June 6 & 7, 2010 - Angel Stadium of Anaheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good to know about the possible second shows... I lucked into tickets for Jersey in September when they switched dates a few weeks before the show because of a conflict. And I keep thinking that because Anaheim's stadium is so much smaller they'll be tougher to get on public sale. I think I'm going to go for Anaheim first and see what I end up with. Just not sure if I can deal with the craziness on the floor.

Well U2 crowns typically are not roudy.
Might be some pushing if you try to get within few feet of the stage,
But plenty of space hanging out near the sound mixing board..with great view and sound.

That's good to know about the possible second shows... I lucked into tickets for Jersey in September when they switched dates a few weeks before the show because of a conflict. And I keep thinking that because Anaheim's stadium is so much smaller they'll be tougher to get on public sale. I think I'm going to go for Anaheim first and see what I end up with. Just not sure if I can deal with the craziness on the floor.

I love being at the back of GA. It's easy to hit the bathroom or get a drink if you want. There's no spending all day in line if you don't want. If someone near you is annoying, you can move. GA are really the ultimate tickets--Up close to see the guys' sweaty pores if you want, or at the back to take it ALL in if you want.

Mark

I love being at the back of GA. It's easy to hit the bathroom or get a drink if you want. There's no spending all day in line if you don't want. If someone near you is annoying, you can move. GA are really the ultimate tickets--Up close to see the guys' sweaty pores if you want, or at the back to take it ALL in if you want.

Mark

I'm with you, pal.
With GA's you have the freedom of choice...and at a considerably low cost.
I think hanging out near the soundboard is one of the best-kept secrets of the tour.

Congrats to those getting tickets today! Hope you all actually make it to the show. Yes, I'm looking at your Rich :wink:

im-watching-you.jpg

Well U2 crowns typically are not roudy.
Might be some pushing if you try to get within few feet of the stage,
But plenty of space hanging out near the sound mixing board..with great view and sound.

So, I went on right at 3p ET and did try for the GA but had no luck. Then when I went for best available in the $95 all that was left was towards the back of the stage high up. Decided to bag it and went with Jersey instead. Ended up with pretty much what was available when you looked just a level higher... 220a, Row 10.

I'll give it another try when Anaheim goes on general sale & hope they add an extra show.

I'm glad today's presales are done. Very stressful anticipation last night and today.
Now to wait for 2nd show announcements. Fingers crossed.

One thing that excites me about this date, is that if it stands were it is...this will be the first show of the new leg and we will experience all new sets of older songs in the setlist. I can only hope I get to hear Lady With The Spinning Head, and other rareties.

So, I went on right at 3p ET and did try for the GA but had no luck. Then when I went for best available in the $95 all that was left was towards the back of the stage high up. Decided to bag it and went with Jersey instead. Ended up with pretty much what was available when you looked just a level higher... 220a, Row 10.

I'll give it another try when Anaheim goes on general sale & hope they add an extra show.

What?? so theres no more GA for Anaheim... ???? I dont get it, I have to wait till monday for public sale and this post just freaked me out
icon30.gif

Can somebody please tell me theres still more GA's for publc sale...
please please pleaseeeeee!!!!
icon23.gif

One thing that excites me about this date, is that if it stands were it is...this will be the first show of the new leg and we will experience all new sets of older songs in the setlist. I can only hope I get to hear Lady With The Spinning Head, and other rareties.

Who are you kidding? Come on now!

Just hoping the setlist does change with more variety & other songs. This year's setlist was not the best grouping of songs :shrug: :reject: If they don't want to play their back catalog, they could try to put together a medley of several songs. That would be cool :)

With NY being a huge market for U2, and having multiple shows in the past, I think a 2nd NY show is a shoe in.

Regarding Anahein, the Rose Bowl had over 96,000 capacity and sold out.
Angels Stadium has about only 45,000 capacity. If it sells out within the hour of the public sale, then I think a 2nd Anaheim show is in the mix. Considering there is currently a 6 day gap between Anaheim and next location, I think it is a high probability.

Would love to hear Out of Control played again!

What?? so theres no more GA for Anaheim... ???? I dont get it, I have to wait till monday for public sale and this post just freaked me out
icon30.gif

icon23.gif

The limited GA tickets for the presales may be gone, but there will still be some released for the public sale....but they will likely be gone in minutes.

icon30.gif

icon23.gif

There'll be some GAs in Monday's sale, but act fast. Anaheim is going to sell out quickly.

EDIT: ^YEAH, what Perdue said.

icon30.gif

icon23.gif

I know that a lot of people here (including myself) were able to get GAs in the public sale for Oakland without a problem - but yeah, you need to be on it the minute they go on sale.

I'm with you, pal.
With GA's you have the freedom of choice...and at a considerably low cost.
I think hanging out near the soundboard is one of the best-kept secrets of the tour.
That's why I love them. I've camped out to get rail, I've shown up at 3 or 4 and still gotten rail, and I've strolled in before showtime and danced around back at the soundboard. I don't think I'll ever do seats again.

:wave: :D

Ticket Fairy maybe, but we need a magic Canadian show fairy. :wink:
I'll work on that for ya, eh?

ohh ok.. heartbeat on normal state now.. I was really scared about the GA been gone..
Monday will be a very stressfull day, trying to get those GA tix, I will have to start concentrating on sunday night
icon11.gif
and practice my tickemaster buying skills before hand...
tXs everyone for your responses and hopefully will see u at anaheim on june 6:wave:

Peace

There'll be some GAs in Monday's sale, but act fast. Anaheim is going to sell out quickly.

EDIT: ^YEAH, what Perdue said.

ohh ok.. heartbeat on normal state now.. I was really scared about the GA been gone..
Monday will be a very stressfull day, trying to get those GA tix, I will have to start concentrating on sunday night
icon11.gif
and practice my tickemaster buying skills before hand...
tXs everyone for your responses and hopefully will see u at anaheim on june 6:wave:

Peace
sorry for the double posting
uhoh.gif

ok, I have 2 questions.
I took my 7 year old daughter to the Oklahoma concert and she loved it. :applaud: But we had seats. I have done GA many times, always been in the pit or near the rail and I don't think either of those would be good for her as far as comfort or being able to see.

My question is do you think she would have a good experience at the back of GA near the soundboard as you are pointing out?? If we are far enough back that should negate the height issue right?

Second question is what is the historical pattern for 2nd nights? Will they announce it right after the 1st gets close to selling out and roll immediately into selling it? Or will they announce it and have a new presale for that one too?

Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom