July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided this is the show I am going to finally splurge and get a pair of musician earplugs made. I've been using the foams but everything sounds too muffled with them.

just called to confirm my order... success.

The guy said the tickets to the US should be mailed out in about three weeks.

Just got my final confirmation email...no worries people. Things just move a bit slower in montreal.

Can't believe i got 6 GA's on the geg presale! if i had known i would not have suscribed to u2.com... Although i do plan to buy 4 more tomorrow morning in the boots group

Wonder if i'll be able to find 3 other people to tag along with me? and if not, think i'd be able to resell the tickets?

ha, note sarcasm.

Just got my confirmation email. Officially excited. First time going to Montreal. And officially now the furthest I have traveled for a show. Hopefully I'll have no problem getting the time off of work :hyper:

It will be my 15th U2 show.. 16th in NJ.. Always been seats haha.. If I get there at noon, think I'd be okay?

SMB

Go earlier. I would say 6 AM if you want to get a good spot, and even then there will probably be about 500 or 600 people already in line. I wouldn't go later than 8 AM to ensure a good spot, but it's a great experience to meet people in line.

first time to montreal? make time for boustan on crescent street before and after the show (and also bring some food to the show).

I am just hoping that if I can't get there till later, I will still be able to see. What is the situation with the bathrooms and food and stuff? Can you leave and come back? Can I bring a laptop and do stuff on the computer and then bring it back to the car? Can we have backpacks? ha. Thanks for the info

SMB

ok is there a planned g2g?

is there a central downtown hotel to book?

i've got a room with 2 beds booked at Ruby Foo's right next to the venue but it is a 20 minute metro ride away from downtown

ok is there a planned g2g?

is there a central downtown hotel to book?

i've got a room with 2 beds booked at Ruby Foo's right next to the venue but it is a 20 minute metro ride away from downtown

For now, I booked the Embassy Suites in downtown(?), it's between two Orange Metro stops. My wife is Hilton Silver special person, so we usually stick to their brands.

I am just hoping that if I can't get there till later, I will still be able to see. What is the situation with the bathrooms and food and stuff? Can you leave and come back? Can I bring a laptop and do stuff on the computer and then bring it back to the car? Can we have backpacks? ha. Thanks for the info

SMB

Montreal is a very high-demand show, so I would imagine that there will be hundreds of people camping out the night or two before and people arriving very early the day of the show. So the sooner you can arrive, the better your chances of getting a good spot. Having said that, the inner circle fits a lot of people, so if that's your goal then you might be able to get in there if you arrive at 10:00. Just don't expect a spot on the rail. For Dublin 3, though, a guy next to me got in line at 2:00 PM and I was there at 6:00 AM. We were near the back rail of the inner circle. So take this FWIW.

Most GA lines have a numbering system, where a U2 fan will give people numbers to ensure your spot in line. You'll get a number on your hand and you'll be asked to fill out your name on a sheet of paper in case there are any arguments. Once you get your spot in line, try to stay there. If you need to go to the bathroom, back to your car to drop something off or get something, or return to your hotel room, people will let you go. Just let them know. Also, don't go away for a long time. Try to keep your absences limited to 30 to 60 minutes. In addition, it's very important to get to know the people around you so that they can hold your spot in line.

Don't bring your laptop with you. You won't need it. And whatever you do, don't leave it in your car. You never know if someone will break in. Pack light actually and consume water and other beverages slowly in line, so that you're not always rushing to the washroom. Bring some sunglasses, suntan lotion if you need it, wear light clothing, wear shorts with lots of pockets, and pack some small snacks and water. Try to avoid bringing in a large backpack. Get a small travel bag that can carry a camera, a bottle of water, and small snacks (e.g., granola bars, hard candy).

Depending on the venue, they generally allow you to bring in some food and water. However in Dublin, we weren't allowed to bring in anything except water.

When you get inside the stadium, go to the bathroom right away and buy an extra bottle of water just in case. Then go to your spot. Try not to leave that spot for the rest of the show, or you could lose it. Now if you're with a group of people, you might be able to get back in. Be courteous if you do leave to go to the washroom or to get water.

there is no camera or laptop or backpack policy posted anywhere.....

U2 shows tend to have the same rule. You're allowed to bring in a camera as long as it's not a professional lens. No high-end recording equipment. You can bring in a backpack, but I would advise against it, especially for GA since there will be very little room unless you're at the very back. Not sure about laptops, but not sure why you would want to bring a laptop into the stadium, especially in GA.

Sweet! Two tix, me and the wife. We did GA in NC, decided we wanted to see more of the city instead of waiting in line for GA in Montreal, so got tix in 108 (wanted behind the stage, but c'est la vie!) Should be a rocking show, with a healthy dose of after-parties going on. See you all there! :hyper:

Apparently the presale email was sent at 12:11 am, and tickets went on sale at 7pst. I've been absent from intereference so I had no idea.
U2.com- FAIL

Got 6 RZ1 tickets with my Horizon pre-sale code (along with 2 unused tix from the 1st pre-sale code sent to me earlier this year)!!! Gonna be a great show for sure!!!
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom