July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will still be in Toronto, however I would like to reserve a room at the Residence Inn in Downtown but there are no rooms available! Come on U2 peeps, cancel so I can take your room! :wink:

oops I just realized I am competing with the Pride people too. I hope I can find a room! :uhoh:

There are now at Marriott.com but jeez, those prices are steep (CAN)...good luck.

There's a hotel connected to the Rogers Centre? Talk about convenient...for GA...next year :yes:

It's the Renaissance - stayed there a couple of years ago on a Priceline bid of $55 and had a room with windows that opened right into the stadium, but nothing was going on there at the time except a school break carnival. Wouldn't be able to touch one of those rooms for U2 (plus I believe they might put a giant drape over the windows for concerts). The hotel is very nice.

I booked a room at the Residence Inn for the (now-postponed) show in July but can't cancel since it was a Priceline bid, so I'm going anyway. :)

Yeah, that was a dumb thought. The hotel next to the stadium in Philly was well over $200 the night of the show. I can only imagine this one.

Edit: I just looked at the website. I could never afford that :lol: Looks really nice, though.

It's the Renaissance - stayed there a couple of years ago on a Priceline bid of $55 and had a room with windows that opened right into the stadium, but nothing was going on there at the time except a school break carnival. Wouldn't be able to touch one of those rooms for U2 (plus I believe they might put a giant drape over the windows for concerts). The hotel is very nice.

I booked a room at the Residence Inn for the (now-postponed) show in July but can't cancel since it was a Priceline bid, so I'm going anyway. :)

:yes: There was a huge curtain that covered all the windows of rooms on that side - I'm not sure they even rented those rooms out, but they still might have...

As well as the Elevation show there'll be stuff going on all over the city, including at Harbourfront (a short walk from the Dome) :) With luck the weather will be nice - but without a smog warning :wink: - so the out of towners can enjoy the city :)

Is this a U2 tribute band, if so where is the venue?

The Hideout is on Queen St West - the easiest way to get there is to take the Queen streetcar westbound and get off at Augusta. Stay on that side of the street and walk another two or three blocks in the same direction - the bar's right on the corner and hard to miss :)

:lol: You may be fighting for a spot with other people, I haven't seen an Elevation show there yet where there weren't at least three or four women around the poles :wink:

Have you seen my pole muscles? :lol: I'll swat them off like flies. :yawn:

:wink:

Attention people coming to the Elevation show on July 3rd!

This is an open invitation to join Julie, Kristen, Kaf and I at Tortilla Flats (458 Queen St W, at the corner of Queen and Augusta) for dinner before the show :) When I get an idea as to numbers I'll make a reservation and provide directions as required... I'm thinking somewhere between 7-8pm right now :) It's a Tex-Mex restaurant but there's non-spicy type options for people who can't do spice (*raises hand*). Their burgers are really good and you can get a three-shot drink for a pretty reasonable price :wink:

Attention people coming to the Elevation show on July 3rd!

This is an open invitation to join Julie, Kristen, Kaf and I at Tortilla Flats (458 Queen St W, at the corner of Queen and Augusta) for dinner before the show :) When I get an idea as to numbers I'll make a reservation and provide directions as required... I'm thinking somewhere between 7-8pm right now :) It's a Tex-Mex restaurant but there's non-spicy type options for people who can't do spice (*raises hand*). Their burgers are really good and you can get a three-shot drink for a pretty reasonable price :wink:

OOOH... count me in! Sounds like a great idea!:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom