July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching, 92 degrees but it will feel like 98. I am rethinking about standing in line all day, it will be hot inside too, especially in the pit

Hi, I flew to Toronto from the US for the show tomorrow. I was wondering if any women would be willing to let me stay the night at their place? I want to get there tomorrow at 4 am but I don't want to wake up my friend who is staying with me. I'm going to the show and she's not so I would be so grateful if someone could let me crash at their place for the night and we can wake up together and get to the venue early. Please shoot me an email at avajoseph@earthlink.net. Thank you! Ava

MondayMainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness near noon with 60 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Wind west 20 km/h becoming north 20 late in the afternoon. High 33.:doh:

fu cking weather, hope it's a toronto thundershower then....the typical downpour for 10minutes, be done with it at 4pm. there is a bit of rain now in Barrie, so hopefully it kills some of the humidity we'll have in store over the next 48 hours.

i was not the one who wore the devil horns, i wouldn't dare be that crazy. i just wore normal clothes

the toronto star has a bit of a turd of a write up in today's paper. the writer tells of a too distant sound in today's U2 stage production (dissing Joe I guess), too lavish of a production and need for them to step back to the old days of when they did arena tour (he must have had a mental lapse from the past two tours). and he wants the boys to have a bit more humour (what, circus banter not funny enought from MTL2)?

the journalist should stick to shows at the horseshoe tavern or at second city then....

well looks like the weather is changing yet again, it may just be a passing shower for a bit and then it will be sun up again. i wonder if the dome will be opened

if it rains today it will cool down and we wont have precipitation tommorow, so i suggest we all do our rain dance for today. sorry all you guys in the line sleeping out but trust me you want the dome open it sounds much better

update for toronto
the line nazi's have arrive. lol
the speakers and the spire are going up as we speak and i have pics of that.
and the headcount for lineup begins at 4am monday morning so get a number today but please be present tomorrow morning at 4am for verification and line up.
Shout out to Dayna, Miroslava, Kevin, Brett and all you guys, have a safe night, drink a lot of water it is bloody humid today

Hi guys,

Just returned from the Stadium - 2 women wanting to film a documentary on the whole GA experience formed the queue yesterday at noon (!!). By noon today, there are over 100 people on the list.
We have been given strict instructions from the Rogers Centre's security (who received it from the promoters and they are strictly enforcing this as the area is swarmed with security) that we are not allowed to camp out. You can find 2 people at Gate 15, near the Renaissance Hotel, who are taking names down and providing numbers. They will let you know what time to return tomorrow.

Smiley - looks like we wrote at the same time!I may have met you - I was the blonde with the Habs cap last night :) (I didn't stay for long - just stopped to say hi to friends)

Hey ladywithspinning head, check the photos i uploaded you may be on them. I was there last evening and this morning. I am home now. im not in the numbers game i will come in at noon and see how it goes. bigger problem, we now have rain for tomorrow

Actually, if you're in the city, this is kind of good. You don't have to line up - you go get a number and don't have to return until tomorrow morning :) (but I agree, it started ridiculously early and this is happening more and more frequently as the end of the tour approaches)

Rain's not so bad if you're in the first 1000 people as it's covered/shaded :D
But yes, it may mean no roof :(

Hi Mrs. Edge
Remember you from the Elevation show at SoundAcademy.
dont worry too much about a good spot, just get a number for now if you can, the head count and line up is tomorrow at 4am. None the less the circle takes 2000 people and the best view is still from the sound board. Also remember it will rain tommrow so that is a big big spanner in the works

im coming in tommorow at noon, the whole lining up 48 hours in advance and the line nazi;s pissed me off. im fine in the circle or by the soundboard, i don't need to be on the rail. secondly once the doors open, everyone bolts like crazy down the ramps so the numbering system kinda fails at that point.

The line nazis? Those 2 women filming the documentary? They seem pretty nice to me :shrug:

I think I remember you - I remember someone taking pics and telling me they weren't queuing til tomorrow. (looks like none of us are, lol)

The problem is I have a hubby who is not going to go for the 4am thing at all, and I doubt my friend will go for it too. We were planning on going at 6am. I have never been in the inner circle near the front centre before (was inner front rail side once before and barely saw a thing! ), but I fear I have missed that boat and now have to hope for an OK outside rail spot. Hope I'll see you guys! It has been too long! :wave:

no no not dayna and her friend things were great yesterday, the line crowd came in this morning and ....forget it anyway the rain is going to create chaos

I agree 4am is early but my protests fell on deaf ears :lol:

I haven't lined up for U2 in years and I've never been front rail, centre either so I figured I may as well queue up and give it my best shot for what will surely be my last show for years :)

no no not dayna and her friend things were great yesterday, the line crowd came in this morning and ....forget it anyway the rain is going to create chaos

Ah, those people might bark out instructions but they have connections, TONS of experience and know how to get things done (right) . I was witness to it at a show last week :)
(where the instructions were the same - no camping, get a number and return in am)

Jess - last week, I showed up halfway through the support act, sauntered into the inner pit and had back rail on Adam's side. Got close to the band members on the catwalk at various times and saw the entire production. Loved it - don't worry, you'll be fine :)

exactly ladywithspinninghead, in september 09 i came in at 4:30 and i was in the ring second row on back of the rail on adams side and centre for second show.
also ladywithspinninghead can you pm me with what connections said 'line masters' have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom