May 14, 2014 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Six days until I pull into Vancouver! With the U2.com teasers now being posted I am really getting excited. Have GA both days, not sure my game plan yet. Have been to Vancouver twice before (last time for 360) so there isn't a lot of pressure for me to see the sights (plus I have three other days to do so), yet I know how crazy the opening shows are so I may still just be mellow about GA and all.

No lines. I'm taking my daughter (14) to her first U2 show & the next night with my son (12), his first U2 show as well. I'll most likely be in the mood for some crab and a nice pint. We will hit the GA doors shortly after 7 I think.
I've had my fix of being up close to the band. One Vertigo ellipse rail, one 360 inner circle, and one 360 Edge Redzone was all it took. I think having experienced the U2 stadium show for the first time on 360 has given me a greater respect for the arena show. I love arenas. Always have always will. U2 with a crowd of less than 20,000 is essentially a club gig in my mind. It's really special. Just to be able to step down to and walk on the floor of a world tour opening pair of shows is going to feel like winning the lottery.
If I'm going to want anything from this tour, its going to be a little space. No, I'm not worried about my kids being able to see or getting bumped. There will be plenty of ways to see and not get crushed. The space is for me to dance like only some crazy 44 year old white guy can dance and for my kids to back away and disown me. Wait till they get a load of me in my most primal U2 fan craziness. :hyper:
Hope to meet some of you there. I'll be easy to find. I have a patch of freckles on the left side of my face that most would believe to be a birth mark (they're not, a long story). And I do wear hearing aids, but you wouldn't know this just by speaking with me. :wave:

No lines. I'm taking my daughter (14) to her first U2 show & the next night with my son (12), his first U2 show as well. I'll most likely be in the mood for some crab and a nice pint. We will hit the GA doors shortly after 7 I think.
I've had my fix of being up close to the band. One Vertigo ellipse rail, one 360 inner circle, and one 360 Edge Redzone was all it took. I think having experienced the U2 stadium show for the first time on 360 has given me a greater respect for the arena show. I love arenas. Always have always will. U2 with a crowd of less than 20,000 is essentially a club gig in my mind. It's really special. Just to be able to step down to and walk on the floor of a world tour opening pair of shows is going to feel like winning the lottery.
If I'm going to want anything from this tour, its going to be a little space. No, I'm not worried about my kids being able to see or getting bumped. There will be plenty of ways to see and not get crushed. The space is for me to dance like only some crazy 44 year old white guy can dance and for my kids to back away and disown me. Wait till they get a load of me in my most primal U2 fan craziness. :hyper:
Hope to meet some of you there. I'll be easy to find. I have a patch of freckles on the left side of my face that most would believe to be a birth mark (they're not, a long story). And I do wear hearing aids, but you wouldn't know this just by speaking with me. :wave:

I love your post and everything you said about seeing the first show on the tour, kicking back with friends (and crab and pints) and just enjoying BEING there. Screw all this whining about GA vs. Redzone, what kind of setlist it will be and the exact percentage of difference between night 1/2, starting GA lines on message boards, entering the 'fan contest' of how many times you've been on the rail. I absolutely agree. I've met some great fans and some nasty ones, and I can REALLY do without the nasty ones. Let them kill each other for the front row, I've had a couple times up there after legitimately rotting in line for 14-16 hours but that's enough for me.

:weekend::weekend::weekend:

If I see you I'll say hey! Not sure if I'm going to take the Joshua Tree hat out yet but look for the stetson with the Ace Of Spades :wave::wave:

Oh by the way all, for those of you wanting to enjoy some appetizers and drinks before the show (who aren't doing mentalsauce GA lineups forever), downtown Vancouver is now all about the 3-6pm "Happy Hour". They weren't allowed to have Happy Hour pricing until last year, and now every downtown bar pretty much does something. Special cheap food menus etc. Here's a couple places close to the arena - Library Square is going to have $3 Jameson which both terrifies and excites me at the same time. :D

http://jimmystaphouse.com/

Downtown Vancouver Bar | Library Square Public House

By the way, if I see any of you people there with low numbers on your hands, you are terrible and need to get back in your line. The people number 24-1000 will appreciate it.

I get to Vancouver this Saturday night :hyper:

We'll start checking things out on Monday, but I don't think (I hope) nothing will happen until Wednesday.

Besides, I might rain that week.

Can't wait! Last day at work tomorrow and then leaving, and arriving on sunday evening. Yay! First tour opening for me.
Have not decided about GA line yet. Feel I've done my fair share of hours in line but the rail is still the rail and not the same as second, third or eigth row. Oh well, we'll see.

Totally off topic but any Vancouverians here that can recommend a good whale watching tour company? I'm not after the cheapest but the best value, good crew, great boat ride (love speed). Can pm me so we don't crash the thread. :) Thanks!

Yupp. Beside U2, that's the one thing I can't miss out visiting Vancouver according to friends so I guess I have to (and want to) do that since I will arrive a couple of days early. :) Wanna join? :D

Seems cool.
I fly out tomorrow night and get to Vancouver Saturday night.

I'm also tempted to do this:
Superfly Ziplines

HEY, EVERYONE!
11210406_1644037809163768_2292051350438746933_n.jpg

It's crazy close now! I can't wait. Visit family who lives there, see my brother(he's flying in from Calgary to come to opening night with me), Stanley Park, Paddle Boarding, two U2 shows. 3 more shifts at work to get through then it's holidays!!

I love that there's no much anticipation and so little known about how this whole stage set up with visuals and layout and all that and how it's going to work and we're going to be the first to get a look at it.

I know it's like the last day (at least for me ) to ask this, but...

what can I see/do/eat from Sunday to Wednesday in Vancouver?
what do you people recomnend?

I know it's like the last day (at least for me ) to ask this, but...

what can I see/do/eat from Sunday to Wednesday in Vancouver?
what do you people recomnend?
- Stanley Park
- Granville Island
- Kayaking or paddle boarding at Deep Cove in North Van

as far as eating gos I don't know of specific restaurants. That would be something a local would have to help ya with.

Wow, that looks cool too Pepokiss! What an adventure.
My plan for the whales is Tuesday. Nothing booked yet though.

Opening night will be my 23rd U2 show. Every square inch in GA is gold. I'm planning to find myself a nice spot somewhere halfway the arena floor having a good view of the screen less than 10 metres away and about 25/30 metres from both the I-stage and E-stage.
I'll be flying into Vancouver this Wednesday. :hyper:

Opening night will be my 23rd U2 show. Every square inch in GA is gold. I'm planning to find myself a nice spot somewhere halfway the arena floor having a good view of the screen less than 10 metres away and about 25/30 metres from both the I-stage and E-stage.

I think that sounds like the ideal spot.

Hey!!! They just dropped tickets for May 14th...I just scored 2 GA's north floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And at this moment I can pull up more GA's for May 14th....GO GO GO GO!!!

Wow, talk about synchronicity!! :wave: ... The Opener in Vancouver will also be my 23rd show!! :happy:... And I will also be flying in on Wednesday!! :hyper:

Hey all

My girlfriend had to stay home in London last minute so I've got a spare GA for each of the two Vancouver shows. Anyone interested can PM me and we can meet up at venue, though be warned I'm not particularly keen on being there at the crack of dawn.

M

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Can't believe my Christmas gift of a trip to see U2 is happening and ended up being the first show of the tour. Can it be Thursday yet?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I wonder if anyone will get messed up with the red zone/"main" stage placement on TM in Vancouver and seating maps for other cities when there is ticket drops.

Longtime lurker on this site, fan for over 30 years. Going Thursday GA. But I have an extra NORTH GA if anyone's interested. PM me please. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone will get messed up with the red zone/"main" stage placement on TM in Vancouver and seating maps for other cities when there is ticket drops.

We selected out seats thinking the redzone areas were near the "main" stage. I'm hoping we're on the E side, but ready to accept that we're not.

At like 8 pm some girl got to the line and got herself on the list, and she bought us sushi.

Like at 9 something a mini-van pulls up and delivers pizza to the line (that was in full roll-call motion, so there were a lot of people). The band sent the pizzas for us. I think they were 5 pizzas. And some water bottles.

Then one guy that's lining up comes up with movie popcorn

Then a girl that lives here comes with balloons from her work.

The GA line was a party!
It was the greatest homeless ville I've seen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom