IO: Beetles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
junebug2.gif

I hate these goddamn bugs. They always fly around here in May and are very gross sounding. I hate listening to them fly. I hate listening to the sound they make when they hit screens.

And just as soon as these damn things go away, we get swarms of these in June:

mayfly3.jpg

Yes, I discovered that these things existed in my late teens, because the zebra mussels in Lake Erie had the side effect of filtering all the industrial pollution out of the Great Lakes and making them super clean...so these things came back after a few decade hiatus. They swarm, they have sex, they die and leave a smelly, fishy mess everywhere, and then their eggs create larvae that take 17 years to turn into those damn things again.

:madspit:

Melon

images of bugs should be banned on interference. :yuck:

On that note, the only type of bug that drives me batty are those june bugs.

Last edited:
:lol:

Don't ever visit The Land of the Flying Cockroach then. You'll freak out, as do many tourists. I have known people to cancel the rest of their holiday and go home because they can't handle the number, and size, of the bugs here.

Last edited:
Found one of these under my feet yesterday

huntsman.jpg

hmm, according to the internet Hunstmans are only found in the South East of Australia. Thats interesting. Obviously the Huntsman in the West didnt get that memo.

beli said:
Found one of these under my feet yesterday

huntsman.jpg

hmm, according to the internet Hunstmans are only found in the South East of Australia. Thats interesting. Obviously the Huntsman in the West didnt get that memo.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH A SPIDER:scream: I HATE BUGS. THEY'VE GOT WAY TOO MANY LEGS.

Well, at least I know where I'm not going on holiday....

I remember waking up one morning in Yosemite in my tent and when I put my glasses on I looked down at my feet *which were covered with heavy socks and my pants were tucked into my socks thank God* and saw a big fucking hairy spider resting on the top of my toe. I freaked out. :scream: I gently got up and unzipped my tent and kicked my leg out to get the spider off my foot. I then tossed everything out of my tent. My friends and brother died laughing because all they saw from my tent was crap being tossed out. :lol: It is funny now but that scared the hell out of me.

ow. that hurt. literally. you know when you get a sudden shock and you get shooting pains down your arms through to your fingertips?

or maybe it was a mild heart attack...anyway, no more FUCKING HUNTSMANS!!!!!!!

:madspit:

ha, ha. Apparently we dont have Huntsmans in the west, according to the internet. Next time Im in the washroom I'll take a photo of the dead ones mate. He/she lives in the bottom of my wicker dirty washing basket.

please dont take any photos. infact, just burn all the dead bodies say, over there, in WA loll.

ow, i could have died from that photo. :grumpy:

im ok now though, thanks for asking.
:sniff:

:woe:

Cleasai said:

On that note, the only type of bug that drives me batty are those june bugs.

I agree.
One of the many great things about living in southern california is that there aren't many bugs.

Oh I also HATE mosquito hawks!! They were hanging out around my front door at night for a couple of weeks and kept getting in the house. :angry:.
I found a tarantula in my backyard once about 12 years ago :no:

Angela Harlem said:
please dont take any photos. infact, just burn all the dead bodies say, over there, in WA loll.

Im going to take photos of ALL the spiders in my house, make a webpage, set it up so its linked to Google, and voila! Proof that we have huntmans in the west. If its on the web it must be true :love:

If you have bugs, you need one of these:

gecko.jpg

I really hate it when those Huntman spiders (and they are big mofo's) sit inside the shower head and then, when you turn the water on they fall on you with the force of the water......

Heart rates goes from 0 to 100 in less than 2 seconds.:lol:

But Tania, we dont have Huntsmans in the west :lol:

I hate it when you walk under a tree at night, and the bastards jump on your shoulder. :mad:

PS I do need a gecko. More lizards, and less wasps :up:

Hang on, I'll just whip outside and tell them, shall I? Be off, you scum o' de earth, the Net says you don't live here:laugh:

I hate it when you go to hang the washing out in the dark (as I am want to do) and turn the light on to see that you have walked under a dirty great big web with a dirty great big spider in it....

owww, I hate that. I seriously don't hang the washing out at night at this house for that very reason.

Oh, and the feng shui. It's bad feng shui to hang your washing out at night. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :mad:

Tania said:

Heart rates goes from 0 to 100 in less than 2 seconds.:lol:

So these spiders act as a defribrillator? I needed one earlier after beli caused my sudden and now severe heart attack. I think I might have even died for a few minutes, but I came back. Like Jesus.

I like your gecko. He's cute :up:

And I concur re: the washing. My clothesline is under the patio (roof) and too often I think I'll do the right thing and not use the dryer....and too often I think why the fuck did I bother??? :scream:

We have redback plagues. No pics please guys. The American friends can just guess what these fuckers look like, ok?

Tania said:
I really hate it when those Huntman spiders (and they are big mofo's) sit inside the shower head and then, when you turn the water on they fall on you with the force of the water......

:scream:

:no:

:skincrawlingoffmybones:

don the gecko :cute:

So, Angela and Dandy, I won't tell you about having to identify thousands of the slippery little suckers as part of my work experience with the Forestry Commission by looking at them under a microscope.

Don must be getting ready to hibernate, or something, as I haven't seen him for a while.:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom