Lulworth Cove, Dorset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that much; I'll make Kilmore if noone else wants to do one though

I look forward to that one the next time the thread finishes while the day crowd is around. You've been holding the fort well with threads then.

1. That should be superfly. Yeah, my head isn't working one hundo right now, but I'll see if I can find some instrumentals. Surely there are others about.

2. [CUT VIDEO TO SAVE MY FIREFOX]

3. I've never seen it on tap. There could be the odd chance that they might have it, but then again, a lot of Irish pubs here don't even have Harp! Not that it's a bad thing, but it's a bit odd! So, I'd say go to a big bottle-o. If you have Dan Murphy's or First Choice shops about, definitely check them out.

4. 'Fraid not. I like games where things happen. :wink: Although I did get quite into the Ashes a couple years back. It's a seasonal thing, I guess. Anyway, I'll still be thinking about football a lot because I'll probably be playing for a woman's team next year if things go to plan, so I need to hone some skills and get fit.

Also, I did speak to Conor Oberst on AIM, honest. I even tried to set him up with a 15 year old friend of mine.

1. Gee, who'd guess you're on absinthe. :wink: But yeah, I'd like some shoegazing instrumentals to add another mood. I've got plenty of post-rock of course, some ambience, some prog rock, even The Edge.

2. Watching now. Oh god. He can't even remember Brian May's name?

3. Oh, righto. That's a bit of a shame; what other stuff likely to be on tap should I make a point of trying then?

4. Ah, cool. God, playing AFL looks nuts, a surefire way to get yourself injured.

:lmao: I'm still having such a hard time believing you.

Good morning - what r u all still doing up - doesn't anyone here have a job to go to?:lol:

Couldn't we ask the same of you? :wink:

I'm on university holidays right now. Plus I don't have class on Mondays anyway. Win! :drool:

I just got back from my job :wink:

We're still having lulz then?

Ax, was my typing bad last night or not?

GG2! :wave:

Your typing did go a little bit iffy, but nothing remarkable, at least while I was there. Did you actually get properly drunk? You were definitely on the tipsy side of life when I departed.

GG2! :wave:

Your typing did go a little bit iffy, but nothing remarkable, at least while I was there. Did you actually get properly drunk? You were definitely on the tipsy side of life when I departed.

:grumpy: Damn, failed again.

:lol: No, all I got was a wee bit tipsy, I gotta admit never been that warm before! I just got warm and my fingers were refusing to type some moments... but yea, nothing besides that :shrug: Still could think clear and everything.. didn't fall down the stairs :wink:

How've you been? :kiss:

OK, my running diary of Bonnie's running diary seems to have petered out. Let's keep going.

#901. I am sure that listening to yawns would be more interesting than Beck. On a personal side note, I often confuse Bright Eyes and Beck just because the same people wank over both and it all becomes a formless mass in the end.

1. Gee, who'd guess you're on absinthe. :wink: But yeah, I'd like some shoegazing instrumentals to add another mood. I've got plenty of post-rock of course, some ambience, some prog rock, even The Edge.

2. Watching now. Oh god. He can't even remember Brian May's name?

3. Oh, righto. That's a bit of a shame; what other stuff likely to be on tap should I make a point of trying then?

4. Ah, cool. God, playing AFL looks nuts, a surefire way to get yourself injured.

:lmao: I'm still having such a hard time believing you.

1. Haha, actually I wasn't on absinthe until just then. I had two shots of it with some energy drink. Unpleasant, but surprisingly drinkable. So yeah, we'll see how things go, eh? Album sounds good - will that be for the next DI?

2. I sort of figure that he didn't know Brian May's name to begin with.

3. Ah, well there are usually a few English and Scottish ales that are good stuff. Tetleys is nice. Some London Ales, too. I see them on tap a bit. And some others whose names escape me at the moment. John might know more about Irish beers, though. Why wouldn't he, after all?

4. Well, I've known of people dying on the oval. I don't have a problem with that. Not that I expect to get terribly injured, but hey - I'll get injured doing something I like!

It's true. I could give you his screenname, but I have some decency. Okay, this sounds all quite fake. But I still have the first chat I had with him saved somewhere. I have also talked to the guy from VAST, so it's no biggie.

Well for Kilmore I've found 3! (minimum) different churches with the name. One in donegel, wexford and the Isle of Mull (Scotland) :wink:

Ah, cool. Go with the Isle of Mull one! That name cracks me up. Isle of Mull just about feels like something we should go to ANYWAY, and having Kilmore Church just makes it even better.

:grumpy: Damn, failed again.

:lol: No, all I got was a wee bit tipsy, I gotta admit never been that warm before! I just got warm and my fingers were refusing to type some moments... but yea, nothing besides that :shrug: Still could think clear and everything.. didn't fall down the stairs :wink:

How've you been? :kiss:

At least you've made some progress! And typing isn't really that much of an indicator, given how precise mine can be even when I'm most certainly more drunk than tipsy. I've found drunkenness to be quite a letdown.

I've been good! A bit bored. Your fine self?

1. Haha, actually I wasn't on absinthe until just then. I had two shots of it with some energy drink. Unpleasant, but surprisingly drinkable. So yeah, we'll see how things go, eh? Album sounds good - will that be for the next DI?

2. I sort of figure that he didn't know Brian May's name to begin with.

3. Ah, well there are usually a few English and Scottish ales that are good stuff. Tetleys is nice. Some London Ales, too. I see them on tap a bit. And some others whose names escape me at the moment. John might know more about Irish beers, though. Why wouldn't he, after all?

4. Well, I've known of people dying on the oval. I don't have a problem with that. Not that I expect to get terribly injured, but hey - I'll get injured doing something I like!

It's true. I could give you his screenname, but I have some decency. Okay, this sounds all quite fake. But I still have the first chat I had with him saved somewhere. I have also talked to the guy from VAST, so it's no biggie.

1. Next DI will be a piss-take, I just can't decide whether it will be an all-metal list or a sell-out list. This will probably be for DI VII.

2. This is a good point. I like how he talks about "that guy from Queen, Freddie Mercury" as if he's a lesser star than His Bononess.

3. Because inevitably people not from Ireland seem to be more obsessed with knowing about Irish things than Irish people themselves? :wink:

4. Yeah, I've heard of people dying in rugby too. But between the rugby and AFL players I've known, the AFL guys have gotten injured with more regularity and more severely. My flatmate in Brisbane doesn't even follow AFL any more after how badly his knee got damaged and he does ROWING.

God, why can't I get SW's AIM or something. Or Bono's e-mail so that I can abuse him about U2's setlists.

Once I find enough articles to cite and reference etc. this essay will be pretty easy I mean how could you not write about how poverty is a barrier to this "..make primary education compulsory and available free to all..."? Finding references will probably be the hardest part of this

By the way Ax, you may recall that last night I said that there is a god if I didn't vomit my guts out after what I consumed last night. Well, guess what? I didn't vomit. So now I'm a follower of the Great Mystery, Wakan Tanka. Washte, brothers and sisters!

#903, Bonnie in true bohemian style takes an absinthe break, since she is so much more pretentious than Lance or Bono or me or anybody.

Accordingly, this diary too shall take a break. But because I am contemplating a sell-out list for DI VI, this will be a COMMERCIAL BREAK. Courtesy of the current ad on FYM:

imgad

... what.

Once I find enough articles to cite and reference etc. this essay will be pretty easy I mean how could you not write about how poverty is a barrier to this "..make primary education compulsory and available free to all..."? Finding references will probably be the hardest part of this

I love the need for references just for stating the obvious.

Then you find articles by actual academics that have almost no citations at all and you realise you're expected to do much more work than they are sometimes.

Guys google ads apparently tells me there is a place in this world called Swanage :lol:

Yeah, I'd heard of there before. And Wikipedia has just enlightened me to the fact that not only is it near Lulworth Cove, but it is also near another Superthread location, Old Harry Rocks!

By the way Ax, you may recall that last night I said that there is a god if I didn't vomit my guts out after what I consumed last night. Well, guess what? I didn't vomit. So now I'm a follower of the Great Mystery, Wakan Tanka. Washte, brothers and sisters!

Oh shit, my atheism has been rocked to its core now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom