Inauguration Setlist Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They've lost it. I just watched it again - they had the senile, out of touch vibe.
Come back at me!

I for one thought our band looked very handsome and elegant. Especially Bono who looked the most charismatic I've seen him in a long time.
That fancy winter coat made him look quite professorial.

A little trivia: the selection of 'Pride' was not only appropriate because of MLK's Birthday and Obama being the first African American president and all, the song was written in Obama's state of birth, Hawaii, during the War tour.

People on here are way too critical. I saw their performance on Youtube and I don't understand how Bono was embarrassing himself, going over the top etc, he was just walking around the stage most of the time. Okay they were smiling quite a bit, but I really do not understand the some of the views on here.
I do agree that Pride was quite flat and Bono's voice was a bit hoarse and not perfect, but I thought he and the rest of the band did well considering the conditions, the fact they probably need to rehearse more etc.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why all the negativity??

which means i guess we will have to hear it again...............pride i mean.....

i don't think that two songs for a special occasion are any sign of what's to come.

Yeah, if these things were an insight into what's to come, Walk On would've just been a One snippet on Elevation and a full band She's A Mystery To Me would've been a Vertigo regular.

Of course they'll play Pride. Just don't assume they're going to merge it with COBL based on today's performance, that's all.

I doubt it, alas. I'd love it if they took out either Pride or WOWY, but I don't believe they'd ever ditch both.

will they ever take it out...........probably not

They have. It wasn't initially played on the Elevation Tour. Took two weeks or so before it appeared in the setlist.

Not much of a break, but it's something.

Pride and COBL were just perfect for this occasion. Stop the bashing, people, it was a great performance. Anyone saying there wasn't enough passion is out of their minds. This is not a U2 concert. They did as well as they could do under the given circumstances. It's so exciting to see U2 perform together as a band again after all this time.

I really enjoyed both Pride an COBL. They shouldn't play it at every concert, but this was the right occasion and I think the B-man nailed it.

I was quoted first at the top

Na i'm sure your safe and sound

I couldn't agree less with whatever that person said

the selfish kind are the ones who do ok - they dont worry about things, dont go bald and they just chill

the worrying kind, the 'there will be peace on earth' kind like that poster are more likely to have a nervous breakdown - they'd probably have a panic attack on the way to work thinking "did i put those peas back in the freezer?" and when they get home and realise they didnt, it's the end of the world

Dont worry dazzle - you keep on posting. i'll take all the flack :up:

American crowds - Worst in the world. Anyone would of thought they were forced to go with a gun behind their head.

Yeah I didn't think much of the crowd either, but I think the whole event was a bit anti-climax really. Dull weather, dull sets and lighting. Maybe would have been better at night.. or in November when he won and everyone was on top of the world.

Yeah I didn't think much of the crowd either, but I think the whole event was a bit anti-climax really. Dull weather, dull sets and lighting. Maybe would have been better at night.. or in November when he won and everyone was on top of the world.

I was there... it was COLD. Sorry, but everyone had been there since 8, 9, or 10am. We were all quite frozen. Still a good time, but don't expect everyone to be jumping around when we couldn't feel our toes!

No
I think it was a good reflection on how Obama will do

A bit dull, huge anti-climax

Back
Top Bottom