io: my name gets butchered on a daily basis.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Hop on...I won't tell you which one.....:wink:

344%3A932323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C256%3B%3A%3C%3A4nu0mrj

:ohmy: :giggle:

Boy, I really feel you guys on this subject.

It happens to me all the time.

It's not like I have a difficult first name to pronounce, you know?

But all day long, it's

"Here comes Mr Fantastic"
or
"Hey, it's The Man"

Sometimes I can't even have a conversation with someone, it just throws me so much.

:sigh:

I guess I'll have to do better than just a simple name tag in the future. But you think "Captain Spectacular" would be pretty clear and straightforward.

:|

:uhoh: :laugh: :wink:

icelle, though, I know what you mean. I have an easy name (Jesse), but some of my friends names are always butchered, and it's so strange sometimes how it all comes about.

But as far as my name...... I get everything from Jessie to Jessey on cards from relatives :huh: :huh: :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:
Arghhhh I get this alllll the freakin time at work. They usually say Joanne or Juliette over the phone. Sometimes I have to correct them because I get so pissed when they kill my name. It's not that difficult to pronounce! I mean WTF! :no:

My real first name is Joanne. For some reason, when I say "(Name of Business), this is Joanne," when I answer my phone at work, some people think I'm saying "Shelly."
WTF, indeed.

I'm not even going to begin to describe the problems people have had with trying to spell and pronounce my last name. Let's just say it's tricky to learn how to say my last name. And if I ever get married, I'll decide whether or not to change my name based on how easy his name is to spell and pronounce. :wink:

me: thank you for calling the disneyland resort room reservations this is icelle (e-sell) how can i help you?

guest: what is your name again?

me: e-sell

guest: oh thats pretty, how do you spell it?

me: i-c-e-l-l-e

guest: eye-sell-e?

me over the phone: :tsk::banghead:

me: no, E-sell:)

guest: oh! ok!

i said it TWICE how to pronounce my name and she STILL fucked it up!:lmao:

I can feel your pain e-sell :hug:

Growing up, no one ever pronounced my name correctly. I would get "Leela", "Layla", etc. It's Lila - long "I", like the Oasis song "Lyla". Quite frustrating.

What pisses me off now is that I have a customer who calls my business regularly, and he says: Hey Leela, how ya doing? I used to correct him and say: Hi, this is LY-LA. And I don't think he's ever said it right. Now I get a little attitude when he calls. When he places his order, he butchers things so badly that it takes me a moment to figure out what the f**k he is saying. Not to mention he asks me questions and I respond, and then he asks again cuz he didn't understand. The other day the same guy called my husband, my husband answered his questions, and then 30 minutes later the guy calls back and asks me the same questions all over again. I give him the answers - 3 TIMES!!! And I didn't know my husband had already done so.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

9.gif

i got called 'olivia' again today after saying my name was 'Lizzie' :banghead:

then i said no, 'Lizzie', and they said 'Linnie?' i said no, 'Lizzie, with a Z'.

sometimes i wonder if it's better to just let them think i'm olivia instead of spending 10 minutes telling them what my name is :sigh: :laugh:

I usually get Marina.

Like I'm a parking lot for boats or something.

nobody reads this

icelle said:
me: thank you for calling the disneyland resort room reservations this is icelle (e-sell) how can i help you?

so... :shifty:

are you related to e-bay?

:|

:wink: someone had to do it

Last edited:
icelle said:

:uhoh: i've been mentally butchering your name whenever i read it.

part of my name gets butchered, and on top of that, the vast majority of people don't seem to understand the concept of a hyphenated last name. parents: if you hyphenated your kids' last name, you suck. future parents: don't do it. to add insult to injury, it's impossible to fit a long-ass hyphenated name into boxes on scantron test answer sheets. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom