Letter from Bono on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoa, that was a really cool read.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Cue all the negative click-bait trash articles from the usual websites on this...
Careful Bono, don't step on a bug!

It took me some time to figure out what that x-ray picture on the atU2 site was all about. It's :crazy:

I love the idea of his children going to Cedarwood Road to take a picture for him as a present, though, it's a nice shot.

Good (though sometimes painful) to see him open up about so many personal things, it makes him more human.

I hope he can recover well and really takes his time to heal. It will be hard to be fit enough for the start of the tour. I'll miss seeing his green guitar on him, maybe he can at least still continue to wear it, even if he's unable to play.

It was great to finally hear from him again, and it was a great read aswell.
I love how he keeps insisting on all the important not-u2 related things, no matter what some people say, that guy is definitely not a poser or fake.

Great read.

I'll miss seeing his green guitar on him, maybe he can at least still continue to wear it, even if he's unable to play.

I guess it wasn't your intention, but that's a really clever joke right there.

c-is-for-cookie.jpg

Seems like the point the press has picked up on the most is actually not a negative one, for once. The trending article this morning is how after Bono's horrific accident, he'll never play guitar again. Comments are mostly sympathetic and well meaning, some are "he plays guitar?", and occasionally there's the asshole who says "he should've died in that crash, then we wouldn't have to get anymore free albums!"

It was a great read, though. Hopefully he maintains his focus to just getting better by May 14th!

being nitpicky, mean spirited and reading into it like a polititian... did anyone else thought that the "O is for Oseary" bit was very deep and emotional and shows how well connected they are with their new manager?
:reject:

Please what is so upsetting with correcting someone with science?

You're not correcting anyone with science, you're being a jerk on purpose. Actually, there is plenty of proof the guy lived once, a long time ago. Apparently you didn't quite check your scientiffic knowledge there.
Stop being a dick in the name of science. Not all scientists are like this. Most of us have the capability to put things in perspective and respect people who choose to believe in a religion.

It was a good read, injected with a lot of Irish humour. Glad Bono didn't lose that when he shattered his funny bone. :wink:

You're not correcting anyone with science, you're being a jerk on purpose. Actually, there is plenty of proof the guy lived once, a long time ago. Apparently you didn't quite check your scientiffic knowledge there.

Stop being a dick in the name of science. Not all scientists are like this. Most of us have the capability to put things in perspective and respect people who choose to believe in a religion.

It was a good read, injected with a lot of Irish humour. Glad Bono didn't lose that when he shattered his funny bone. :wink:

Thank you, well said.

No need to even start this type of topic in the first place in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Seems like the point the press has picked up on the most is actually not a negative one, for once. The trending article this morning is how after Bono's horrific accident, he'll never play guitar again. Comments are mostly sympathetic and well meaning, some are "he plays guitar?", and occasionally there's the asshole who says "he should've died in that crash, then we wouldn't have to get anymore free albums!"

It was a great read, though. Hopefully he maintains his focus to just getting better by May 14th!

Definitely great.

Bizarrely, on the Facebook page for USA Today's article about Bono's letter, there are many garbage responses and some are even slagging Edge's guitar work! I'll need to go and read Bono's letter again to clear my mind of the detritus.

Predictably, those nasty commenters seemingly didn't take the time to read the article. So often people don't take the time... If they did, they wouldn't be so negative. Well, some might. There are all levels of "humanity" out there.

Definitely great.

Bizarrely, on the Facebook page for USA Today's article about Bono's letter, there are many garbage responses and some are even slagging Edge's guitar work! I'll need to go and read Bono's letter again to clear my mind of the detritus.

Predictably, those nasty commenters seemingly didn't take the time to read the article. So often people don't take the time... If they did, they wouldn't be so negative. Well, some might. There are all levels of "humanity" out there.

Clearly he was right with what he said in regards to the internet:

If you're in an old pub here in Dublin, in fact most places, walk into the gents and further into the stalls; close the door and study the walls... nothing there... clean as a whistle. Where has all the graffiti gone? The bile and spleen, the grotesque drawing, the sexual meandering, the threats of violence to minorities? Where has it gone? It's on the blessed Internet. Scroll down... you know you're looking at your phone in the loo anyway.

I'm very sure most haters don't take the time to read ANY of the article Bono has written, they only read a headline like "He'll never be able to play guitar again" and go: "Wow. Why didn't he fall on his mouth so he won't be able to sing ever again?" and ridiculous, childish stuff like that. But yes, I also see many sympathetic comments, thank God, people still have some common sense. You don't wish these injuries on anyone and the essay Bono has written just shows that he's very human and not a dick like many just love to think.

Clearly he was right with what he said in regards to the internet:

If you're in an old pub here in Dublin, in fact most places, walk into the gents and further into the stalls; close the door and study the walls... nothing there... clean as a whistle. Where has all the graffiti gone? The bile and spleen, the grotesque drawing, the sexual meandering, the threats of violence to minorities? Where has it gone? It's on the blessed Internet. Scroll down... you know you're looking at your phone in the loo anyway.

Yep, he got that down very well.

Protip: Never read the comments on things or people you like. Especially not on youtube. It's not worth it.

As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again.

And just as important is the sentence he writes immediately after that.
The band have reminded me that neither they nor Western civilization are depending on this.

(Though yes, it would be unfortunate if he can't strum the guitar anymore as he seems to enjoy it)

The Fly will seriously miss Bono on guitar if he truly is unable to play it again, as would Last Night on Earth if the band remembered it exists.

You're not correcting anyone with science, you're being a jerk on purpose. Actually, there is plenty of proof the guy lived once, a long time ago. Apparently you didn't quite check your scientiffic knowledge :

There are no real evidence that he existed, but If you have you can always give me those peer-reviews. There might have been some guys around that time that did some things, but there arent any proof that it was jesus.
And there arent any proof for the virgin birth, the miracles...

I recently read an article wich collected over 50 studies, which lead to that there isnt any evidence...

So no it isnt being an jerk....

Good way to derail a thread and completely change the argument over what the other poster was even talking about. Solid trolling, B-/B.

Maybe you haven't heard a certain album called Pop that came out in 1997. Look it up. ;)

I know it very well. I´ve recently listened to Leeds and Praha bootlegs. I know the style Adam was playing that album. More jazzy, with his fingers, but he he was under the influence of the lessons he took, so his playing was lacking the attack, the rawness, on the recent record there is all. Great bass riffs, elegant playing, straight forward playing, simply all, he is perfect for every single song. He is the best on SOI. Big respect for Mr. Adam Clayton!

Back
Top Bottom