Inauguration Setlist Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was pretty good. Perfect for the occasion, U2 are sounding good, Adam was excellent, Larry plays the album version of COBL (wtf?), Edge is playing and singing as well as ever and Bono's still got the energy.

Best of all, it was quite clear that it wasn't entirely about U2, it was more about America and the president they elected. :up: :up:

I say what i see. It was very much what the doctor ordered. Your gonna tell me the crowd were doing the blitzkrieg bop and jamming to the tunes on the stage.

I'd say that's not what I'd be expecting on a dreary cold morning for an event that wasn't even a rock concert.

U2 is more important than some president of some nation who thinks they are more important than they actually are

Obama didnt show enough respect to u2 - by allowing beyonce on the same stage i think he should be on trial for acts against humanity

how many people have u2 killed?

U2 is more important than some president of some nation who thinks they are more important than they actually are

Obama didnt show enough respect to u2 - by allowing beyonce on the same stage i think he should be on trial for acts against humanity

how many people have u2 killed?

Hey troll, Obama's more important than the Gallaghers combined.

I was there... it was COLD. Sorry, but everyone had been there since 8, 9, or 10am. We were all quite frozen. Still a good time, but don't expect everyone to be jumping around when we couldn't feel our toes!

It's not just about jumping up and down - it's about the whole atmosphere. Which I appreciate wouldn't have been it's best out in that weather in that awful sort of twilight.

I'm guessing it was better being there than seeing it on the tv, as most concerts and things generally are :up:

That's because you're Mancunian and thus would already be so high on little white pills that you wouldn't even realise there was a goddamn inauguration going.

Don't you think this was a little offensive and uncalled for?

Its fine, i can take things on the chin and it was very light hearted. A throw back to the days of madchester:sad:

I just found it a hypocritical remark to make after pulling you up on something.

Plus I'm over protective of Manchester because I might be going to Uni there :ohmy: :lol:

Yeah, I just wanted to see if two wrongs could make a right, for a change. No, I was kidding, playing to a stereotype, and I apologise if you happen to be from Manchester.

Vaz is anti-American and right wing. We get it.

Im also a commie....

:rolleyes::sexywink:

Yeah, I just wanted to see if two wrongs could make a right, for a change. No, I was kidding, playing to a stereotype, and I apologise if you happen to be from Manchester.

Vaz is anti-American and right wing. We get it.

I'm not from Manchester :shrug:

... just because he moaned about the inauguration crowd that makes him right wing? Eh?

Okay I'm obviously not in FYM enough or whatever :lol:

Hey troll, Obama's more important than the Gallaghers combined.

I dont think so

Obama could not write Live Forever or Some might say in a million years

Here is Obama's song

"hey i got some change
you want some change
maybe we should change
do you know any synonyms for change?

*chorus*

change
get on the dancefloor
change
put on your red shoes
change
here you go you tramp stop moaning"

I dont think so

Here is Obama's song

"hey i got some change
you want some change
maybe we should change
do you know any synonyms for change?

*chorus*

change
get on the dancefloor
change
put on your red shoes
change
here you go you tramp stop moaning"

I wouldn't put the Gallaghurrs in charge of a country of over 300 million people during a time of global economic recession, personally.

I dont think so

Woop-dee-doo. Somehow, I think political talent is far more important than songwriting talent when it comes to a political job.

Woop-dee-doo. Somehow, I think political talent is far more important than songwriting talent when it comes to a political job.

Yes but if Obama's ratings dropped during his term and he came out with a mega catchy pop-rock tune

the americans would soon forget if he accidentaly put 5 million out a job

His lack of song writing skills might come back to haunt him......

and Noel is GOD so he doesnt need to be elected in any country

Noel would make a better PM than Obama would make president imo

:reject:

You blast Obama for being a "novice" (hilarious in and of itself), and then advocate some musician as being superior for Prime Minister?

I think you should try making sense for once. I know it would be strange, but people might take you more seriously.

Noel would make a better PM than Obama would make president imo

:reject:

Even i have to disagree there

he would help the poor and working class too much

they dont deserve such handouts

a more cereomonial role like KING might be more suitable

You blast Obama for being a "novice" (hilarious in and of itself), and then advocate some musician as being superior for Prime Minister?

I think you should try making sense for once. I know it would be strange, but people might take you more seriously.

Was just trying to stirr things up and you jumped on it as predicted :lol:

Back
Top Bottom