I once stole..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
60 cents from the coffee cup jar at my mom's work bc I wanted to get something from the vending machine. I felt so guilty that I confess to my mom that night, the next day I had to go to work with her and give the principal the money back :eek: Yes I know 60 cents doesnt seem like a big deal but I was 10yrs old then :lol:

grr stupid catholic guilt :mad:

Speaking of stealing, My sister's car was broken into again for the 2nd time in little over a month:madspit:

Any other thieves out there?? :lmao:

I already got everything that I want :|

since you confessed to your mom and gave the money back I wonder whether technically we can still label this as stealing :hmm:

I stole some handwritten lyrics from David Byrne of the talking heads.............:reject: he he he........he just dropped them on stage after the song was finsihed...some guy grabbed them but folded it up and left them on the stage under some wires...to make a long story short.....after the show the guy jumped up and tried to grab the set list I spotted the lyrics still under the wires swooped in....grabbed them, shoved them into my boyfriends hands and we ran out of the club and all the way downn the street ...now the lyrics are frammed and on the wall in our house:wink:

.....normally I might feel bad about it but that guy was way too greedy to try to grab the set list and the lyrics....he should have guarded those lyrics closer.....also my boyfriend wanted those lyrics from the moment David Byrne took them out of his pocket....he still talks about it all the time how amazed he is that I did such a thing:love: :cute:

Last edited:
Salome said:

since you confessed to your mom and gave the money back I wonder whether technically we can still label this as stealing :hmm:

We can bc I stole 60 cents but told my mom that it was only 25 cents. So I guess this a lying-stealing confession, technically:sexywink::laugh:

When I had a real job and worked in a real office, we had one of those "honor system" snack stands where you were supposed to pay for what you took and the guy would come once a week and collect the money and refill the stand. If someone didn't pay, my employer was liable for making up the difference.

I was really short on cash back then and for 3 or 4 weeks, I helped myself to a back of chips one day, an oatmeal cookie the next...without paying :reject:

I didn't realize that all my coworkers were doing it too and we ended up getting billed for $30 or $40 worth of snacks the first month. I was the one who talked my boss into getting it in the first place so I was the one who got yelled at and was told to warn everyone that stealing would not be tolerated...he never suspected that I was the biggest thief of all :eek:

The snack box was removed shortly thereafter :grumpy:

when i was a lil kid i once stole a barbie doll from Pic N Save lol.

I have an '89 Chevy Beretta, and my dad has a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix...he always drives my car and lets me drive his. That's pretty nice. He has a lot of change in the console, and I find myself spending it occasionally, thinking it's not that big of a deal. Then we were in my car one day, and he needed a quarter. There was some change laying around in my car, and I said, "There's some right there!" He said, "I can't take that...that's yours!"

I felt soooooooooo guilty.......:reject:

I ended up stocking his console back up with change. :lol:

Bono's American Wife said:
When I had a real job and worked in a real office, we had one of those "honor system" snack stands where you were supposed to pay for what you took and the guy would come once a week and collect the money and refill the stand. If someone didn't pay, my employer was liable for making up the difference.
yes, we had the same thing at a place i used to work at too! once the manager started treating me like shit, i started helping myself to stuff. i'd go back with my change purse in my hand, and not pay a dime for anything! people went back there all the time for snacks so there was no way it could be thought it was me.

my brother stole a sweet from a pick n mix once my great granny thought it was hilarious and my mum started shouting at him for walking out with a whole bag of sweets when in fact my great gran filled the bag for him and told him to wait for her in the car :shifty:

My Mum: Thats what you get from your fathers side of the family

:shifty: :laugh:

I stole some candy bars and chips here and there from the local convenience store when I was 10 or so.

Otherwise it's mostly been small change from my parents' and stepbrother's change jars, as well as a cookie here and there from work.

Probably about 250 bucks worth of stuff in total, but it's all little stuff that adds up over time. I don't do it anymore.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, we had the same thing at a place i used to work at too! once the manager started treating me like shit, i started helping myself to stuff. i'd go back with my change purse in my hand, and not pay a dime for anything! people went back there all the time for snacks so there was no way it could be thought it was me.

I have also done this...

I never got in trouble though, there was just a note on the snack box one day. "Please pay, we were $25.00" like you, lots of people went back there and few remembered to pay!

But I was the worst one...because I would put less money in and figure whatever extra was in the box would make up that extra stuff. But they probably DID suspect me, since I was the chunkiest girl there. :reject: And it was because the job was sucky that I was always going back there to snack. Between the free sodas and snack box, good lord. :uhoh:

I used to take toys from Barnes and Noble too.

:hmm: i can't recall ever having stolen anything, not even as a kid.

unless you count the occassional blank disk or cd i *borrow* from work :silent:

one time, when my brother and i were kids, (we must have been around 10 years old) we were at the grand opening of one of the grocery stores. piggly wiggly if i recall correctly. just after my mom had checked out, my brother who had been off by himself looking at toys and candy and cereal and stuff like kids too, ran over to my mom carrying a box of cereal to ask her if she would buy it. of course she said "no" and he went and put the box back.

the next day the headline for the grocery store opening was "boy steals loaf of bread" and the article said how he ran past the checkout lines, and there was a picture of my brother with the cereal box (which wasn't a loaf of bread) :laugh:

I once stole a Lamborghini.

:shrug:

No really, I once did steal Chantelle's purple chalk and I will clearly never get over this as it happened about...20 years ago? She had it and I wanted it. She had LOTS of chalk in her chalk box though. It was like a chalk crack house at her place. The girl must have eaten the stuff. She had more toys than a toy shop and a single mother who 'worked nights and wore exotic clothes'. She is probably in counselling now and I stole from this girl who lived in one of those material worlds which try to make up for other shortfalls. :sad: She didn't live near me very long.
So there you have it. I stole purple chalk off a girl who had the as then unknown shame of a prostitute mother and was lonely in a material world. I am terrible. The girl needed a friend and I stole her chalk.

I am evil.
:(

The only thing I have ever stolen is a cheap necklace; it was literally $2.95 and it probaly cost about 15 cents to make. It's a black cord with a gold-colored elephant charm. I sold them on my little gift cart at the zoo about 5 years ago, and one day I thought it would be fun to wear one. When I got home I realized I still had it on, and I had walked out with two supervisors that day, so I figured I'd keep it. It's now hanging from the rearview mirror in my car; someone told me an elephant with its trunk up is good luck, and I haven't had much bad luck since I took it!

I once took a necklace as a kid, I remember now...

It was plastic chain necklace. The funny thing was, I found it laying on a floor. I said "Mom, can I have that?" and she said "I guess so, someone must have lost it."

Well, we got to the register and lo and behold, there was a whole rack of them...it wasn't a lost necklace at all! But happily, I decided I liked one of the other colors better and traded...

My mom lectured me when she found out. :| But I think there's a photo of my sister wearing it, so maybe I was guilt-ridden and gave it to her. :)

THERE ARE TWO CLASSES OF STEALING. ONE IS DIRECTLY FROM A PERSON AND THE OTHER IS LATENT LARCENY, SHOPLIFTING. now I have never ever stole from a person, but growing up shoplifting was like a sport. My friends and I would steal things for the rush or the challenge. Most of the time it was for good causes, I was like an adolescent Robin Hood. I once took or requisitioned, as we called it, four gallons of milk, two in each hand and a bag of apples hung from my mouth. And I winked at the manager as I left. But I slipped them in people carts as they left the store. one time we took a couch from a large department store, placed it outside and sat on it. we almost got in trouble that time! ahh! good times, until we were of legal age atleast!

The lot next door to my house that is mostly cleared but no one has built yet, they had these wonderful plants! One evening, right about dusk, I got my shovel and went and dug one up!

vlasak said:
The lot next door to my house that is mostly cleared but no one has built yet, they had these wonderful plants! One evening, right about dusk, I got my shovel and went and dug one up!

Before BAW, I lived in a condo by myself; my kids were small and I had them every other weekend...next to our building, a nursery went out of business but they left behind oodles and oodles of potted plants.

During their weekend visits, the kids and I would march over after darkness and give new life to the abused, left behind plants...I had more greenery in my condo than anyone else!!!

Not really stealing, just a matter of relocation! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom