I've finally met Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay so here some news!!!!!
we met dallas this afternoon, this guy is soooooo nice, and he talked to us about his website and all... he is soo funny!!!
then i had to leave, cause i had to be back in galway, so i fucking missed bono!!! one hour after i left, he went out...and i think flavia wants to tell u about that so....:wink:

about the song in the studios, it sounded electrical, with heavy guitars...that was the guy said...well, really good!!!!:drool:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! OMG!

I'm still shocked! I ...can't...believe...it...happened!:ohmy: :shocked: :hyper:

So, as emilie said, we got to the studio at around 12. We were there with Tanya ( Those who usually go to U2 Interference chat will know who I'm talking about) praying for a miracle to happen. At around 12.30 we see a guy waling towards us and emilie says; It's Dallas!!!! Man! He's such a lovely guy! He come to us and said: Hey guys! How are you today??!! So we were talking for a good while about his website and stuff and emilie even got his pic taken with him. As we wrote on the wall: HE'S THE NICEST MAN IN ROCK N ROLL! :D

Oh! And before that, when we were on our way to the studios, we saw Edge!
We were walking down Burgh Quay and emilie was pointing at an Audi, because she wanted to show Tanya what kind of car Edge has. So she was saying: See? Edge has a car just like that. And oh! That guy looks like Edge. So i stopped, turned around, looked at the driver and said ( well actually shouted) : IT IS EDGE!!!!!
Man! He looked so cute without the beanie! :love:

So...where were we? oh yeah! The studio! At around 3.30 or 4 pm Edge arrives in his car with Bono. As they were going into the garage they waved at us. I don't need to tell you that by this point we were extremely hyper. A good while later a car stop in front of the garage and Larry gets out of the car and gets right into the studio. Without looking at us of course. :rolleyes: I think Ann was driving the car.

So at around 7.30 or so, all the other fans had left, except for Tanya Aidan and me. So the door opened and Sam checked if there was sombody left out there. And a seconds later the door opened again and it was THE MAN himself!

As he was walking towards us, he said ( in a very funny voice): WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE RAIN!??

And I simply answered: We are just mad! :D

So he grabbed me and Tanya and gave us a kiss each and shook hands with Aidan. I gave him a little present and he said: Oh! a prsent for me?? Thanks a million! ( I was absolutely chuffed!)

So we posed for some pics and got a few autographs. And he said: Sorry I have to go but I have a planr to catch! Take care! Bye!

As he was walking towards the garage Aidan said: Good luck at the wedding! ( He's going to Pavarotti's wedding tomorrow) So he turned around and said: How do u know about that? And Aidan said: it was on the radio just a while ago . And the whole Valencia team is gonna be there. And Bono said: No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! LOL Bless him! he's so fecking cute!

And that was it. I'm over the moon as u can imagine. Bono gave ME a kiss. I didn't give him a kiss. HE KISSED ME! Without even me asking him! YAY! :D

I'll post the pics as soon as Tanya and Aidan send them to me!

i just posted in Dallas website the message he asked us to post... :wink: just hello and that he'd like to post, but he is afraid someone finds out his emails address... lol
oh and he said that Jordan and eve check his forum and then they say to him what's going on... so, they might check U2 website too.. geez :huh: !!!!

Last edited:
Fab pic missu2!!

Just how lucky are you both??
We still havent got our photos back from November!!!!

I am getting serious Bono withdrawal symptoms now Bt runs off to book flights!!

Flavia, i completly forgot this "Edge in the car" episode!!! however, i laughed during hours!! that was sooo funny...
"this looks like edge's car".... wait a minute... :eyebrow: "that's eeeeeeeeddggggggggggggggeee" :lmao:

oh geez... i can't go back to my studies now... :coocoo: i can't!!!
bono, that's ur fault!!! :crazy:

Last edited:
miss-U2 said:
Flavia, i completly forgot this "Edge in the car" episode!!! however, i laughed during hours!! that was sooo funny...
"this looks like edge's car".... wait a minute... :eyebrow: "that's eeeeeeeeddggggggggggggggeee" :lmao:

oh geez... i can't go back to my studies now... :coocoo: i can't!!!
bono, that's ur fault!!! :crazy:

That is too funny :laugh:

And I think you can be excused for not wanting to study right now :)

I'm sitting here in california wondering what the hell I'm doing here when I should be there!:coocoo:

Hooray Flavia..youre living out most u2 fan fantasies, most of them anyhow:wink:

christine

Yay!
I got one of the pics from tonight! I'll post the rest as soon as I get them! :hyper:

flavitabonoagain.jpg

Wow, I'm really behind on PLEBA!!!

Cool pics and congrats!!! Loveth Bono's natural looking hair!

Next time, tell him to get Jordan and Eve to check this forum!! oh wait, they'd either be really disgusted or run away in fear.....

