June 17 & 18 2011 - Anaheim Part VIII - We Heart Cory Marshall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be arriving on the 16th of June, probably around 9pm, or shortly thereafter, maybe 9:05. :wink:

Actually that's not true - we're planning to leave the second we wake up that morning so we'll be there in plenty of time for a dinner/drinks gathering the night of the 15th.

Do you guys think the line will start earlier for the 16th show or the 17th? Will there be ppl who don't go to the 16th show and who line up outside before the 1st concert is over? I'm only going to camp out / get up crazy early in the morning for one show - just wondering which one I should plan on. :hmm: Any thoughts?

I think people will start to line up the morning (around 6-7 AM) of the 17th. I don't see why should be a difference from the Rose Bowl concert in 2009.
Also, there's the fact that is Friday and some people won't be able to get rid of work/school or such activities that easily... but a true fan of course is going to call sick to work hehe.

I'll be by the "not a true fan" soundboard zone for the Friday show :wink:

That's where I plan to be on Saturday :D

Soundboard is awesome! You can actually see the claw.

I might end up there Saturday, depending on how I feel after Friday's show. I really want to try for a rail on Friday.

I think people will start to line up the morning (around 6-7 AM) of the 17th. I don't see why should be a difference from the Rose Bowl concert in 2009.
Also, there's the fact that is Friday and some people won't be able to get rid of work/school or such activities that easily... but a true fan of course is going to call sick to work hehe.

Um, were you not at the Rose Bowl concert? People started lining up at 2am.

Um, were you not at the Rose Bowl concert? People started lining up at 2am.

Yeah, i was there. what i was trying to say is that I doubt people will arrive the night before, since it didn't happen even at the rose bowl with all the euphoria because of the you tube thing and recording the concert. But anything can happens.

you plan to line up early for the June 17th show?

Cya!

Its the start of the summer season for all travelers and tourists; plus the airlines have boosted their rates because of the cost of fuel...LAX's the cheapest but when you subtract that $50 cab fare to Anaheim, those other $400 fees aren't looking too bad...check Southwest, no baggage fees..
SNA - Orange County
ONT - Ontario, CA
LGB - Long Beach

I just ran some random prices, LAX, Ontario, SNA is the cheapest to most expensive by a mere few bucks...

Its the start of the summer season for all travelers and tourists;

I was thinking that too. Everyone must be going to Disneyland/SoCal in mid June. I remember last year's PHL-SNA fare was around $250. But that was early June, wasn't it? Now it's $400+ because school is out by then.

Yes, I am looking at airfare to see if I could still go to Anaheim... :reject:
If anyone has an extra GA for 2nd night, I may be persuaded to come... :D
I sold my ticket for extra $ earlier last year.

Thanks everyone! I'll keep looking.
In Nov. '09, I got the RT flight from Providence to John Wayne airport i believe, and it was $280 .
Now, all the flights are about $400. I have time though, and will still keep checking them.

Thanks everyone! I'll keep looking.
In Nov. '09, I got the RT flight from Providence to John Wayne airport i believe, and it was $280 .
Now, all the flights are about $400. I have time though, and will still keep checking them.

Hey Dak! I've been kind of good at finding fares in the past (pats himself on the back). Try Hotwire. I'm not sure of your exact dates, etc. but I just plugged in some dates on Hotwire and came back with these:

PVD to SNA: $376
PVD to ONT or LAX: $390

Now if you can fly out of Logan I came up with $289 for BOS to SNA or $348 for BOS to ONT

Hope this helps. :)

*btw, the dates I put in were departing June 15th & returning June 20th

Hey Dak! I've been kind of good at finding fares in the past (pats himself on the back). Try Hotwire. I'm not sure of your exact dates, etc. but I just plugged in some dates on Hotwire and came back with these:

PVD to SNA: $376
PVD to ONT or LAX: $390

Now if you can fly out of Logan I came up with $289 for BOS to SNA or $348 for BOS to ONT

Hope this helps. :)

*btw, the dates I put in were departing June 15th & returning June 20th
you're hired as my travel agent, :D

That's about what I found-I'd be looking at 6/15-6/19, so maybe being a sunday changed the return trip price. I check out of boston too.
I signed up for alerts through Airfare Deals - Cheap Flights - Airfarewatchdog which only sends fares 'cheap' enough, for my cities
$289 out of boston would work-I'll check it out, thanks,

you're hired as my travel agent, :D

That's about what I found-I'd be looking at 6/15-6/19, so maybe being a sunday changed the return trip price. I check out of boston too.
I signed up for alerts through Airfare Deals - Cheap Flights - Airfarewatchdog which only sends fares 'cheap' enough, for my cities
$289 out of boston would work-I'll check it out, thanks,

Yes, Sunday will bump the rate. I came up with $324 BOS to SNA returning Sunday, but even that is a red-eye Sunday night.

In the worst of the cases, check the fares to San Diego. I can give you a ride up to Anaheim and back to SAN, since I'll be driving from San Diego to Anaheim to the concerts (45 min driving). I know it sounds kinda extreme but hey, it's an option.
Cya!

If anyone has an extra GA for 2nd night, I may be persuaded to come... :D
I sold my ticket for extra $ earlier last year.
I may have a lead on GA ticket for Anaheim2 but I won't know for a couple of months

does anyone know of a lead for an Anaheim 1 GA ticket for a friend of mine in Australia????

Do you guys think the line will start earlier for the 16th show or the 17th? Will there be ppl who don't go to the 16th show and who line up outside before the 1st concert is over? I'm only going to camp out / get up crazy early in the morning for one show - just wondering which one I should plan on. :hmm: Any thoughts?

I thought the line had been established:angry:

I've become friends with someone in the apartment building that just opened across from the giant helmets. I will be watching :shifty: and texting :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom