June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is going to be a 2nd show in Oakland, when do you think tickets would go on sale for it?

I agree Sicy. I'm guessing it would only be added if June 16 sells out. Were any shows on Leg 2 in North America added after the initial announcement of dates? It just seems to me that there are a lot more open dates between shows next summer in North America than there were this year.

Would it only be added if this date sells out?

My hunch is yes -- they'll only do a second show if the first show sells out. By way of historical comparison, in '97, if memory serves, they played 2 shows at the same stadium in Oakland on the PopMart tour, and they added the second show only after the first one sold out. If I remember right, the second show was very well-attended (stadium looked full) but it wasn't a complete sell-out.

It would suprise me if a second date was added in Oakland as the Stones and The Police were only one show's recently.

The economy and size of the stadium is another big factor in the bay area.

Plus they don't paper stadiums anymore like they use too either ....

It would suprise me if a second date was added in Oakland as the Stones and The Police were only one show's recently.

The economy and size of the stadium is another big factor in the bay area.

Plus they don't paper stadiums anymore like they use too either ....

Agreed - the Bay Area really, really loves U2, and they have a great fan base here, but I'd be surprised if they have a second show.

U2.com is declaring it a sellout already.

Please, pleeeease add a second show.

don't worry! I have it on good authority there will be a second show. And this was before the tickets went on sale for the first.

Remember, I was the one who said the first concert would be in the very middle of June, despite all the June 22 rumors!

I've never done 2 shows back to back. It's too much for me. :reject: : old: But if they added a second show I might consider getting cheapo seats for the second night. I will be completely useless at work that week though. :lol:

I received my Oakland presale ticket today. If feels so good to have a pending ticket again. :drool:

Don't know why this made me laugh. I feel like u2.com was calling a victory in some presidential election or something. :lol:

Bring on the 2nd show!!

this.

By the way, how long has it been web ettiquete to write "this" when you are agreeing with something?

Wow mine haven't even been mailed yet. Maybe because I'm local.

My account said that my ticket was printed, but not mailed and that was on Saturday, but it came today. It comes from Maryland, at least that is what the return address is on the envelope, and I live in New Jersey.

I was kind of surprised when I got an email saying it was on it's way. I don't remember getting the previous US presale tickets so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom