Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where to next?

• Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Wetwang, England

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mars, Mars

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Yes, it was. I have loads of U2, but I rarely listen to it. Generally listening to their music pisses me off, because the songwriting is excellent pre-2000. But the mixing generally sucks so hardcore that it ruins it for me. That's why I'm really loving that they're remastering it.
Man, you reminded me how much Under a Blood Red Sky sounds like shit. I'm listening to Trans-Europe Express and it has fucking better mixing.

mysterious_jen said:
haiku of the year from No spoken whales

Original Haiku:

Screwtape you are pure
Don't take this the wrong way, but
please go fuck yourself

:lmao:

This still seriously cracks me up. I think New South Wales is going to have a hard time topping that one.

Canadiens1160 said:
Man, you reminded me how much Under a Blood Red Sky sounds like shit. I'm listening to Trans-Europe Express and it has fucking better mixing.

Well, we'll get the 3 (arguably best mixed) remasters in May at least!

Axver can besiege its flow all he wants, but to me it fucking flows. (doesn't know what Axver feels about its flow :reject:)

the tourist said:
Axver can besiege its flow all he wants, but to me it fucking flows. (doesn't know what Axver feels about its flow :reject:)

Best Of 1980-1990? It's alright. Never play it these days though, I prefer proper albums.

Also, anything is better than U2 18's shocking flow.

Varitek said:
flow = stock album criticism by axver

mixing = stock album criticism by tourist

voice = stock stfu peterrrr

Glad to be a classification. Personally, all three of those are very important to me (as I generally agree with Axver's assessments of flow). Though Peterrrrrrrrr's vocal taste is kinda screwy if he likes Bono's current voice better than 80s Bono.

Axver said:

Best Of 1980-1990? It's alright. Never play it these days though, I prefer proper albums.

Also, anything is better than U2 18's shocking flow.

For some reason Pride and New Year's Day seem destined to be coupled together like that, though.

Oh, Ian, on my break earlier I had Reese's Peanut Butter cups and I thought you should know!

the tourist said:

For some reason Pride and New Year's Day seem destined to be coupled together like that, though.

Yeah, it's a good opening duo.

SBS --> Bad is a bit weird though.

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh, thank you,
Varitek.

GOD I HATE PETERRR.

No seriously. Listen to his voice on the "eee" in She's A Mystery To Me at 3:31 from 6/1/buttfuck.

mysterious_jen said:

really ? why ?

listen to it through headphones ...

its full of bono goodness . :faint:

I just like all the others better, though War might be close but it was my original album that caught me so I'm reluctant to let go of it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Stay, fucking brilliant. I also love TW, TFT, DD, Zooropa, Lemon and Numb. I really don't care much for the other songs on it.

I guess if you averaged how much I like a song, Stay's amazingness would bring the album up, but as a whole not so much.

the tourist said:

No seriously. Listen to his voice on the "eee" in She's A Mystery To Me at 3:31 from 6/1/buttfuck.

Don't forget his voice from 12/12/12 in West Fuckyou during the soundcheck. It might sound like static, but check out how he holds that psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom