IO: Emergency Cat Advice Appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GARY#2

The Fly
My friend is concerned about her cat because it almost drowned in her toilet. The cat is shaking, meowing loudly, and his eyes are droopy... not being a feline-behavior expert, I don't know what advice to give. Does anyone suggest a clinic, as the cat could be in shock or injured, or something else?

Any help would be appreciated, if anyone here has experience or knowledge with cats... I figured IO was main haunt.

Thanks.

gary:heart:

thank you for keeping me calm.

pippin is fine.

i was freaked out because he jumped in the toilet and i had to get him out, towel dry him, and he was shaking so bad it just made me so nervous. i ended up using a hair dryer near him to help keep him warm and to dry his fur a little bit more. he didnt want me to put him down for nothing. there were no clinics open in my area so i had to keep a very close eye on him. he is no longer allowed in the restroom.

he is now running around, attacking my leg, biting my skin as i type this (take that! and that! and that!).

pippin thanks you also.

i hope to God that never happens again.

he is still biting me.

Was he trembling shaking or twisting his whole body shaking like he was trying to get the water off? Either way, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him do that - I'm sure he was quite traumatized! Don't worry, I bet he will never go near a toilet again after that, poor guy :hug:

bonosloveslave said:
Was he trembling shaking or twisting his whole body shaking like he was trying to get the water off? Either way, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him do that - I'm sure he was quite traumatized! Don't worry, I bet he will never go near a toilet again after that, poor guy :hug:

he was trembling more than shaking the water off. he was submerged in the water, and when i got him he looked like he had nearly drowned. it was the worst feeling in the world to see him like that. i thought for sure he was gone. i am still shaken up by the whole experience, while he sits at my feet, playing with the straps on my purse (DIE PURSE DIE!!) doing the leg kicking thing against it.

:sighofrelief:

Oh poor thing! I'm glad he's okay! Keep the lid down now just in case!

You dont IM me about him anymore :(

Saki has jumped in the toilet on more than one occasion when he was a kitten. I had to rinse him lightly and towel dry him right away as kittens can get hypothermia very easily. I think a hair dryer might be too hot for them though. And the noise probly freaked him out too.

It is now a rule in our house to always keep the toilet lids closed. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom