How tall is Larry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Height may be very close but Bono definitely has the shorter legs... Can't find it but there's this photo (think it's early HTDAAB) of them sitting along the railroad tracks with their legs dangling and you can see Bono's legs stop a few inches higher up than Larry's and everyone else's... :giggle:

Pop Artist said:
Height may be very close but Bono definitely has the shorter legs... Can't find it but there's this photo (think it's early HTDAAB) of them sitting along the railroad tracks with their legs dangling and you can see Bono's legs stop a few inches higher up than Larry's and everyone else's... :giggle:

That photo cracks me up for that exact reason. In Bono's words:

BP Fallon: What would you like to have that you don't?
Bono: Feet. My legs just seem to end.

Larry also has very LARGE feet, compared to Bono's little ones... i think it might be the same railroad picture that shows their feet...

Bomb_bandfeet.jpg

:wink:

BGD75 said:
I've met all of them.... To answer your Larry question... He is about 5'9" MAX. He also wear 1" high shoes.... so minus shoes I'd give him 5'9". Adam is definitely taller than 5'10".... He is more like 6'. And Bono is NO WAY taller than 5'6".... I am that tall and he stood 1" away from me....believe me..he is a tiny guy.

When I first saw them up close this tour, I was taken back a bit at how little Bono was, he seems to a giant in all other aspects, it is hard to believe that such a voice comes out of that man. I'm only 5,5 and I usually like taller guys, my hubby is 6,1 but Good things also come in small packages!

Pop Artist said:

Look at Bono sitting in a conventional chair...only his toes touch the ground. Must be uncomfortable. I saw a pic of him leaning against a pool table (usually 31" high), and subtracting for his high heels, I figure his waist is 33-34" off the ground.
Now look at him standing next to Ali - she's really tiny! 5'1-2"?
All that said, it's interesting but...I don't care that he is short. He's smart, caring, impish, charismatic, dynamic, decent, has a mind like a steel trap and is a real goose. What could be better? :D

Bono and Larry are different kinds of short. Bono is short with short little legs, Larry's legs are more in proportion to the rest of him (and he's a skinny little whip of a thing too). I myself am shorter than both of them, but at least I don't have short legs (nor am I a skinny thing like Larry!)

I dare say though, I think Bono's feet are a bit smaller than mine!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I could be totally wrong, by my understanding of their heights is thus:

Bono: 5'6"
Larry: 5'7"
Edge: 5'10"
Adam: 5'10"

And that's what I'll continue to believe :wink:

I have never met any of the boys but ,I have read many times
that Bono is 5'8 so can we please give him the two inches ?

I've never met one of them but I believe those who did and say that Larry is about 5'7'' (one or two inches taller with shoes of course) and Bono 5'6'' max.
I rather believe them than a site or a magazine. But that's my opinion :(

Edit: Larrys height is correct, but Bono's isn't. You don't really wanna tell me that you believe Bono is 5'9 or 5'8?? Never! With shoes he maybe is but not without them.

http://www.celebheights.com/s/-Bono-433.html

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Larry-Mullen-Jr-3354.html

Last edited:
haha.... close call here....:wink:

yep...it's hard to say, but having seen the Vertigo Tour 5 times, I can tell you that Larry is not taller than Bono..... During LAPOE it was obvious..... they might be the same, but he's not taller. Even with Bono's shoes.....

:huh: I didn't say that Larry was taller than Bono, I said he was shorter! Do you wanna talk in German???:wink: Also, ja Ich glaube, dass Larry kleiner als Bono ist..... was meinst du darüber?

Ok, war ein schreibfehler ^^''

... :sad: Hättest du nicht gleich mit mir in Deutsch schreiben können? Egal, ne, ich denke nicht dass Larry kleiner ist. Ich denke sie sind etwa gleich groß, wobei Larry vielleicht ein paar cm größer ist, also Bono ist etwa 167/168-169cm und Larry 170cm. Kein großer Unterschied eigentlich, aber naja, ich denke sie sind in etwa gleichgroß, so vom Groben her.

according to U2 faqs larry is 5'6" (170 cm) and Bono is 5'8"(172 cm) and larry indeed IS the shortest member of the band, check pics and vids of them walking next to each other... larry is the shortest one, not Bono!

:tsk: Larry's posture is different, when he's walking or standing he does not stand upright. Look at the band pics. Larry is small but I still think Bono's smaller even though it's only 1 or 2 inches

Sometimes Edge seems to be smaller than Bono or Larry so... you know what I mean..

5. How tall is Bono?

He's not.

In previous versions of the FAQS, their heights were listed as: Bono 5'-8, Edge 5'-10, Adam 5'-10, and Larry 5'-7. These were supplied years ago by someone associated with the U2 World Service, making them the closest thing to "official" we have. But each height listed is generally considered to be a couple inches too tall by fans who have stood next to a band member. Bono's friend Gavin Friday has let it slip that Bono is 5'-6-and-a-half.
From U2faqs.com

@GG I'm 171cm and I don't care if Bono's shorter than me. He's always wearing these shoes so it doesn't matter :ohmy: (for me)

Tall Galeongirl....!!! This is for you too
:hug:
I'm 6'5.... :wink: I never stood next to Bono, he was always on stage.... I guess it's better for him and for me as well....

Dahlia, it doesn't really matter who's right..... they are both short anyways....:bono: :larry:

Yahweh_OMG said:
Tall Galeongirl....!!! This is for you too
:hug:
I'm 6'5.... :wink: I never stood next to Bono, he was always on stage.... I guess it's better for him and for me as well....

Dahlia, it doesn't really matter who's right..... they are both short anyways....:bono: :larry:

:shocked: OMG YOU'RE A GIANT!!!!
ok so I missed one inch with larry... :)

Back
Top Bottom