If you could see one U2 concert, or era... what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
LOVETOWN...

Streets, All I Want, Out Of Control, Love Rescue Me, Van Diemen's Land, 40...

Bono provided some of the most passionate vocals, Edge let loose... the band just was glad the 80s was over.

Why didn't the band ever play Sunday Bloody Sunday during Lovetown? They last played it 1987 and then again on 1992...

Notre Dame, 10-10-2001, their first concert after 9/11.
NYC, 10-24-2001.

The emotional intensity of those concerts must have been astonishing.

Plus, I love the Elevation tour anyway -- at the top of their game, a more intimate show.

Joshua Tree Tour
or Lovetown

I loved to be at the concert where they shot "Pride" for Rattle and Hum :drool: :drool: does anyone know which concert that was?

Too many to choose from, UF, JT, Lovetown or ZooTV. I have to plump for Zoo TV, I saw 9 Zoo TV shows, I was still at school, but if I'd had money I'd have gone to as many as possible. Greatest show I've ever seen in my life. Perfect!

Early days, and I mean really early days. Almost going back to The Hype days....

The Dandelion market gigs...their first tour of Engalnd...

Intimate shows, forgotten tunes, legends in the making....

theu2fly said:
Why didn't the band ever play Sunday Bloody Sunday during Lovetown? They last played it 1987 and then again on 1992...

From my understanding, twas simply because they got sick of singing it while all the trouble in Ireland was still happening.

As far as the question goes, ad like to witness pre UF live, as av witnessed in person every tour since, except Lovetown.

Up until this year I would have said ZooTV for sure, but now I think it's being edged out by Lovetown. Hawkmoon and God Part II... :drool:
Tough choice between that and Mysterious Ways + Zoo-era Bullet/RTSS... :hmm:

gman said:

From my understanding, twas simply because they got sick of singing it while all the trouble in Ireland was still happening.

As far as the question goes, ad like to witness pre UF live, as av witnessed in person every tour since, except Lovetown.

Yes, I think that the concert they performed the night of the Eniskilin bombings in 87 resulted in what they believed to be the definitive version of Sunday Bloody Sunday (as covered in Rattle and Hum) and that there was no point in performing it again. At one point in 89 during an interview Bono actually said he could never see himself singing the song again. Of course he changed his mind.

DevilsShoes said:

Yes, I think that the concert they performed the night of the Eniskilin bombings in 87 resulted in what they believed to be the definitive version of Sunday Bloody Sunday (as covered in Rattle and Hum) and that there was no point in performing it again. At one point in 89 during an interview Bono actually said he could never see himself singing the song again. Of course he changed his mind.

Could be time to give it a rest again, though not for political reasons this time.

I agree Gav. I think the song peaked JT tour. Since then, for me, its been like they feel obliged to sing it but their hearts not in it.

gman said:
I agree Gav. I think the song peaked JT tour. Since then, for me, its been like they feel obliged to sing it but their hearts not in it.

I know, I still don't feel why the band feels the need to perform this and certain others every single night. Bullet needs to take a tour out, but the band obviously love it, even though it was never a single and (to my knowledge), not really a fan favourite. Bono I feel definitely is going through the motions some nights, it would be impossible for him not to. He's singing the words to Pride, but I'm not sure really feeling them any longer, he's sang it so many times he doesn't even have to think, he just reels the words off.

If i had my very own Time machine that could also teleport me anywhere in the world.......I would like to see the following tours:

11 O'CLOCK TICK TOCK
BOY
OCTOBER
WAR
THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
CONSPIRACY OF HOPE
THE JOSHUA TREE
LOVETOWN
ELEVATION

:D

Latest posts

Back