Um, so did anyone happen to get any pics of Edge capless? :shifty:

And check you out Ms. Saoirse, running into Bono yet again. See, you wait forever to meet him once and now you're going to be seeing him all the time. He'll probably be taking you out for drinks soon ;)

oh, i forgot to tell you...i wrote PLEBA on the wall behind the bench!!!!! :wink:

here's a pic of edge without cap...

Flavia, can u tell me why did i leave to take this f*cking bus??!!:mad:

pic removed by request of miss-U2

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God!!! Goes to show that those that persevere, finally get a break!! Well done, again Flavia!! The story and the pic are fab! Just think I would have been walking down George's Quay when Bono came out, if I'd waited for another ten minutes I'd have meet him too. So near...so unlucky...but I knew the risk of leaving and I took it. Congratulations Flavia and Emilie and Tanya. And to Mr. Confident himself, Aidan...well done mate! I wish I possessed your faith! I can't turn back the clock and I was really having such a miserable day...long story...but I'm so happy for you...this time you're really extending your portfolio on Bono, Flavia.

Did anyone mention what Larry did? Or what about Paul McGuinness? Larry's story is increbible and as Aidan put it, irregardless of his principles on meeting fans, Larry seems to have forgotten the fact that he's a fan himself, of Elvis, remember the Harley photo opportunity when U2 went to Graceland. Anyway, that's distracting from the issue. Congrats again Flavia. :applaud:

The_acrobat said:
But did anyone hear the new songs???

On Thursday, Mark, from Liverpool, was lucky enough to be invited into the studio by the man himself. And Bono played one of the new songs for him. I think it was Native Sun, or something like that.

Mark said that the guitars were really heavy and the sound was just brilliant.

I can't wait for the new album! Come on guys! Hurry up! :hyper:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Next time, tell him to get Jordan and Eve to check this forum!! oh wait, they'd either be really disgusted or run away in fear.....

Actually, Dallas said that Jordan and Eve not only check his forum but U2 forums as well....:shifty:

Hi girls! :wave:

dsmith2904 said:
Um, so did anyone happen to get any pics of Edge capless? :shifty:

And check you out Ms. Saoirse, running into Bono yet again. See, you wait forever to meet him once and now you're going to be seeing him all the time. He'll probably be taking you out for drinks soon ;)

Don't I wish???! :lmao:

Well, Daniel Lanois once took us ( Emilie and moi) for drinks, so why shouldn't Bono do the same?? ;)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Wow, I'm really behind on PLEBA!!!

Cool pics and congrats!!! Loveth Bono's natural looking hair!

Awww. . . that's okay . . . I think were relatively nice here :D

Anyway, if they ever do stop by, like Flavia said, hi girls :wave:

And Emilie, I :heart: your pic with the edge :)

the title of the song was "native son" i think.. well, native sun, native son :huh: quite the same!! lol

and yes, dallas really said that jordan and eve cheked forums and websites, for fun, about him, U2 and all which is related... geez :ohmy:

the pic with edge was from the last time, back in october, with daniel and all....

Hanover said:

Did anyone mention what Larry did?

:confused:

Is this about Larry not wanting to meet fans at the studio? :| I'd be extremely surprised if someone ever said he's agreed to meet them there.

Wow Flavia! Bono otra vez??? Y te di? un beso??? :faint:

Last edited:
i asked to remove my pics, cause i saw them on the noticias page of guatemala, and i don't want my face to be on trhe news page of a website...on a forum that's okay...sorry girls, i hope u understand!!

Actually we dont understand..if it were my pic with Bono it'd be all over!!!:wink:
Thanks for sharing them here anyhow.

Larry drove past us twice in 2 days in Dublin!! I told Bono we had seen Larry and he went" Oh thats great!" until I told him we had only seen him he hadnt stopped!! Bono just laughed and said "Oh I'm sorry but thats Larry!"
Which is fine but a bit disappointing for my sis who is Larry mad!!
The second time we saw him we just left it as he had no intention of stopping never mind speaking, which I have to admit I do find rather irritating.
While I kind of understand that he may not like fans being at the studio all the time, maybe he should try stopping for a few minutes and then politely asking us all to leave?

Thank god for the others!!

The only reason it seems odd that Larry doesn't stop or talk to the fans, is because Bono, Edge and sometimes Adam are so open. In reality the openess with the fans is what is not normal with other bands or famous people.
We are just spoiled by Bono's kindness and genuine love of the fans! :yes:

If you want a chance to interact with Larry, you have to follow a tour and MAYBE if he feels like it he chats or gives out autographs at concert venue.
Anyway, Larry hasn't changed he was like that when they were wee lads practicing in his kitchen, as he used the water hose to chase off the onlookers.
:wink: :cute:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom