MERGED --> Episode III: Revenge of the Sith + Got to see the new Star Wars film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
I guess it's for a movie part, she still looks gorgeous

345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news2.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Fap%2F20050515%2Fcapt.can20305151934.france_cannes_film_festival_can203.jpg

Damn Supercuts!

Natalie has that look for the movie V for Vendetta, which is based on a comic book written by Alan Moore published about 15 years ago. She is playing a central character named Evie. I was wondering if she was going to shave her head for the role. It is being directed by the Wachowski brothers. It is an excellent story about a subversive big brother type future after a nuclear apocalypse where society has no privacy nor independent thought. If done well, it should create quite the buzz.

Last edited:
Is it me or does Palpatine sound like he is doing a gay seduction of Anakin in some of the trailers?

One thing that helps this film get positive reviews is the fact that in comparison to the previous two, it has to be better and excuse my french, but this is the money shot. The other two flicks were just empty filler and it felt like it. This is the main course which everyone has been waiting for. It is almost like a backward Matrix trilogy in terms of quality.

I watched the Attack of the Clones on free TV this last weekend... gah I forgot what a terrible dialogue writer Lucas is and how little interest he's got in directing living actors. It's a depressing thought that ROTS doesn't even have to try hard to be better.

I would die of laughter if Samuel Jackson's character did something like this...

Yoda: What think of you the Sith, should die they?

Sam: YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

*samuel jackson beer! :wink: *

This has nothing to do w/ the movie but I found it interesting :wink:

Has insatiable siren Eva Longoria gone to the dark side?

On Sunday night in the South of France, the least desperate housewife was spotted in full canoodle with "Star Wars" stud Hayden Christensen during the party for "Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" at the Cannes Film Festival.

A Lowdown spywitness reports from the swanky restaurant Le Baoli, the temporary satellite outpost of the New York club PM: "She was hitting on Hayden, big-time. They basically spent the whole night talking and caressing each other in a dark corner with security all around them."

Adds the spy: "They were being discreet, but she was holding his hand, and they left at the same time, around 3:30 a.m."

Although the two took care to leave separately to avoid the paparazzi, says the spy, "I'm pretty sure they hooked up."

The 24-year-old Christensen - who evolves from Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader in the sixth installment of George Lucas' cosmic epic - would be just one of many recent bold-face conquests for the 30-year-old Longoria.

Other reported notches in her belt include actors Sean Faris and Butch Klein, singer JC Chasez, and San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker.

MrsSpringsteen said:
This has nothing to do w/ the movie but I found it interesting :wink:

Has insatiable siren Eva Longoria gone to the dark side?

On Sunday night in the South of France, the least desperate housewife was spotted in full canoodle with "Star Wars" stud Hayden Christensen during the party for "Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" at the Cannes Film Festival.

A Lowdown spywitness reports from the swanky restaurant Le Baoli, the temporary satellite outpost of the New York club PM: "She was hitting on Hayden, big-time. They basically spent the whole night talking and caressing each other in a dark corner with security all around them."

Adds the spy: "They were being discreet, but she was holding his hand, and they left at the same time, around 3:30 a.m."

Although the two took care to leave separately to avoid the paparazzi, says the spy, "I'm pretty sure they hooked up."

The 24-year-old Christensen - who evolves from Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader in the sixth installment of George Lucas' cosmic epic - would be just one of many recent bold-face conquests for the 30-year-old Longoria.

Other reported notches in her belt include actors Sean Faris and Butch Klein, singer JC Chasez, and San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker.

She and Colin Farrell should just get together to see what kind of mutant STD they can create.:wink:

I think Hayden is very cute- but 24 is beyond my limit, unfortunately :D

Yes, Eva does seem to get around, but it's OK for someone like Colin :shrug:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander :wink:

i 'll have to wait till weekend or maybe friday
crap , i'm a bit nervous about those movies
anakin skywalker , vader , yoda

:drool: :drool:

It's going to be way too crowded this weekend, I'm hoping to go one afternoon next week.

Why are people camping at the theaters when all of the tickets have been sold online? Is it for a good spot in the theater? :giggle:

I wanted to go to my local theater today and see if anyone was, and point and laugh at them :wink:

I bought tickets a week ago ... I'm going to see it tonight at 12:01 , with my Dad and my Brother.:wink:

I already read part of the script over on supershadow.com but then again , most everyone already knows the story. I basically read it so I wouldn't miss important parts. I'm a huge Star Wars fan ... but I'm kind of let down how Anakin is never really a good man as Obi-Wan explained in the original trilogy. I think ole' George blew it when it comes to that. Anakin was never a good man ... just a bratty kid that never got his way.:rolleyes:

scarlet october said:
I'm a huge Star Wars fan ... but I'm kind of let down how Anakin is never really a good man as Obi-Wan explained in the original trilogy. I think ole' George blew it when it comes to that. Anakin was never a good man ... just a bratty kid that never got his way.:rolleyes:

I agree. Anakin was kind of sweet when he was a little kid, but most kids are so that doesn't really count. He was a whiny brat throughout Episode II, IMHO.

But I'm still going to the midnight showing tonight. I'm hopeless, I know. :| But at least I just bought a ticket this afternoon and left unlike the losers I saw at the theater who had been waiting in line all night. I wanted to say, "C'mon, guys, it's only a movie! It's not a U2 concert!"

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
It's going to be way too crowded this weekend, I'm hoping to go one afternoon next week.

Why are people camping at the theaters when all of the tickets have been sold online? Is it for a good spot in the theater? :giggle:

I wanted to go to my local theater today and see if anyone was, and point and laugh at them :wink:

A dad I know has some high school aged kids in line for the midnight showing.

Based on his description, it sounds like the "camp at the theater" experience is much like the GA line experience.

Only with better costumes. :wink:

Just got back from seeing it. Had advanced screening passes.

It was good. I liked it. The dialouge was iffy, but that's no surprise. It's easily the best of the prequels and probably tied for 3rd best with Return of the Jedi.

I just got back from watching the pre-release here in Honduras. I believe it was one of the best of the saga.

It is so heartbreaking when Obi-Wan yells at Anakin "you were the chosen one! my brother!" Had I been alone in that theater I would've cried.

I would've also liked to have seen more of Vader in full costume.

All in all, it was great closure.

It was great. I didn't feel leaving really excited, though. Which I think is a good thing. I left feeling satisfied. I loved Ep 1 and 2 in theaters, but after getting them on DVD i realized all the flaws. This one really is all about the story, and Hayden's performance is better than he deserved anyone to expect. And the younglings... damn.

just saw a midnite screening. better than i feared it would be, but still a letdown. dialogue and acting were still as awful as ever, and the plotting/pacing were poor and contrived.

still, plenty of good stuff. severed limbs galore (i seriously lost count) yoda being a badass. samuel l. jackson, damn that guy is INTENSE! favourite part is when the proto-storm troopers start busting caps on all the jedi. that was straight outta the godfather. plus, more than enough references to the original trilogy to keep my inner geek satisfied.

Holy shit. I went to a midnight showing -- and got two hours of sleep as a result -- but man oh man was it worth it. This was the movie I've been waiting all my life for. The movie Episodes I and II should have been. Episode III is an adult movie filled with adult characters (not one single "meesa" is heard) and adult themes. The dialogue is a million times better than the tripe spouted in Episode II. And the climactic battles have to be seen to be believed. I give it five stars.

Last edited:
I am in line for the 6:00 AM showing. There were 50 people in line by 5:30.

My next post will be in the “I just saw Star Wars” thread!!!

Back
Top Bottom