July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone attending: Some fans from u2tour.de are planning on equipping every fan with red glow sticks which are to be lighted during Streets. I will see if I can get a 100 pieces pack somewhere in the city. Maybe we can pull that off. :)

For everyone attending: Some fans from u2tour.de are planning on equipping every fan with red glow sticks which are to be lighted during Streets. I will see if I can get a 100 pieces pack somewhere in the city. Maybe we can pull that off. :)

yeah, please do so! :) I like the idea. I think there was a link where you can order it online.

I'm up for that! :hyper: I think the stadium would look absolutely fabulous light up with red glow sticks!! :applaud:

For German fans: There's a cover story with a Bono interview in this month's Alverde magazine (free mag in dm cosmetic markets) :lol:

alverde Magazin

Sadly, it's not available here, we only have active beauty, which is boring.

:sad:

Nice to see Bono and U2 pop up in unexpected places! :up:

If you catch one additional one, it would be very much appreciated :D

I'm on my way to Milan and get back to you afterwards. Can't wait for Berlin.

Will check another store. The one I've been to didn't have any, at least not on display. Maybe over the counter only since the issue is so hot. :D

They are now planning on doing the glue stick thing during Ultraviolet since it would have a greater effect. I hope they don't start reconsidering every five minutes from now on.

In Milan, there were balloons in the Irish national colours and people up in the seats were holding up cards in orange and white to form the U2 360 logo. I couldn't see how well it worked when I was down inside the pitch, but I thought it was a nice idea. Lights for Berlin would be a great idea :up:

And I hope you'll manage to get the magazine.

Btw, in Milan there were different actions: Balloons in the Irish national colors, there were thousands, we all got some. Ultraviolet sticks for Ultraviolet were being passed around, but there weren't so many. And like I said before the thing with the cards to form the U2360° logo in orange and white.

I see u2tour.de is organising red AND ultraviolet lights. :hmm:

Hm, I hope it doesn't turn into a competition where one crowd tries to outdo the other. but in general I think it's great to try to organise something. Only when it becomes kind of a competition or they are dead set about doing something at every single song then I think it's a bit much.

A little info for everyone going to Berlin: There is a underground line (U2 ... how fitting) and a train (S 75) going to the Olympiastadion. However, due to construction work, the S doesn't depart as frequently as it normally does. I recommend leaving early for the show and considering a little more time for the way to the stadium if you chose to go by train. The trains will be packed anyway but possibly even more packed because of that.

Helen, I'll meet you at 8.30 at your hotel on Friday evening, ok?

Vincent, any reservations at the pub?

Helen, I'll meet you at 8.30 at your hotel on Friday evening, ok?

Yep that's fine! My friend Hanna will be join us and also a guy I've met on the U2.com community called Stuart from the UK will be meeting with us at the pub. :wink:

By the way Leif, thanks again for info about the buses. :up: There's just one more piece of info I still need, how much is the fare? I know it'll only be a couple of euros but I want to make sure that I'll have the correct change on me! :D

Oh, reservations. Didn't think of that before, but might be better. I will call them.

With the U2 to U2 is one option, but it's slow. However, it's also true that the damn S-Bahn screwed up and now the trains don't go as regularly. If you leave anywhere more east than Main Station for the stadium I would suggest taking some alternative, like the U2. Right now trains are packed more or less over the limit.

Helen, a day ticket costs €6.40 if I am not mistaken. It's good until 3am the next day. A one-way ticket costs €2.10. Three day tickets and such are around €15. But I think the bus drivers can only sell one-way and day tickets.

:)

Thanks. I thought reservation was a good idea on a Friday night, especially if we want to sit in the garden. 20.30 should be fine,

Yes, u2tour.de informed about the train stuff. Since my hotel is directly at the s-bahn-station Savignyplatz, I will take the train, but I'll better leave earlier. No idea how we'll get back, but there will be a way :D

Helen, a day ticket costs €6.40 if I am not mistaken. It's good until 3am the next day. A one-way ticket costs €2.10. Three day tickets and such are around €15. But I think the bus drivers can only sell one-way and day tickets.

Thanks Leif! The one-way fare @ €2,10 sounds like my best option. That's cheap, it costs €2,90 to travel within the city limits of Kuopio! :ohmy:

Thanks. I thought reservation was a good idea on a Friday night, especially if we want to sit in the garden. 20.30 should be fine,

Yes, u2tour.de informed about the train stuff. Since my hotel is directly at the s-bahn-station Savignyplatz, I will take the train, but I'll better leave earlier. No idea how we'll get back, but there will be a way :D

Don't worry. The trains might not run that often, but they run all night long. And I guess there will be some extra trains.
It's extremely embarrassing what the S-Bahn management did. And now we have to put up with that situation at least until September. I'm glad I'm relatively independent of the lines that run only every 20 minutes.

Thanks Leif! The one-way fare @ €2,10 sounds like my best option. That's cheap, it costs €2,90 to travel within the city limits of Kuopio! :ohmy:

It's cheap, indeed. Berlin is broke, but they pay a lot to subsidize the public transport. Which makes the situation with the S-Bahn even worse.

So how early are you thinking to going? Coz me and Hanna were hoping to have lunch around 11:00 before setting off, or is there a place near the stadium where we could have lunch? :hmm:

No, you should have lunch somewhere in your area. Near the stadium there is not much.

I just ordered 200 red glow sticks. :)

No, you should have lunch somewhere in your area. Near the stadium there is not much.

I just ordered 200 red glow sticks. :)

K then! :wink:

Oh red glow sticks, I'll take 4! 2 for me and 2 for Hanna! :D

Have you seen any reliable weather reports about Saturday yet? It's gonna be warm but raining when I leave from Kuopio on Friday afternoon and sunny when I leave Helsinki! :hmm:

This week should be hot. Don't know about the weekend. There is no reliable weather reports. It can rain in one part of the city while the sun shines in another part. But any predictions five days in advance are perfectly unreliable.

My prediction is it will be decent. ;)

I think it will be hot.

Thanks, Leif. :D

How will the glow sticks be handled? Just distributed to GA people?

Yes, having lunch and then going to the stadium is a good idea. Let's talk about this when we meet on Friday, ok?

I think it will be hot.
Yes, having lunch and then going to the stadium is a good idea. Let's talk about this when we meet on Friday, ok?

K, fine! :wink:

My bags are all but pakced minus a couple of toiletires! I'll have to leave home for Kuopio airport soon after 12:00 on Friday.

Will any shops be open on the Sunday? Coz they opened the shops in Copenhagen the Sunday of the show back in 2005. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom