July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:

Tell me which hotel you've booked, maybe I know it and we can meet up somewhere in between our hotels.

Well, I'm hoping to book into the hotel you recogmended, but like I said, I'm waiting to see what Hanna will be doing coz she doesn't yet know how many days off work she can take, but I told her that she needs to tell me soon, preferably by this weekend, to ensure we get a decent reasonably priced hotel room. :yes:

Oh and good news, just checked my bank account and the exact amount of the price of the tickets has been charged to my credit card, so that's definite conformation that the purchase was suggestful, if there were any lingering doubts! :wink:

:up:

Very good, Helen!

Eventim should dispatch the tickets soon.

Don't worry, I'm still waiting for my Milan tickets. They have been paid for but not shipped yet, yes that's the Italy I know :lol:

Good luck with the hotel! I will try to get a room next week, should be early enough. I want all the ticket stuff to be over first.

I've got a Berlin room booked at the wonderfully named Three Little Pigs Hostel on Stresemanstraße 66. I've no idea where that is though!

Does this mean the tickets are on sale now as part of the ticket alert thing through ticketmaster?

I'm confused as this is before the general sale??? HELP!!

:|

^ Yes, it's a pre-reservation, but it's a regular order. I've just booked a ticket for Gelsenkirchen. Watch the site, GA tickets are released in small batches. It's quite easy to get them.

Does anyone know when side of the stadium the stage will be on?? If you look at the plan on the tour page here it shows the stage on the left as you look at it but it is hard to tell if this is the same layout as the stadium plan on the ticket web site...

In other words will the stage be on the left or right do we think when your look at this

Olympiastadion Berlin

Tickets!!!! I'Ve got tickets!!!! WooOoooT!! GA!

I'm sooo happy. :)
80€ though, 70€ for the ticket, 9.90€ for the shipping. But nevermind, it's fucking awesome GA tickets. :hyper::dance:

15€. What a rip off. Well, 10 was much as well. It's normal shipping, no express.
I would love to go to the other sure but I don't think I could commit to that. It's during the week. :(

The Italian site where I bought the Milan tickets charged me 19 euros for shipment. :|

Aw, crap you can't go and see more shows, but I'm sure Berlin will be fantastic.

The Italian site where I bought the Milan tickets charged me 19 euros for shipment. :|

Aw, crap you can't go and see more shows, but I'm sure Berlin will be fantastic.

I could try and get to some shows on the weekends. Except for that I'm not sure. I would have to ask since I'm doing my internship. If it was just uni I would skip it, but well, it's not.

FUCK!! I missed it. How do they describe GA? The English site doesn't even list the U2 show!

Tickets!!!! I'Ve got tickets!!!! WooOoooT!! GA!

I'm sooo happy. :)
80€ though, 70€ for the ticket, 9.90€ for the shipping. But nevermind, it's fucking awesome GA tickets. :hyper::dance:

Hey that's great! :applaud: It's gonna be wonderful to meet all of you in Berlin and enjoy U2 surrounded by true blue (no pun intended :sexywink: ) U2 fans, absolutely fabulous!! :yippie:

Yeah, Anna, sad to hear. So you should have reserved a Berlin ticket yesterday after all. Or I could have reserved you one. Hope you'll get a ticket somehow.

Do we know for certain that the stage will be on the "left side" of the stadium and not centered? I ended up with seats on the right side. Hope the view is decent for the $$$.

Finally I have a seatticket now. There are only very few cheap seats to get. Most of them are in section 30-40... on the right side! Finally I found one in section 16, this on the left. I think that's better than nothing and my travel costs are already very high! :shrug:

:crack:

Oh, I hoped you could get a hold of a GA ticket somehow. Are you trying to get a 29€ ticket with the Bahn?

I don't have to be at work all the time. :shifty:

^No looks like there will be no GA tix anymore. And the seats are all kinda bad seats for a high price, and this one was ok. I dunno...
Yeah, exactly! I need that train ticket! :up:

I got €40 tickets to both Berlin and Gelsenkirchen just now. Had to keep refreshing the pages cos they periodically say the cheapie seats aren't available.

The €34 admin fee is the same for one ticket or two! What's the minimum hourly wage in Germany? That must be about five hours of admin for my two tickets :)

We don't have an official minimum wage. The worst paid jobs are €3.50 an hour, most student jobs are around €5 and €8, and everything else about €1o.

What seating categories are these cheap tickets in?

Unofficially I'm sure they're in the crap seats category. Officially they're in these.

Berlin:

Seat category: Sitzplatz

Block 38.2

Gelsenkirchen:

Erdgas Tribüne

Can you translate? Does it mean "tight bastard seats"? :)

Unofficially I'm sure they're in the crap seats category. Officially they're in these.

Berlin:

Block 38.2

Gelsenkirchen:

Erdgas Tribüne

Can you translate? Does it mean "tight bastard seats"? :)

do you have a seat plan?

edit: oh ok, I just saw you already bought those...

Yes, pretty much. At least in Berlin. As you can see here: http://www.olympiastadion-berlin.de/uploads/pics/Bloecke_72dpi_01.jpg block 38.2 is in the far Eastern corner. So if the stage is located more to the West you are pretty far away. Worse in Berlin even, since being an Olympic stadium you have quite some space in between the field and the blocks.

The Erdgas Tribüne (natural gas gallery) belongs to Gazprom. Pretty much tight bastard. ;) Pretty much the same as in Berlin location wise.
You might want to bring binoculars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom