Is It Hell waiting for GA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this has been a really good thread since I have never been to a U2 show before and would love to do GA! I am planning to go to the opening night in Miami, how early do you think I would have to get there to be in the heart?

another question: if you do get in the heart, where is the best place to stand? do you want to be in the front by the stage or do you want to be somewhere on the heart or at the tip? where does Bono spend more time?

I"ve never done the heart or ga which is why I posted the question in the first place, but from what I saw at the elevation tour anywhere in the heart is good especially the tip I would imagine. and yes, get there early!

the tip of the heart was good because you could see everything. It was not hard to see the stage. Unless you were behind a couple of people at the tip. Then you have an obstructed view like me. I'm a shortie so It was hard to see.

Bono did came to the tip a lot and the ramp was used. Although, I've heard that at some of the Elevation shows Bono didn't use the ramp as much. I don't know.

Why do you guys post like there is going to be a heart? I don't think there will be. They will want to do something new.

I never thought there was going to be a heart, I was speaking regarding the previous tour..... I am thinking though for this upcoming tour a big bullseye!

one4u2 said:
I never thought there was going to be a heart, I was speaking regarding the previous tour..... I am thinking though for this upcoming tour a big bullseye!

I was not talking about your comment but the previous poster. I know you were not thinking that. The previous poster talked about getting into the heart. So..................

A bullseye would be interesting.

Hell waiting in a GA line is by having Patience and having Fun. I am planning and know what it takes. I am unsure about one show of the many shows I plan on going to but for a fact D.C. I plan on being in charge of the first show and guarantee that will be the best GA line to be handle on this upcoming tour. The problem is dealing with security for each venue and see how each venue handles each GA line which I have seen on my recent Metallica tour. Right now I am not able to log onto U2.com in the forum but for each show I will give my experience with that specific venue if I have been there and tell you what to possibly expect. Venues that I have been to and have done GA.

Pepsi Arena Albany, NY
American Airlines Arena Miami
Philips Arena Atlanta GA
Gwinnet Center Dulutch, GA
St. Pete Times Forum Tampa, FL
Attel Arena Little Rock, AK
Fleet Center Boston, MA
MCI Center, Washington D.C.
Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA
Madison Square Garden, NYC
HBSC Arena Buffalo, NY
Mellon Arena Pittsburgh, PA
Schittestein Center Columbus, OH
Gund Arena Cleveland, OH
Conseco Fieldhouse Indianapolis, IN
Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI
Continental Airlines Arena East Rutherford, NJ
Savvis Center St. Louis MO
America West Arena Phoenix, AZ
The Pond in Anaheim Anaheim, CA
HP Pavilion, San Jose
Oklahoma City, OK
and more....

Alright well I'll be at Madison Square Garden and certainly will put my $0.02 in...I know it will be fun us New Yorkers are a breed all our own :wink:

Seabird said:
I've never camped for tickets but once you have GA you have to camp for the show or you won't get a good spot. That is what you hear people talking and complaining about, not the ticket line.

Depends what you mean by a good spot, if you want to be bang up against the front rails, then obviously you have to queue early.

If like me you're happy standing a few metres back in the crowd, then you can go in pretty much any time, and have a few beers out the back as well before taking up your position about 35-40 minutes before the concert starts.

Whether or not you are allowed to bring drinks inside with you depends on the venue. I've not been to a single one that allowed it (this is due to revenue loss and it also breaks the contract with the sponsors unless it is only their product you're bringing in).

You can leave the line for extended periods of time (within reason), but there comes a point where they inform everyone to stand up, they squish you like sardines and then it's a matter of time before you're let in, so nobody leaves the queue anymore.

One thing about GA though: Be prepared for the RUSH GOING IN!! They tellyou not to run etc but the heck with that! I was CRUSHED in a GA "run" to the stage...and this was at MSG. The whole line bottlenecked and got jammed up against the doors to the arena, after a big hallway dash. Heck, even that was fun:)

Last edited:
anitram said:
Whether or not you are allowed to bring drinks inside with you depends on the venue. I've not been to a single one that allowed it (this is due to revenue loss and it also breaks the contract with the sponsors unless it is only their product you're bringing in).

You can leave the line for extended periods of time (within reason), but there comes a point where they inform everyone to stand up, they squish you like sardines and then it's a matter of time before you're let in, so nobody leaves the queue anymore.

I've been to MSG once and that was not a GA show on the floor. Reserved seating for Pearl Jam in 2003. People rush in just to buy posters instead of getting to their seats. Well I think MSG is a hard place to get a good spot for GA. The GA Main Event is still to come at the first show of the tour.

Teta040 said:
One thing about GA though: Be prepared for the RUSH GOING IN!! They tellyou not to run etc but the heck with that! I was CRUSHED in a GA "run" to the stage...and this was at MSG. The whole line bottlenecked and got jammed up against the doors to the arena, after a big hallway dash. Heck, even that was fun:)

:uhoh:

Anyone have any experience with GA at any Vancouver shows? And how bad is it when doors open for GA? Is the mad rush really brutal?
I've never been to a concert in my life so it'd be great if someone could throw some advice my way :)

How about the FleetCenter in Boston? I got GA's during the presale for the last show, but now I'm getting nervous about it...

I have GA for Chicago 5/9 and have been freaking since I got them...when should I camp out...what's the quickest way to get to the floor? I feel like I should go there and map out my route ahead of time.
Someone from Chicago said last tour they let people camp out and then I heard if you're the first few 100 in line you get two wristbands to get into the oval, the rest get one wristband for the rest of the floor.
Anyone have any GA experience from last tour @ the United Center???

Mucca said:
Anyone have any experience with GA at any Vancouver shows? And how bad is it when doors open for GA? Is the mad rush really brutal?
I've never been to a concert in my life so it'd be great if someone could throw some advice my way :)

hey im from vancouver too..adn this is gonna be my first concert!

hluvslmj said:
I have GA for Chicago 5/9 and have been freaking since I got them...when should I camp out...what's the quickest way to get to the floor? I feel like I should go there and map out my route ahead of time.
Someone from Chicago said last tour they let people camp out and then I heard if you're the first few 100 in line you get two wristbands to get into the oval, the rest get one wristband for the rest of the floor.
Anyone have any GA experience from last tour @ the United Center???
Everyone with GAs got wristbanded as they entered the arena. You didn't get the second band until/unless you entered the heart. Once the heart was full, they wouldn't let anymore people in, however, a lot of people at the front of the line went to the outside tip of the heart and other spots along the outside.

Last edited:
bono=genius said:

hey im from vancouver too..adn this is gonna be my first concert!

Me Too! :)
Good luck to you with tickets!!

Question: If me and a friend get GA and my friend lines up early without me, will I be able to join him afterwards?

~LadyLemon~ said:
I had a lot of fun hanging out with friends for 16+ hours, but since I only did this for the second leg of Elevation, it sucked because the shows I did it for were during October and November. Sleeping on sidewalks when it's 35 degrees is no party. The last time I did this for U2 was in November in St. Louis.
It alternately snowed/sleeted all day, and by the time we were able to get into the Savvis Center, I couldn't feel my feet. It is worth it, because I was able to be in the second row for all of those shows (although I think I was in 4th for St. Louis), even though everyone else in the world thinks I'm crazy for doing it...

i met a few nice ppl in the GA lines.:)

db9

erin4618 said:
How about the FleetCenter in Boston? I got GA's during the presale for the last show, but now I'm getting nervous about it...

Unsure I have been to the Fleet Center for Pearl Jam and Metallica on my year long run of shows. Neither show was GA. I think we would all line up near McDonalds.

Back
Top Bottom