Is "Under a Blood Red Sky" on DVD yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a great VHS copy on ebay recently, still need to watch it, if it was DVD I'd have watched it like ten times by now but I rarely use the VCR haha.

Its a strange one considering it has been on video for 24 years. Definately love it to be released.

Am i correct in saying that if that was released, it only leaves The UF as the only official U2 non DVD release? I know the making of the UF, from UF video, appeared as an extra on another DVD (i forget which)

I just wish they would release the DVD of the ENTIRE concert. I've watched the deleted songs on youtube and they are awesome. They cut out "An Cat Dubh/Into the heart", "Twilight", "Out of control", "I fall down", "Two hearts beat as one" and maybe one more. There has to be some reason this hasn't come out yet.

I have a copy made from a laserdisc (remember those?). It's very nice...but agreed, would love to see a full dvd release of the complete gig.

gman said:

Am i correct in saying that if that was released, it only leaves The UF as the only official U2 non DVD release? I know the making of the UF, from UF video, appeared as an extra on another DVD (i forget which)

Nope.

Achtung Baby - The Videos, The Cameos And A Whole Lot Of Interference also hasn't been released.

But all the interference bits from that video are hidden on the ZooTV DVD as an easter egg.

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to find on DVD, you can just download torrent files and burn your own.

I originally made my own from when the cut songs were shown on showtime way way back (or was it on Z ?), but the tape deteriorated over the years. Found a decent one on a torrent site

gman said:

No, you are not. The Achtung Baby video has already been mentioned. Also on VHS, but not on DVD are the Numb video single and The Best Of 1980-1990.

BTW, the making of TUF appeared on the Slane DVD.

Popmartijn said:
not on DVD are the Numb video single and The Best Of 1980-1990.

That`s right.

I wonder if we`ll ever see The Best Of 1980 - 1990 on dvd.
( keeping fingers crossed )

The Numb video-single also had a video of Love Is Blindness?
Why wasn`t that one on The Best Of 1990 - 2000 dvd????
Also the UTEOTW video ( studio version ) wasn`t on it:sad:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

The Best of 1980-90 should be on DVD as well, but what would prompt them to release it, it's doubtful, maybe someday what's on it will be contained in a box set.

Officially not, but it's on the internet. I think there is some legal dispute over the Red rocks film material that prevents the release...

The Red Rocks Concert was the first one that actually made U2 become more visible. :yes:

(that is, until Live Aid took place) :wink:

You would think it should eventually get released on DVD, since they made a VHS copy. :up:

Hopefully, it will be in it's entirety and not like the VHS edition where there's only part of the concert. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom