Items from U2.com store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Val

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I needed a new mouse pad to replace my ATYCLB one as it's too small. I haven't been thrilled about U2.com's selection, as most of their designs have been sold out for a year or more. Anyway, I decided I haven't the time to run to the store, haven't used my coupon from them yet, so I might as well just order one they have in stock. I chose the Boy one, and added the Vertigo poster from San Diego to make the shipping worth while.
To my surprise, the mouse pad is really beautiful :drool: , and the poster is very nice.

Anyone else make any recent purchases from there?

I ordered a vertigo tour program a couple of months ago, because I didn't get one at the concerts I went to. I got a couple more of the vertigo symbol buttons while I was at it, and ordered it all together. I got the buttons in about a week, and just got the program earlier this week.
So, shipping on the program was kind of slow, but I did get my items and I feel pretty lucky about that.

I was shocked when I got the mail and there was my order since I only ordered the items on Wednesday. Things must be slow there. I am really happy with my items. Whoever thought you could get excited over a mouse pad!

I ordered two t-shirts on the 28th of February...and I still didn't get them. Is it normal that it takes that long? The lady said it should be in by the 20th of March!

Perhaps they come from a different vendor. If I remember correctly, I had to wait for a tshirt. I'd give it until Wednesday and then get in touch with them again.

I ordered the "Boys play rock and roll" & Music Rising shirts earlier this year. They came in only a couple of weeks which is fantastic! Thrilled with them. Was nervous ordering after hearing the delays etc that some people get, but was lucky to have a great experience.

A few years ago, I bought a mousepad for a home. I lliked it so much that I bought a different one for work! I have Under a Blood Red Sky at home and Zooropa at work.

love2bmama said:
I think they send out an email letting you know when your package ships, if I remember correctly

I haven't received an e-mail yet. But I've got alot of patience so I'll be fine!

iloveedge said:
I ordered two t-shirts on the 28th of February...and I still didn't get them. Is it normal that it takes that long? The lady said it should be in by the 20th of March!

Once I ordered a shirt and paid extra for 2 day shipping. In my world, "two day shipping" means they ship the item the next business day (as long as it's in stock) and then you receive the item two business days after that. Well after over a week I e-mailed and asked where my shirt was and they sent a bitchy response that said "two day shipping goes into affect once we have actually shipped the item." :der: WTF? Um ok so I pay extra for faster shipping but they still wait over a week to ship the item and then get bitchy about it? I'm never buying from them again.

I bought the 2007 wall calendar, and it came pretty quickly. I must check out the mouse pads, as both the one at work (Legolas from LOTR) and home (Maxine saying that her idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice) (both were gifts) are getting really ratty. :rolleyes:

oh that's what I wanted to do at the same time! Order that calendar! :banghead: and now I just noticed...stupid me.

Last year to use up my coupon I ordered a calendar and a Music Rising shirt. I got a DHL tracking number for my order, but the package they were tracking was the calendar by itself. I had no way to track the shirt, and Fanfire didn't know if my items had shipped separately, or if there had been a mistake. Thankfully, the shirt did finally arrive, but it was frustrating.

With fanclub items, they use media mail, which is cheaper for them but extremely slow and offers no way to track the package. When I didn't receive my ZooTV CDs almost a month after renewing my membership, I emailed Fanfire, and I got a response fairly quickly, and my CDs did arrive a few days later.

I think they overcharge for shipping considering they ship so slowly. That said, I'm a sucker and I'll probably order from them again :shrug:

It took my t-shirts a month to get here... but they did get here. I will probably buy from them again - the t-shirts are decent quality. Just give them loooooooots of time... :rolleyes:

Alisaura said:
It took my t-shirts a month to get here... but they did get here. I will probably buy from them again - the t-shirts are decent quality. Just give them loooooooots of time... :rolleyes:

Same happened here, it took a month for just the one i ordered but at least it arrived. I love it!

I ordered the 2007 calendar from u2.com in November. I forgot about my order until the beginning of January, when I was going through my old emails and came across my order confirmation.

I sent them an email asking where the calendar was, since it had been in stock when I ordered it. About 2 weeks later I finally got a response saying the calendar was back-ordered (which they never bothered to tell me about), and wouldn't be in stock for several weeks. I responded to that email, asking them to cancel my order because I refused to pay full price for a calendar that I wouldn't get full use out of. Again, I didn't hear back for another 2 weeks. That email said that they couldn't cancel my order, as it had already been shipped. They told me to send it back when I got it, and I would be refunded.

A week after I got that last email, the calendar arrived. I knew it would be a hastle and a half to even attempt to get my money back, or for them to acknowledge the return, so I gave up and have kept it. I do like it, but am not happy with how long I had to wait, and how much it cost.

So completely frustrating. Add me to those who will never order from them again.

Anything i have bought from them has arrived quickly. I must be one of the lucky ones.

Re: the mousemats they should update there stocks as appropriate. Either stock more mousemats or take down the sold out ones. It taunts me being able to see the sold out ones but not buy them. :grumpy:

ThoraSEB said:
I ordered the 2007 calendar from u2.com in November. I forgot about my order until the beginning of January, when I was going through my old emails and came across my order confirmation.

I sent them an email asking where the calendar was, since it had been in stock when I ordered it. About 2 weeks later I finally got a response saying the calendar was back-ordered (which they never bothered to tell me about), and wouldn't be in stock for several weeks. I responded to that email, asking them to cancel my order because I refused to pay full price for a calendar that I wouldn't get full use out of. Again, I didn't hear back for another 2 weeks. That email said that they couldn't cancel my order, as it had already been shipped. They told me to send it back when I got it, and I would be refunded.

A week after I got that last email, the calendar arrived. I knew it would be a hastle and a half to even attempt to get my money back, or for them to acknowledge the return, so I gave up and have kept it. I do like it, but am not happy with how long I had to wait, and how much it cost.

So completely frustrating. Add me to those who will never order from them again.

Yeah I had almost the exact same problem.
I also wish that they would sell merch from the Australia/NZ shows, cos I missed out at the actual concert and I really want a tee shirt! I've ordered stuff from the before, but the calendar thing pissed me off. I didn't get it until late Feb :mad:

Aren't they selling 5th leg merch? That sucks... I hope they'll get around to putting it up for sale eventually, in their usual sluggish manner. I got some t-shirts, but I wouldn't mind more. :reject:

bonoishot said:
Re: the mousemats they should update there stocks as appropriate. Either stock more mousemats or take down the sold out ones. It taunts me being able to see the sold out ones but not buy them. :grumpy:

exactly! That's why I took so long in ordering one. Like I said, I did finally order the Boy one, and it is beautiful, but it's very light and I do hope it doesn't soil easily. But it is way nicer than the pic on U2.com shows.

When I've ordered non-clothing it always arrived very fast with no problems. But clothing is a complete different story. While not all orders were bad, I've had the same rotten experience of them seeming to completely forget my order ever existed, until I spent a couple months haggling with them to finally get it. The items themselves however, once finally arrived were nice.

if my memory is correct, I've ordered 2 calendars--the latest and the one before that, and 2 Achtung Baby era shirts. I remember the only problem was that the tracking number they gave for the shirts was useless. it didn't tell me where it was, estimated arrival date...etc. I e-mailed them and coicidentally the next day they arrived. I don't believe I've had problems with the calendars, I ordered them shortly after they were on the site. But I think that reading about people's difficulties not only with merchandise but with the pre-sales for Vertigo, has held me back on paying them for membership.

i ordered a u218 shirt before march (march 1st is my bday) for my bday and it hasnt come, if your in the us its ok, if your in the uk then apparently they dont give a toss

I have ordered t-shirts from them 3 separate times, and each time they arrived very quickly. Less than a week. Of course when I saw the return address of where it came from, it was sent from a city about 45 minutes from me.

Add me to the list of not impressed. I ordered a Hawaii shirt (the only fugly one they offered, but I needed to complete my quest to buy a shirt from every show I attended :nerd: ), and it took more than a month to get to me. When I received it I literally laughed out loud - it was shipped from Los Angeles - about 100 miles from my house. One month to travel 100 miles. :rolleyes:

Maybe they don't start growing the cotton for each shirt until you place your order??:scratch: :wink:

I have wanted to order a Lithograph , has anyone here bought one ? how is the quality ? and are they framed ?

Back
Top Bottom