LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't be a stretch - there's a few days between now and the 9th, and they have historically been in Toronto the first 2 weeks of September for a good many years now..

Sent from my ass crack

That wouldn't be a stretch - there's a few days between now and the 9th, and they have historically been in Toronto the first 2 weeks of September for a good many years now..

Sent from my ass crack

Since their rep said they're definitely not going to be performing at the iPhone launch (not whether or not they have anything to do with the phone itself), I don't think it really matters whether or not U2 are in CA on the 9th.

Maybe they are recording more in Toronto lol

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well, the TIFF is going on now.

I know, that's why I find it confusing. I couldn't really tell if they were saying I just saw these people on a plane together on my way to TIFF, or if they were saying, In the past on other plane rides I've been on to TIFF, I saw all of these people.

I know, that's why I find it confusing. I couldn't really tell if they were saying I just saw these people on a plane together on my way to TIFF, or if they were saying, In the past on other plane rides I've been on to TIFF, I saw all of these people.
Yeah, confusing.

Here's the reality:

Things are way different than they were almost 20 years ago when they would have potentially left Adam behind and forged ahead - because back then they were still very much in their prime and would have to see that loss as necessary to continuing the band's trajectory.

There is no longer that need in the band, and if you can't hear that in the music even, we're listening to different bands. If Larry was to leave, it wouldn't be because he wanted out, it'd be because he strongly felt that was all they had left. And Bono would probably be the first to agree with him, with Adam close behind, and Edge well he'll never pack it in entirely. But it would absolutely be a band decision, and that would be it.

They've alluded to as much publicly, and that's the word privately also.

The band does not continue without Larry. No way no how.

Now..whether or not The Edge and/or Bono need to find musical release and so do something that possibly even sounds similar to what they've been used to putting out as U2, well sure, they might, but they can quite easily do so banking on their musical currency if you will as "Bono" and "The Edge". As they already have been doing, in fact.

Sent from my ass crack

All of this. Not sure why Nick is drawing a comparison between a band's will to continue after only being around for 10 years vs being around for 35.

Not sure why Nick is drawing a comparison between a band's will to continue after only being around for 10 years vs being around for 35.

Well what I said was that, IMO, IF Larry left and IF the band wanted to continue, Larry leaving, by itself, would not be enough to stop them. In other words, if the other three wanted to continue as U2, and Larry left, I don't think they'd say "Well, Larry's gone, that's it". But I also said I think it's likely this is their last record, Larry or not, and I do agree that their will continue certainly isn't as strong now as it was 25 years ago. That's obvious.

I also said all this is just my opinion, I'm not Bono or Edge, so I can't pretend to know what they're thinking to say definitively what the situation is. No one here knows what the band would do in such a situation...that's the reality.

I also said it's just my opinion, I'm not Bono or Edge so I can't pretend to know what they're thinking to say definitively what the reality of the situation is. No one here knows what the band would do in such a situation...that's the reality.

Gabe can.

I don't know why, but even if l think Invisible is pretty solid, uplifting and even catchy, there is something more I would like from them. This new Robert Plant song Rainbow put some perspective to what I really like o hear from U2 nowadays. A heartfelt, layered song with no need to be a big hit. You listen to it several times and there is this mood, this small sounds. You break into it. Its not immediate, but then it makes part of your emotions. His voice is not trying to get the worlds attention, it intimate, like Bono was in One three Hill, One, Stay... There is this plastic, polished feel to U2 songs since some time now, that prevent them to achieve that magical sound they once got. And this Rainbow song shows where they could have been.

They only use private aircraft when on tour

It just seems funny picturing some random airport security guy patting Bono down and then having him sit in first class as all of the regular people walk past him to the rear of the plane.

Christ Ashley do you honestly need to do this all the time? Are you deliberately trying to stoke Nick's already directindirect references? Maybe you need to reread Diemen's earlier memo

Sent from my ass crack

I didn't say anything about Fisher, so I'm not sure what memo you're referring to. You can't post information like you factually know things and not expect people to call you out for it. When you say you know something, definitely, you're going to get a little shit for it, and I don't think there's any rule that suggests that you should be free from criticism.

It just seems funny picturing some random airport security guy patting Bono down and then having him sit in first class as all of the regular people walk past him to the rear of the plane.

Bono usually sits in economy class, I was on a flight to New York before both he and Ali where sat three rows from me.

Bono usually sits in economy class, I was on a flight to New York before both he and Ali where sat three rows from me.

That's oddly awesome. I like hearing stories like that (for whatever reason).

Did Bono's hat get it's own seat? :wink: /oldjokes

I didn't say anything about Fisher, so I'm not sure what memo you're referring to. You can't post information like you factually know things and not expect people to call you out for it. When you say you know something, definitely, you're going to get a little shit for it, and I don't think there's any rule that suggests that you should be free from criticism.

The memo where Diemen told everyone to can all the childish little feuds, it wasnt limited solely to the Fisher fiasco.

I can post like i factually know something of course I can, and who exactly are you to judge who and what I might know? incredible. if you don't like what I post,you have a few options: ignore, report, or take it up via pm.

Sent from my ass crack

What?! That is quite interesting.

Is it? In Dublin members of U2 are treated no differently and they act no differently to us,I have come across members of the band on countless occasions...in bars,shopping centres,walking down grafton street etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom