Kiritimati, Kiribati - Christmas Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you like "Ashley", Ashley?

Haha! didn't notice that. If I ever get to it we'll see. For now, this is just painful. The music won't load at all because brittany took the power cable, and now I'm on battery mode, and it just completely wipes out the processor when it does that. Keeps buffering and shit. I'm about to give up.

Haha! didn't notice that. If I ever get to it we'll see. For now, this is just painful. The music won't load at all because brittany took the power cable, and now I'm on battery mode, and it just completely wipes out the processor when it does that. Keeps buffering and shit. I'm about to give up.

:madwife: That's not Britastic.

You know, REM's Accelerate would have been up there for me if the lyrics weren't so obviously horrible. I should dig up some examples.

What are you saying? That

"Death is pretty final, I'm collecting vinyl, I'm gonna DJ at the end of the WORRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD"

is not Shakespearean???? :huh:

I got disconnected from the internet there for a few minutes, but Axver, you should enjoy the title of this track: Fools.

Haha, I just got disconnected too, but by a power cut at my mother's. She's now gone to an appointment, so I'm back with electricity at my Nan's.

Anything called Fools has at least SOMETHING going for it, fools.

Well put. Only a couple of albums will stick with me for any length of time, but a bunch were very enjoyable.

I think Russian Circles' Station will stick with me for some time, and A Forest Of Stars' The Corpse Of Rebirth has changed how I think about black metal. Otherwise, it was as you say, a bunch of enjoyable stuff. I feel neither let down nor astounded by the year in music. It just was.

What are you saying? That

"Death is pretty final, I'm collecting vinyl, I'm gonna DJ at the end of the WORRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD"

is not Shakespearean???? :huh:

It's only topped by "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" as far as I'm concerned. That's some truly genius shit right there.

Seriously though, I like Stipe getting political again, but I don't like that the lyrics of every track read like an especially unwieldy FYM rant.

Is it 2009 in Futureland yet? :lol:

Only a few hours to go in the furthest ahead timezones.

In Queensland, we have 6 hours and 15 minutes to go until 2009. But I'm running on civilised time (i.e. what it is back in Melbourne), so really only 5 hours 15 for me.

It's only topped by "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" as far as I'm concerned. That's some truly genius shit right there.

Seriously though, I like Stipe getting political again, but I don't like that the lyrics of every track read like an especially unwieldy FYM rant.
I'm a fan of "humiliation of your teenage station" myself. :D

Who cares, Buck is one angry fucker on this album. I like it when he gets angry.... :drool:

I just had major deja voo reading this thread. Some of the stuff between Ashley and Lemel. I felt like I'd read it all before and I knew what was going to be said next. Fucking weird.

Only a few hours to go in the furthest ahead timezones.

In Queensland, we have 6 hours and 15 minutes to go until 2009. But I'm running on civilised time (i.e. what it is back in Melbourne), so really only 5 hours 15 for me.
So what's people's plans for this last hurrah of 08?

Me, I'm still hungover from my friend's New Year's Eve Eve Party. Cheap Australian bubbly for the lose :(

Me, I'm still hungover from my friend's New Year's Eve Eve Party. Cheap Australian bubbly for the lose :(

Similar to Christmas actually - we're going out on my aunt and uncle's boat. We'll just cruise around the canals watching the 9pm fireworks displays and drink plenty of wine - picked up some quality Kiwi pinot noir and pinot gris earlier today. Then Mum needs to be home early, so I may be home by midnight and ring in the new year on the Superthread. :laugh:

The NYE Eve party was going swimmingly, drinking sav blanc, till we toasted in New Year's Eve at midnight. We had sparklers and poppers and everything. And bubbly. Then it went pear shaped. That's when the karaoke with the INXS Greatest Hits started :shifty:

I'm staying home tonight. :|

I love it when products are invented for animals, then found to be so good that they're marketed to people too.

Today I bought a tube of Udderly Smooth moisturizing cream. Originally designed for dry, chapped skin on cow's udders.

Another example is Mane & Tail shampoo, originally designed for horses.

Haha, I just got disconnected too, but by a power cut at my mother's. She's now gone to an appointment, so I'm back with electricity at my Nan's.

Anything called Fools has at least SOMETHING going for it, fools.

I gave up on the battery powered nonsense and waited til britt brought the charger back. We're good to go now.

:)

But, I'm guessing, not The Corpse Of Rebirth by A Forest Of Stars?

Probably not :p
I just had major deja voo reading this thread. Some of the stuff between Ashley and Lemel. I felt like I'd read it all before and I knew what was going to be said next. Fucking weird.

Probably cause Mel and I have had this conversation like a million times

So far looks like I'm just going to the movies with mom and Ben. I had hoped so very much that Caitlin and I were going to hang out :sigh:

I love it when products are invented for animals, then found to be so good that they're marketed to people too.

Today I bought a tube of Udderly Smooth moisturizing cream. Originally designed for dry, chapped skin on cow's udders.

Is that the kind that comes in the cow print tub? Mom used to buy that stuff all the time :lol:

so I just started Visiter over. It was necessary. I absolutely love that first track :love:

I'm a beauty products freak, you can't move in my bathroom for jars and bottles and tubes, but I don't think I could go for a product called "Udderly Smooth"!!! I don't think I could get past the idea that my skin is the equivalent to that on a cow udder :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom