I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight Remix Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Crazy Mix is the best?

• Fish Out Of Water Mix

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Redanka Kick The Darkness Vocal Mix

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Redanka Kick The Darkness Instrumental Mix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sparks Of Light Dub

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Dirty South Club Mix

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Dirty South Radio Mix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single Version

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Album Version

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The Magnificent remixes got their own thread back in the Spring, but the Crazy remixes have been around for a few months now and I don't see any thread dedicated to them. Somebody finally sent them to me today and I need to talk about them.

Vote for your favorite. Appreciate.

I think the Redanka Kick The Darkness Vocal mix is better than the album version. As the core of the live versions, it kicks ass.

But the revelation for me has been the Fish Out Of Water mix. Wow. Oh my. The poppy falsetto repetition chorus over the techno instrumentation....holy shit, this is the best U2 remix I've heard in a long, long time. WOW. :combust: I think THIS mix could've been a huge hit, given that smooth, poppy-as-hell chorus.

Discuss.

The Fish Out Of Water mix is insane. I love it. It reminds me of the extended dance remix of LWTSH (which I consider U2's finest remix).

Kick The Darkness Vocal and Fish Out Of The Water are both better than the album version, imo. i've actually made a fun NLOTH playlist with the remixes of Crazy and Boots:

No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Breathe
Stand Up Comedy
Crazy Tonight (Kick The Darkness Vocal)
Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix)
Fez - Being Born
White As Snow
Winter
Cedars Of Lebanon

my playlist ftw.

Album version. It's efficient for what was "designed" for and it's the key-song of te decade if we thing about of what song represents U2's sonority and lyric attitude for this decade.

Although U2 has a few good/great remixes (specially in the 90's), I'm definitely not a fan of most remixes. I actually believe that 80% of the remixes of U2 2000's songs are pure uninteresting trash. "Crazy Tonight" remixes are among those.

Oh, and I still think that the live version of this song is an atrocity.

Kick The Darkness Vocal and Fish Out Of The Water are both better than the album version, imo. i've actually made a fun NLOTH playlist with the remixes of Crazy and Boots:

No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Breathe
Stand Up Comedy
Fez - Being Born
White As Snow
Winter
Cedars Of Lebanon

my playlist ftw.

just made an edit to the playlist. i'll post this in the Alternate Tracklist thread too:

No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender
Unknown Caller
White As Snow
Breathe
Stand Up Comedy
Fez - Being Born
Winter
Cedars Of Lebanon

I'm torn between the fish out of water mix and the dirty south mix. I like the uniqueness of the fish out of water mix, but I really like the club house-ish sound of the dirty south mix.

I've never been a big fan of the U2 remixes, but there have been a lot of good ones from this album.

GOYB - Justice remix - love it!

I've enjoyed all the Magnificent and Crazy remixes. I really like the Fish Out of Water mix, the Dirty South mix and the Redanka one that the concert version is based on.

I've never been a big fan of the U2 remixes, but there have been a lot of good ones from this album.

GOYB - Justice remix - love it!

I've enjoyed all the Magnificent and Crazy remixes. I really like the Fish Out of Water mix, the Dirty South mix and the Redanka one that the concert version is based on.

I have to echo this...previous to this album I would have called the Lemon Perfecto and maybe Even Better remixes my favorite (Lady With The Spinning Head is still #1 but I have a hard time thinking of it as a remix per se). The others like the Discotechque, Mofo, Numb etc...I can barely stomach them.

But now when I go listen to that Lemon Perfecto against these current ones it sounds so dated and...I dunno...typical (?) compared to them.

They've really taken hold of me and to be honest I listen to them more than their album versions :lol:

Back
Top Bottom