In The Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
In The Way

Obstacles of possession,
in the way people stand
my road is heading west
but they turn me east instead.

I want to be a singer
just sing my song of love
they say I’ll never make it
why they do I’ll never know.

I want to feed the hungry
end poverty and disease
but once again the obstacles
keep standing in the way.

They say it doesn’t hurt to try
even though I may fail
but the hurt keeps coming back
when a child starves to death.

I want to do so much
to make the world a better place
except those damn obstacles
keep evil at my door.

They say it all works out in the end...
is the end what the world does seek
when obstacles stand tall
and not friendship, hope or peace.
Mankind justifies promises
they never intend to keep
blame it on the obstacles
it’s the easiest recourse.

In a circle....round they go...
on a giant merry-go-round
when it stops.....
then we all will know
who holds the golden ring.

8-19-05

carol
wizard2c
:|

-----------------------------
"Don't go riding that long black train........because the devil's driving that long black train"...Josh Turner

Your commentaries are always intriguing...

I hope that these 'obstacles' sort themselves out........

I am compelled to say this, though, my reaction - - - -

Education

When will we learn
That to love is to show
Show how to live
And not show how to die
When will we take our PRIDE...

Not take, no...... show it
Show how human we are, and not the savages we seem
Disrespect life as if it were just passing tides

Or is that all we are?
Don't we care to learn

The oldest definition of insanity was someone who tried the same thing over and over and over again, expecting a different result.

So I wonder about the world
Are we really sane?

It's easy to say what to do
But not how to do it
It's easy to let see it
The dream
Our dilemma........

The first lesson is to let go
To learn how to kneel
And ask not for yourself
But what is best
Not just for your neighbors

But for your family
Your sisters
Your brothers
(Your brother on the other side of the world)
(Your sister across the street who looks different than you do)

We are not 'only children'.........

We are all in this together.......
wheather it is seen as such or not

You are so correct, For Honor, except I only hope there's time......

carol
wizard2c
:|

I believe there will only be time if we make time

But I suspect "mankind" may need a wizards assistance in such a thing..... who knows.......

:wink: It's really nice wath both of you have wrote!!!

"They say it doesn’t hurt to try
even though I may fail
but the hurt keeps coming back
when a child starves to death."
We can't run away from it, hide and think that it will go away, we have to face it!!! And when we'll face it, we'll face ourselves too, we'll face the choice that we made to do something or not!!! As much as their situation is hard, painful, heartbreaking...our choice is directly connected with them, with their LIVES!!!
Something lay on our shoulders, something powerful that we call: EQUALITY...don't push it away coz it'll always come back...until we actually do something!!!!

I agree with you For Honor a part of the solution is Education!!!
Mankind, Respect, Equality, Justice, will all save us in the end!:wink:

:wink: I guess it's the hope of every U2-Fan coz, I guess and hope that they all feel touch and disturb by that feeling!!!
I hope that, like us, they feel the need to do something!!!

Maybe..... things like the internet will help

Make people more and more aware that the world is much more than...... than what is outside our door.

What is outside my door

is....

A rather unresounding calm. A flat calm
But a calm

There are no cries, no gunshots, no war chants, no fears.

The problem is that the self cultivation that should come along with such a calm, the responsibility that should be taken up, is lost.

The idleness.......

But I suppose it is difficult to look past what you see with your own eyes......

But I suppose it is difficult to look past what you see with your own eyes......

But we have to make the EFFORT to look past our own eyes!!!
It's not just because we can't not see it that it doesn't exist! And if it exist where you live, you shouldn't close your eyes, open them wide and make something to change that unfortunate situation!!!
If everyone could have the power to open just a little one eye, look over their shoulder to see what is happening...and thry to do something...:(

Indeed.....

Some people, though, seem set against doing such a thing. And I really dislike the excuse of "Well, in 50 years, I'll be dead anyways", or similar.

It's not really about 'you', if you clearly understand things....

I never liked individualism much...... but that's another story.

-----------------------------

I hope things like the internet, as I said, and other global things, will eventually get people to see. See what is going on, and that we can make a difference.

Using wizard2c's words.....
If we can see all the dilema's, all the situations all over the world that need improvement, then maybe that will prompt us to go forth with the dream, the dream of a better world.

Now.... from a much different view point......
I wonder...........

Really, is it possible? Is it natural....
Can man exist with out bickering and babbeling?
Is that an essential part of our nature, fighting and warfare?

Or perhaps that;s just it - that removing such pety squabbles would elevate us, and we could, so to say, evolve into something greater....

If you think about it, if the world spent no more money on nucular weapons, guns, tanks, etc..........

Imagine what it could be spent on... healthcare, and also, making life better all over the world. I suppose the real last frontier would be space, and exploration of the universe

But I have always wondered if our stupid fighting would get in the way of that, and perhaps take away from great discoveries.
ANd ultimately...... if we could find a way to keep living, even after our sun dies............

But we can't even feed ourselves, non the less function as a whole human race :|

:( I understand your point. But someone have once said that war is not in the human genes...so it's not NORMAL!!! People who says that war is within every human being: NO...I believe more that Peace would be in our genes...don't know if there's been any resarch on it though...:(

I trully believe that we can "elevate" ourselves to a point of a greater life, more peaceful and joyful! But at which cost...
People are dying every f**** day because of war, famine, diseases, lack of money... They are bearing that cross every single day...

Money could be spend more wisely, war brings power for world leaders, we know that, but it also brings countless deaths that we, people fortunate, bear. So part of the problem lays in these countries, blablabla...but a part of it lay over our shoulder and every single day the height is getting heavier...

So, to change humanity into something more "beautiful", we have to help them, brotherhood, equality...

In the end, I believe in that "dream", I hope someday it will become "REALITY"! It's not wistful dreaming, I'm realistic about the future, we can't achive that into one slap of fingers...but ask me if we can do it or not: I 'll anwser: YES!!!

I know what you mean.

But humans, I believe, can go either way. Hate or love. Two different roads. In my opinion, two different ways the mind works.

I think naturally, the humankind wants peace. But when that is distorted, when you don't get what you want, I suppose that is a very good indicator of character, and who you are.

I don't beleive a person is born a certain way though - I think that's BS. Everyhuman is alive - every human is capable of change. All things change....

:wink: Of course everything change, humans are also capable of change!!!

I also, me too, believe into your 2 minds: Love or Hate!!!
These "feelings" are inside every single human, they do exist. But the choice lays on our shoulders for which one of them we'll choose for a living! Human can be capable of the most dangerous and horrible actions, think about Hiroshima, World War II,... But they can also be the activists of the most beautiful actions: UN and other organizations like that...

Hate and Love are two distinct things, they are inside ourselves, but WE have to make the choice to worship one or another!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom