It's Officially Tom Mabe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
I heard Tom Mabe on the radio this morning. This is the guy who would record calls from telemarketers and turn them into comedy bits.

Snippets from this morning:

1. Telemarketer convention in Washington DC. Tom calls attendees asking for donations for the Telemarketers with Insomnia Foundation. The telemarketers naturally respond "How dare you call me at this hour....."

2. Telemarketer calls to sell credit card "protection" service (they pay your minimum balance if you are out of work). Tom asks the telemarketer to hold a moment as he answers the door. You hear the sound of a door opening, a small group singing Christmas carols, Tom yelling "get out of here", shotgun blasts and people screaming. Tom returns and asks if the service will pay his credit card bills if he is out of work or in jail for killing Christmas carolers.

Priceless stuff. Check him out here!

Last edited:
:lol:

Check this out:

Motorist caught playing flute at 80mph
Wed Sep 10, 6:27 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police have caught a man playing the flute with both hands as he sped through traffic at 130 kph (80 mph) on a busy highway.

"He was leaning back in the seat and steering the car with his knees and feet," said Johann Bohnert, a spokesman for police in the town of Traunstein near the Austrian border. "He looked like he'd had practice." He now faces a fine of 50 euros (35.2 pounds).

The 52-year-old from Salzburg in Austria, birthplace of Mozart, the composer whose works include the opera "The Magic Flute", told police he was not actually blowing the instrument. "He said he was just practising fingerings," said Bohnert.

Ok ... I admit to talking on my cell phone while driving, but I have never played a musical instrument.

nbcrusader said:
1. Telemarketer convention in Washington DC. Tom calls attendees asking for donations for the Telemarketers with Insomnia Foundation. The telemarketers naturally respond "How dare you call me at this hour....."

This should say "Tom calls attendees at 3:00am asking for donations for the Telemarketers with Insomnia Foundation."

Back
Top Bottom