Interesting U2 Reviews...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I happened to stumble upon this site where this guy writes detailed reviews of every U2 album, from Boy to Bomb. But most of them are not very positive. But he's not writing like a troll either, he's not trying to cause trouble. It seems like he just genuinely isn't crazy about a lot of the albums. I'm just curious to see if anyone has any comments/thoughts about this guy's point of view and insights.

http://www.capnmusic.org/U2.htm

While I think his comparison of the song Elevation to REM's Monster is a crock of shit (Monster pisses all over the plain vanilla 'lite' guitar of the album version of Elevation), he DID get me thinking about the album War! Come to think of it... Bono yelling 'the newspaper says.. say its true its true!!!' and the bursting outrage of Like A Song.... has he sounded THAT passionate on any album since then? JT and RH come close I guess but that's it!

david said:
It seems like all this guy cares about is the hit songs from each album.

And himself.

Some music critics are so clueless, it's painful. How Rattle & Hum can be considered in the same league as Pop is a little puzzling.

At some points I'm with him 110% (the 'Climax©' stuff with The Bomb for example, and he picks the peaks and troughs in production quality pretty well) but at most other points we disagree greatly.... And I agree, he seems to love the big hits and not a lot else.

He rates a lot of the albums as As and Bs yet still delights in shitting all over them in his reviews.

Although I do agree with him on Atomic Bomb's middle 8s that push it that much higher. Annoying, that.

I really don't like this reviewers style. I'd much prefer reading Mark Prindle's reviews any day.

Mind you, he reviews Achtung Baby in a very similar matter - which is unfortunate, as it's my favourite album of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom