I thought I was a nice guy......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neverman

The Fly
Here's my monthly confession.

I thought I was a nice guy until this past week..where it turns out I have a spiteful and revengful streak, that I do not like.

I want to see a co-worker fired, and I want to be a part of making that happen.

I have tried to help him, I have tried to teach him, I have suggested books, and certain tools...but I get nothing but cocky attitude in return.....and this has made me very bitter.

I have been plotting ways all weekend to get him removed from my department.....and then I feel badly for thinking this way ( see my journal)

Anyway...this is my soul cleansing confession. Let's hope for the best for me and this guy.....

Thanks for taking time to read.

Resist the temptation at all costs. Doing that kind of thing at work tends to come back and bite you in the ass. If this guy is as terrible as you claim, hopefully he will eventually get himself fired without any help from you.

Things that work well:

- IcyHot (or Flexall 454, etc.) under the doorknob
- Elmers Glue in the door keyhole

As long as you're creative about it, it's okay. :macdevil: :angel:

:wink:

Bono's shades said:
Resist the temptation at all costs. Doing that kind of thing at work tends to come back and bite you in the ass. If this guy is as terrible as you claim, hopefully he will eventually get himself fired without any help from you.

I agree. These things tend to work themselves out, just wait it out.

I agree with TheBrush.

I know how collegues can be annoying and disturbing.
I just hope you will find the way to stay calm and not let this effect all your day!

Bono's shades said:

Good idea :up:.

That's not to say that I don't understand where you're coming from, though, neverman. Like stated, I think we've all got our own stories of people we work with/go to school with who drive us up the wall.

Angela

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies....

I think letting him hang himself without my help is a better way to go.

As a matter of fact, I think I will even find a way to be a better friend to him.

Once again, thanks for saving me from myself :)

Have a great week.

Usually if there's an annoying co-worker, their bad karma will come back to bite them in the ass.

Case in point: a former co-worker of mine who was/is always negative and nasty to most of us is now getting her comeuppance, by my former boss talking to her about her attitude and performance. :up:

All in due time...

Back
Top Bottom