Leather Day - Innocent Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AliBono83.jpg

:hyper::cute: They were always so perfect together! :love:

If you're anything like me, you'll bow down and kiss the ground at the Cliffs anyway; they are that beautiful and majestic! :love: Where all do you plan to go?
Nothing is booked yet, but I'll be staying in Dublin, visit the museums, walk around Temple Bar, take a sneek peak at Hanover Quay studios, visit the Cliffs obviously, I want to take an afternoon tea at the Clarence (no matter the price!:lol:) and much more! Will probably be visiting London and a bit of Germany. Why yes, I'll be running around everywhere!

Yes, if the Cliffs are that pretty, undoubtedly, I'll certainly gush all over the place!!:heart::cute:

Well, the mere fact of stepping onto Ireland's soil will probably bring moi to tears anyway:love:

Nothing is booked yet, but I'll be staying in Dublin, visit the museums, walk around Temple Bar, take a sneek peak at Hanover Quay studios, visit the Cliffs obviously, I want to take an afternoon tea at the Clarence (no matter the price!:lol:) and much more! Will probably be visiting London and a bit of Germany. Why yes, I'll be running around everywhere!

Yes, if the Cliffs are that pretty, undoubtedly, I'll certainly gush all over the place!!:heart::cute:

Well, the mere fact of stepping onto Ireland's soil will probably bring moi to tears anyway:love:

You can ask my tour mates how many times I got teary-eyed during the 10 days. :lol: The Cliffs are clear across the island from Dublin, but well worth the trip. Check out the Rock of Cashel, too, if you get a chance.

063009Cliffs-of-MoherDaisies.jpg

You can ask my tour mates how many times I got teary-eyed during the 10 days. :lol: The Cliffs are clear across the island from Dublin, but well worth the trip. Check out the Rock of Cashel, too, if you get a chance.

063009Cliffs-of-MoherDaisies.jpg

Will do, will do! :cute:
My trip is keeping moi motivated this year, can't wait!! :hyper::love:

I think Bono's always looking to create iconic moments, something that will stick in people's minds for a long time. Like he did at Live Aid, we all remember him dancing with that girl. He wants to make an impression, because those last forever... well, that's one way I guess to explain his quirky behaviour!!:lol::D:cute:

I found some photos with Ali on my computer. Bono looks here so innocent, doesn't he? :lol::D

bonoali3.jpg

bonoali2.jpg

bonoali1.jpg

Oh, god, that shot of those cliffs...GUH... I am SUCH a sucker for picturesque shots like that. I am immensely envious of anyone who's going to Ireland anytime soon, it's a dream of mine to someday go there. My sister and her fiance have been talking about going there on their honeymoon if they are able to afford it.

Hope those of you who are going have a wonderful time (and LoveandLogic, mayhaps we'll be hearing some happy news upon your return. That'd be awesome if that happened. No pressure, though, of course).

I seem to just have a thing for Irish-related stuff in general-I like the music I've heard from there, I like the writings I've read from there, practically every crush of mine is either full-blooded Irish, born and raised in that country, or has strong elements of it in their ancestry... I've got a small bit of Irish in my ancestry, so, um, yay!

All right, so that's about one of the cutest things ever :cute:. Seems like he has a lovely, wonderful family.

Bless them!:hug: He must not be easy to deal with on a regular basis, but, once again, Bono summed it up on the poster that came with the U2 ipod which has been in my line of vision for the past, what 3 years?! "The hardest thing to do is to stick together. Mates, family, marriage, business, bands. It's like resisting gravity. It's like King Canute sitting in his chair trying to talk back the tide... but you can and we have and we will, turn the waves around. The alternative is too predictable. You rid the room of argument.. you empty your life of the people you need the most.":heart:

That's an awesome quote (and thanks for getting the proper version of the one I was talking about, too. Well said, go, Bono! Woo!). He's absolutely right. He and his family and friends seem to have managed to make it work for 30 plus years, they know how to work through all the difficulties, so my hat's off to them, and the lessons they've learned can certainly be adapted in anyone else's lives.

I know exactly what you mean, whenever they're doing interviews, Bono especially, I always feel that level of intimacy, as though he's connecting with each & every one of us or something. It's a very unique feeling that one doesn't come across too often! And of course, I'd loooove to listen to music with Bono, bring on Leonard Cohen, Sinatra, the Beatles, Johnny Cash...:cute:

Oh, hell, yeah, I'd be up for that. And I really like that effort to connect with people, too. I love hearing stories about him running into fans in Dublin and giving them rides or chatting them up or something (and he's done similar things elsewhere, too). I remember being amused when reading the "At The End Of The World" book, 'cause it seemed it didn't matter where in the world the band went-could be a big city like New York or the most remote village somewhere in Asia, whatever-Bono somehow managed to run into someone he knew or start up a conversation with somebody as though he'd known them his whole life. He just has this uncanny knack for conversing with people in a way that they can relate to him somehow. I'm always amazed by people who can do that.

How sweet! Very true, that version sounds quite mesmerizing!! On that note, check on youtube, "Two Shots Of Happy" which Bono sang on Elvis Costello last year, I think you'll love it!:hug: I've posted the link in the last page of the U2tube link thread, like 2 days ago! It's all so bittersweet!:heart:

Ooh, yes, I've heard that! I recorded that episode a while back and watched it recently-it was a fantastic show. I love "Two Shots Of Happy", it was nice to hear a live performance of that song.

That version of "Summer Wine" is indeed mesmerizing. I love their rendition of that song. I'm also in love with their cover of "When The Stars Go Blue", I remember in the summer of 2002 I was so obsessed with that song, played it over and over and over. Incidentally, that was the year I got further into U2 and developed my crush on Bono-the video for "When The Stars Go Blue" got my attention. He was slow dancing with Andrea and it was just so sweet and charming and...yeah. I wished I was her.

:applaud::applaud: Now wasn't it Bono who sang "the soul needs beauty for a soulmate":cute: Both incredibly dedicated, motivated and positive individuals, one can only but praise such people! :heart: If you love reading, "The Long Walk in Life" Mandela's autobiography is worth a read!:heart:

It was indeed, and yet again, I've no argument with that statement. I do indeed love to read, I'll certainly keep an eye out for that book. I've no doubt it'd be a fascinating read. Thanks for the recommendation.

As always, girls, loving the pictures in here. It's nice to know there's no shortage of photos that would fit the theme for this thread-may Bono continue to give us many more years of hilarious and adorable actions worth capturing.

Angela

Oh, god, that shot of those cliffs...GUH... I am SUCH a sucker for picturesque shots like that. I am immensely envious of anyone who's going to Ireland anytime soon, it's a dream of mine to someday go there. My sister and her fiance have been talking about going there on their honeymoon if they are able to afford it.

I seem to just have a thing for Irish-related stuff in general-I like the music I've heard from there, I like the writings I've read from there, practically every crush of mine is either full-blooded Irish, born and raised in that country, or has strong elements of it in their ancestry... I've got a small bit of Irish in my ancestry, so, um, yay!

My sisters, brother, and I had been talking about it for years. Finally last year was THE YEAR: nine members of my family went! I can hardly believe that I stood there at the Cliffs and took that picture--but if I keep looking at the pictures and thinking about it, it will live forever in my heart and mind. Save up and go! :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom