I Walk The Line Tribute Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:
Here's the boys.

so this post was at 8:24pm...

I assume U2 comes on around 8:23pm... does it start right after a commercial break or are they after someone?

I just want to tape it as flawlessly as possible!
Thanks!!

corianderstem said:
Thanks, inmyplace13!

Is your name a reference to the Coldplay song? That song is so beautiful ... it just shimmers. :heart:

Yeah, good to hear someone not talking shit for once.

hell no...
that was purely intentional...

i guarantee they came up with that in rehearsal...

"hey what if we sang a bit of del shannon's runaway here?"
"alright, edge, but you do it. I can't hit those notes anymore"...

these guys have a jukebox in their heads...
after all, del shannon did have another song called "The Wanderer"

(as stated in my mistake above. HA!)

Tonite's setlist:
The Wanderer / Runaway (Snippet)

Ohhhh, man!!! That was awesome!!! SOOOOOOO beautiful!! Very well done, maybe it was a bit synth heavy but still cool! I really liked The Edge's vocals. I love this sog so much, I can't believe it! I so much wish they play it tonight!!!!!!

I hope someone posts a video for it!!! :drool:

Wow, downloaded the AAC, and this sounds great. People here bitch too much.

typhoon said:
Wow, downloaded the AAC, and this sounds great. People here bitch too much.

I agree - it sounds fantastic! I can't believe people are complaining about this! U2 fans have been waiting forever to hear Bono sing this - plus, most people assumed this song would never be performed live. I'm just happy it sounds so good!

Last edited:
Not bad at all (I really need to SEE Edge doing those backing vocals), but will the REAL Zooropa ever rear its head? All we've had is an acoustic Stay, a pianoless First Time, and a "normal" reworking of The Wanderer.

What I wouldn't do for a balls-out dance party of Lemon, or a very dirty guitar Dirty Day...

Clawgrabber said:
after all, del shannon did have another song called "The Wanderer"

Dion sang "The Wanderer"

Another interesting note, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were the band on Del Shannon's 1982 album "Get Down And Get Me." Petty produced it.

Petty and band were also on alot of Cash's most recent recordings.

inmyplace13 said:

Yeah, good to hear someone not talking shit for once.

dude, don't take any shit from anyone for loving Coldplay.

They are great and we should be so lucky to have new bands look to U2 for their inspirations!

All the work that Coldplay does to MAKE TRADE FAIR is extremely important!

MrBrau1 said:

Dion sang "The Wanderer"

Another interesting note, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were the band on Del Shannon's 1982 album "Get Down And Get Me." Petty produced it.

Petty and band were also on alot of Cash's most recent recordings.

yup. you got me there.
i have a very sparse knowledge of artists names from that era. but i know the songs well.

Dion. Hmm. Damn. Duly noted.

so much for "you can see why i was confused".
more like "i was just confused"

thanks for the tip.

Clawgrabber said:

yup. you got me there.
i have a very sparse knowledge of artists names from that era. but i know the songs well.

Dion. Hmm. Damn. Duly noted.

so much for "you can see why i was confused".
more like "i was just confused"

thanks for the tip.

My parents drilled all that early 60's pop/rock into my head when I was a child. That, and Doo-Wop.

Overall, I liked it.

Who here really expects U2 to play the most pop version of The Wanderer they could think of, or do you think they get the urge to do something creative once in a while?

It just showed here in Mountain Standard Time. Edge's falsetto was made for songs like this. I like how he does the bit at the end this time (he's been getting credit for it for 12 years, after all...).

Oh, and this means that "Some Days Are Better Than Others" is now the only Zooropa song never to be played live.

Last edited:
Just saw it here in the mountain time zone.

That was absolutely amazing! I have been waiting 12 years to hear that. It did not dissapoint. I wish Egde's guitar had been a bit louder but it was awesome anyway. Love the "wa wa wa's". The whole time I was just overwhelmed by the fact that I was watching Wanderer performed live. Why don't they add this to the tour?

it would have been awesome if after they ended the song they waited about 30 seconds and then edge started playing a piercing sharp guitar chord over and over again..........

;)

I liked it for the most part...quite liked Bono's vocals on this, appropriately restrained and pretty smooth. Really liked Edge at the end, but wasn't too keen on the wa-wa-wa-wa-wanderin' vocals, think it detracted from the song. Otherwise, very cool, and very cool they finally decided to perform it live. :up:

That was an amazing performance.....the best of that show by far and I was expecting them to play the song but I didnt expect them to play it that good...that would be a great closing song for every show!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom