LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL at all the earlier nervous hand-wringing, whining and virtual slitting of wrists over U2 allowing the big bad bank to rope them into a commercial spot/corporate promo...in the end, it's barely even mentioned! :lol:

LOL at all the earlier nervous hand-wringing, whining and virtual slitting of wrists over U2 allowing the big bad bank to rope them into a commercial spot/corporate promo...in the end, it's barely even mentioned! :lol:

Like I said from the get-go...kudos to Bono for getting BoA to essentially cough up cash and promote (RED). :up:

I may not love his choice of 'promoters' or 'partners', but damn it, someone's gotta do the dirty work. Well done, B. Well done. :applaud:

Like I said from the get-go...kudos to Bono for getting BoA to essentially cough up cash and promote (RED). :up:

The BOA presence in the ad is as some of us predicted in this thread when the story first broke..the BOA logo with the RED logo at the end of the ad. You didn't need to know any insiders to figure out that's how it would go. :lol: And it worked out very well for BOA...the song is great and the commercial is great. I'm sure they feel they're getting their money's worth...and will get what they want out of it.

As I'm sure will U2. :) Take a look at Twitter...see how many people are talking about the new U2 song vs. how many people are talking about ending AIDS in Africa. There's your answer!

... ok? I have no problem with people loving. I just don't. Also there's a contigency of U2 fans that will absolutely adore any single thing U2 ever puts out without an inkling of any criticism (constructive or otherwise). Again, no worries to people that choose that path. I just don't.

Then again I keep hoping U2 will go back to the level of fire and experimentalization from the AB/Zooropa/Pop days and it's becoming increasingly clear that will never happen again.

Is a contingency of U2 fans our collective name, like a murder of crows? Or do you mean a U2 fan contingent? Or do you mean the escape plan of a group of U2 fans?

Is a contingency of U2 fans our collective name, like a murder of crows? Or do you mean a U2 fan contingent? Or do you mean the escape plan of a group of U2 fans?

I take it you're trying to be pedantic, but I mean a U2 fan contingent. My spell checker always tells me I'm using contingency wrong, but I've decided I just don't care. It's a sort of merger between contingent and constituency.

they should give out the flashlights -- give people something to hold so they stop with the damn smart phones.

I'm sure they want to do something along the lines of Coldplay's "Charlie Brown"

Coldplay - Charlie Brow [Live 2012 Stade de France HQ] - YouTube

but what do they know...
(IMO) Bono missed the chance to make Magnificent a stadium act when he didn't to "The Wave" more than that one time at Fordham University

U2 - Magnificent Live Fordham University [HD - High Quality] Good Morning America - YouTube
Wow that Coldplay video was amazing. Did they do that for every show? Pass out lights?

Wow that Coldplay video was amazing. Did they do that for every show? Pass out lights?

They did that for their recent tour (that I wish I saw), but they lost some profit because those were quite expensive to make and distribute in large venues. Yes, it's pretty amazing - light-up wristbands.

EDIT: Also, did anybody else notice the small print on the iTunes page? Says "BoA will contribute $1 per download up to $8 million...". Is that new? I thought they were only going up to $2 million?

Or am I remembering incorrectly?
:hmm: good catch. Maybe they got BoA to raise it as it leaked early?

:wink: Perhaps Guy had a bet with them if it would leak, and if it would they'd have to raise the contribution?

During the line "I finally found my real name" I keep expecting Bono to sing "I finally found what I am looking for" instead.

:lol: Well played!

At every show, every person was given a light - wristband ... and they (the band/production) controled when to turn it on or off

_62384298_xylo4.jpg

Okay, that is pretty seriously awesome. :lol: And that comes from a coldplay hater.

:lol: Yeah I hate them too.

But I will admit the light-wristband seems like a cool idea.

Brad Paisley did some sort of "app" for his concerts that was interactive for those who opened it during the show. Not sure what the details were but that's something else that would be interesting to see marketed to the U2 crowd. :up:

....I love how we've had the song for about 8 hours now and suddenly the talk is turning to "when they tour". :yes:

Invisible has done its' job. :heart:

Psshhht. I guess. Wrist bands that light up for everyone in attendance is cool... But Bono ordered pizza for everyone at a concert once. Beat that Coldplay!

Back
Top Bottom