June 30th, 2010 East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be one of the slower selling concerts on the North American leg of the tour next year. The stadium seats 72,000.

30758s.gif

Yeah, and school is out for the summer. NO BEER SALES either. They will draw from Ohio & Pennsylvania and some from Chicago even though Chicago is following week. They should of opted for Comerica Park (43,000 seat venue)

Yeah, and school is out for the summer. NO BEER SALES either. They will draw from Ohio & Pennsylvania and some from Chicago even though Chicago is following week. They should of opted for Comerica Park (43,000 seat venue)

Seriously they won't sell beer? (i'm not 21) But doesn't that like draw a lot of people away from the shows...?

Comerica Park sucks! East Lansing is a much nicer area and allows people from all over poor Michigan to see U2 (and this concession is coming from a lifetime Metro Detroiter!)

When I saw them in Raleigh, there was no alcohol, and I actually enjoyed it more because nobody was spilling beer and there was almost no people traffic as we all waited for the concert.

Every Spartan got this email, and I want to share it with Interference:

Special U2 presale for Spartans

On Wednesday, June 30, 2010, U2 will bring their spectacular U2 360° tour to Spartan Stadium for one night only!

As a special member of the Spartan community, we’d like to invite you to participate in a special presale for tickets to this widely anticipated event. The presale, offered through Ticketmaster, will begin 7 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 18 and end at noon, Friday, Nov. 20.

To order tickets visit the Web site Ticketmaster - Promotions and use the special presale password WHITE to purchase up to 4 tickets before they go on sale to the general public Nov. 23.

Note that this presale is for select seating areas only. Limited general admission/floor tickets will only be available during the public sale beginning 10 a.m., Monday, Nov. 23. These tickets can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations, Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site, or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.

MSU’s Breslin Center box office will also sell tickets for the concert, but for one day only Monday, Nov. 23 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. These will be walk-up sales only. No electronic sales will be available through the Breslin box office.

After Nov. 23, there will be no way to purchase tickets through any MSU venue or ticket office.

Please do not respond to this email as it goes to an unmonitored account. For technical support, problems ordering and related questions contact Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or by visiting: Ticketmaster - Help.

U2 360° is presented by Live Nation Global Touring. For complete ticket information, visit: U2.com > Welcome.

For the latest information on U2 360° at Spartan Stadium visit: Home | U2 at Spartan Stadium | MSU News Special Report | Michigan State University.

:wave: Got my GA's yesterday...

Now time to plan a road trip.

Also I'm seriously considering doing the GA line with Mr. PartyGirl43 and our 8 y/o son. He went to the Raleigh show with us, where we sat behind the stage, but he seems pretty interested in being on the floor. I explained to him all that entails and he's like 'lets do it'. Glad I raised a hardcore fan :lol: But that being said, I'm not sure yet. I might end up trading the GA's for seats...we'll see....

Hope to meet up with some fellow Blue Crack Heads....:love:

Grrrr. Wanted to get 4 cheap seats but the only thing coming up is directly behind the stage. I was hoping the upper deck on the sides would be available. Maybe the only $30 seats available *are* behind the stage? Anyone know?

EDIT:
Ok answered my own question, on the R side of the ticketmaster page for ticket prices it lists:
Lower Bowl Level
US $30.00 - US $250.00

Upper Deck Level
US $30.00 - US $55.00

Main Floor General Admission
US $55.00
---------------

But right now, during the presales, the only $30 seats coming up are behind the stage. I went ahead and got 4 in Section 15.

Last edited:
:wave: Got my GA's yesterday...

Now time to plan a road trip.

Also I'm seriously considering doing the GA line with Mr. PartyGirl43 and our 8 y/o son. He went to the Raleigh show with us, where we sat behind the stage, but he seems pretty interested in being on the floor. I explained to him all that entails and he's like 'lets do it'. Glad I raised a hardcore fan :lol: But that being said, I'm not sure yet. I might end up trading the GA's for seats...we'll see....

Hope to meet up with some fellow Blue Crack Heads....:love:

Congrats on getting your ga's! :up: We are so looking forward to this show. :hyper: or at least I should say I am hubby well he is still on the fence.

Road trips are so much fun. How awesome that your son will be going with you. I am sure he will have such a great time... Will be taking my daughter to the Philly show and picked up ga's for that. That will be her first concert and both of our first time doing ga.

I saw them in Vegas and we were behind the stage, row 16 and the seats were excellent, very close and really with the stage you can see everything. I just got tickets for my sister for the East Lansing Show; I wanted to get her next to the stage on The Edge's side but closest I could get for $95 was section 6 lower box. I live out in CA so will see them again when they are in Oakland.

Enjoy!

Just purchased 2 for row 15 behind the stage, $30. At $55 there are upper deck seats available to the side of the stage. Couldn't find anything closer/in front of stage in that price range.

Got 4 GAs: Are there really seats?

Bought 4 GAs and was wondering if there are really going to be seats on the main floor at Spartan Stadium? The last 2 tours had standing room only on the main floor which meant if you got in line early, you could get really close to the stage. Anyone know for sure?

No seats on the floor!

It's standing only. The earlier you get there, the closer to the stage you'll be.

So the row number and seat locations don't mean a thing? What's the earliest you can get in line then? Thanks for your help Cleazer.

They don't sell beer?

I am wondering if this show will sell out. Then considering Chicago, Toronto, Minneapolis all relatively close...

Cassella said MSU has already begun its logistical planning for handling the crowds associated with the show, whose set-up is one of the largest and most elaborate in rock history. Among the details:

There will be no implementation of rules that allow on-campus tailgating on Spartan football Saturdays, nor will alcohol be sold at Spartan Stadium, Cassella said.

So the row number and seat locations don't mean a thing? What's the earliest you can get in line then? Thanks for your help Cleazer.
Different stadiums have allowed lines to form at different times. Some people may try to show up the night before. If you show up between noon and 3 on the afternoon of the show, you should get a good spot, either in the inner circle or right on the outside rail.

Because this is U2 at MY SCHOOL! and I'll never see them here again, I'm certainly camping out as early as I can (and screw any rules...I know this campus better than I know my backyard)

but when I saw U2 in Raleigh, my brother and I arrived at 11:30AM (291 and 292 in the semi-organized fan-numbering system) and we were right behind the people who were right behind the people who were right at the rail right in front of Bono (aka pretty close!) so I expect the MSU stuff to be pretty similar. You're gonna love it!

I've seen several sites advertising July 8th at Ford Field. Does anyone know if this is actually on? If so I'd rather hold out for that since it's more convenient for me.

I've seen several sites advertising July 8th at Ford Field. Does anyone know if this is actually on? If so I'd rather hold out for that since it's more convenient for me.
July 8 at Ford Field is definitely not going to happen. That was just a rumor floating around from back before any of the 2010 North American dates were announced.

June 30th at East Lansing will be U2's only stop in Michigan.

That's a bummer, but thanks for letting me know. I'll have to get a ticket tomorrow morning then! And then figure out the best way to get there and back from Troy as I've never been anywhere near East Lansing before.

Half an hour away...:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I really need this concert. I love MSU and I love MSU football, but Saturday's game was the perfect representation of just how erratic and randomly crappy our team can play. We got creamed by Penn State and I want this concert, not that 35-7 loss, to be my final Spartan Stadium experience.

This thread is so dead compared to the others! What does that mean?

Half an hour away...:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I really need this concert. I love MSU and I love MSU football, but Saturday's game was the perfect representation of just how erratic and randomly crappy our team can play. We got creamed by Penn State and I want this concert, not that 35-7 loss to be my final Spartan Stadium experience.

This thread is so dead compared to the others! What does that mean?

Good Luck with getting tickets!!!
Not sure what it means with this thread being so quiet. Trying not to worry about it though. I am sure the show will be amazing! :D

DAMNIT!!!!!!

I didn't get the GA ticket... god damnit. I was at the page waiting page 9 seconds after 9am. :(

Same here! No GA 5 seconds after it went online! How can that be right? They must be withholding hundreds of them for future release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom