If the U2 of 20 years ago could see themselves today, What would they say?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumpmanst

The Fly
Edge:Thats a big stack
Larry: We're Still playing An Cat Dubh?
Adam: I must of taken Bass Lessons
Bono: Yup

Edge: WHERE THE FUCK'S MY HAIR?!

Larry: Imagine the girls I could be pulling if I started working out NOW!

Adam: You mean to say I lost the afro but I STILL aint found a wife!?

Bono: Africa? That's somewhere near China right?

:lmao:

Larry: This anti-aging cream really DOES work then :hmm:

Edge: 5 kids? Wow. :sick:

Adam: I don't drink?! Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen.....

Bono: What was so bad about the mullet?

I don't have a joke, but I'm sure they would be pleased, and surprised, they were still together, and still very popular. It would blow their minds beyond their wildest dreams.

Aardvark747 said:
Edge: WHERE THE FUCK'S MY HAIR?!

Larry: Imagine the girls I could be pulling if I started working out NOW!

Adam: You mean to say I lost the afro but I STILL aint found a wife!?

Bono: Africa? That's somewhere near China right?

If Adam hasn't found a wife, he can come to the lower east side of Milwaukee. There's a sassy, yet posh redhead on Farwell Avenue who hasn't found a husband.

All: How the fuck did we let THIS happen?!

Seriously, though...this is something which is often on my mind as well...just imagine the U2 of Boy-October being played stuff being played the Unforgettable Fire! Even that's a massive leap...then showing them a ZOO TV or Popmart Show! :ohmy:

Edge: Who would have thought a skinny guitar geek like me would turn sexy and end up with a belly dancer??

Larry would shoot himself before he would ever let Popmart happen:wink:

Adam: So, let me get this straight - In 2005, the fro is gone, I can't drink anymore, and you took all the best bass-y songs out of the live set? Did you even LISTEN to that Pop record we apparently recorded? Mofo? Last Night On Earth? Gone? Miami? Please? Not even this UTEOTW song on a regular basis anymore? I can't believe -

Larry: Shut up, there are more important things at hand. WHO THE BLOODY HELL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS PASSENGERS THING?!

Edge: Who cares about that?! It's not even under our own name!! How can you be worrying about something trivial like that when my hair is GONE?! And more importantly, do I ever take that stupid hat off? Like, when I take showers, do I take it off or does it stay on? WHY ARE THERE NO PHOTOS OF ME WITHOUT THE STUPID FUCKNG HAT?! AND BONO, ENOUGH WITH THE FRUIT GLASSES ALREADY!

Bono: The glasses are LEAST of my problems! I'm singing opera and working with conservative republicans in 2005? Something HORRIBLE must have happened to me over the years! Somebody must have brainwashed me, but who, who would - ROLLINS. :mad: That bastard Henry Rollins always hated us. I bet he tried to ruin me to get rid of U2!

Edge/Larry/Adam(in unison): What are you saying, we couldn't go on without you? Why you - the people in the future are right, you ARE an egomaniac!

Bono: Relax! I bet that bastard hates us even more since his brainwashing scheme only served to make us even more popular -my work for Africa in the future is giving you guys MAJOR publicity!

Edge/Larry/Adam(in unison): We HAD MAJOR publicity before you even took up with them all throughout the 90s!

Larry: :screams: : points at future U2, terrified: Is that - am I - my hair - is it a - am I wearing a - IS THAT A BLOODY FUCKING MULLET ON MY HEAD!?!??!?!?!?!?

Bono: What is so WRONG about a mullet?

Edge/Larry/Adam(in unison): IT'S THE WORST IDEA FOR HAIR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!

Bono: They're not that bad! Tell you what, Lawrance, if you're that embarassed by your mullet in the future, I'll let you hide in my car whenever there are cameras, then I'll drive you away...

Edge/Larry/Adam(in unison): Then we could never tour agai...THEY STILL LET YOU HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENCE IN 2005?!

(fighting ensues)

namkcuR said:

Bono: They're not that bad! Tell you what, Lawrance, if you're that embarassed by your mullet in the future, I'll let you hide in my car whenever there are cameras, then I'll drive you away...

Edge/Larry/Adam(in unison): Then we could never tour agai...THEY STILL LET YOU HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENCE IN 2005?!

(fighting ensues)

:lol:

Edge: *listening to Bullet the Blue Sky from ZooTV* :drool: who made this?

Adam: We did, apparently.

Edge: You mean...I...? :faint:

Bono: What the hell does "achtung" mean? And what's with all this zoo stuff??

Larry: More importantly, why are these album titles so bloody long? How to Dis...Dis...who the fook is gonna remember how to even say it?!

Adam: Must've been Bono's idea.

Bono: Why is everything my fault?

Larry: Hmm, at least I'm still the best looking one...

AtomicBono said:

Bono: What the hell does "achtung" mean? And what's with all this zoo stuff??

Larry: More importantly, why are these album titles so bloody long? How to Dis...Dis...who the fook is gonna remember how to even say it?!

Adam: Must've been Bono's idea.

Bono: Why is everything my fault?

Larry: Hmm, at least I'm still the best looking one...

:laugh: :up:

Adam: Ladies will be calling me the "Silver Fox?" Brilliant!

Bono: I actually got something done with my ranting?!

Edge: I have how many guitars?!!!

Larry: I let Bono near my drums?!

Edge/Larry/Adam - You wrote possibly the most boring song ever, "grace"?
Bono - It's not my fault. See the people who put it on the album in place of Summer Rain. And that reminds me - you actually made music for it?
Larry - Here we go. It's the Love Rescue Me argument all over again.

Larry - Who came up with the name 'Original of the species' and 'love and peace or else'. Ooh, make sure there's love and peace in the world :angel: or else...:macdevil:

Boring lyrics? You mean. (I don't mind the lyrics but that discussion, that's for another forum)

I like the bass on Grace. Think Adam played almost all the songs on ATYCLB without a pick.

Adam of 20 years ago would be quite proud of the bass player he's become.

Last edited:
These are all great!!! I could really picture the guys saying some of these things!!!!:lol: :laugh: :lmao:

Bono: 'Well it has confirmed what I already knew, I am God and forever shall be God'

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom