How many of us are dealing with wind chills in the negatives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maro_chik said:

It's really not so bad though... Or maybe I'm in denial. I was outside wearing just a sweater collecting shopping carts from the parking lot at work this afternoon. Unpleasant, but not unbearable. :shrug:

I like the cold more than the heat though; when it's cold you can always add more layers. :cool:

spoken like a true canadian. total denial. :wink:

i would rather be overheated any day rather than freezing my ass off both inside and outside. it's such a hassle to get bundled up, shovel snow out of the way, wait for the car to heat up...

:mad:

i'm lazy, i just wanna walk outside as is, and get on with whatever i'm trying to do. winter is a pain in the butt.

this morning it was 2 F with a windchill of -14. at the moment it's 19 F and a windchill of 5. :|

the high in las vegas today was 65F.

i actually spent about an hour in the jacuzzi while chelsea and her friends swam in the pool. and the last time i checked, they were still serving free liquor.

...i don't think i belong in this thread. :uhoh:

Yes, it really is brutally cold in this part of the Sunbelt. I cannot imagine what it's like right now to live in the colder areas. No offense to Canadians, but I'm glad I'm not dealing with your weather right now.

We had a wind warning here a couple of hours ago. It was 70 km/h with gusts of up to 100 km/h.

The temperature was 5 degrees Celcius. I can't even imagine what it was with the wind chill. :ohmy:

U2_Muse said:
We had a wind warning here a couple of hours ago. It was 70 km/h with gusts of up to 100 km/h.

The temperature was 5 degrees Celcius. I can't even imagine what it was with the wind chill. :ohmy:

I'm sure with the wind chill, the temperature would have been about normal for December. We've been really lucky temperature-wise, so far. Don't worry, not all Canadians are suffering... yet!

I just had to add that last week, I saw I guy walking outside wearing a just a T-shirt and shorts. It was about +5. It's either global warming or the apocalypse. :uhoh:

Last edited:
beli said:
Do you mind if I say I dont understand what "wind chill" is. Sounds complicated.

*ducks snowballs, iceicles, and other exotic thingies*

The wind chill depends on the winds speed (IE, miles per hour). The stronger the wind the lower the wind chill. It could be 3 degrees outside but because of the speed of the wind it will feel like -6 degrees for an example. Does that make sense? I'm no meteorologist! :lol: ;)

Right now its 5 degrees here, suppose to get a couple of inches of snow tomorrow. I dont mind though, at least it will guarantee a white Christmas. I guess I'm one of the few that isnt bothered by the cold weather. I hate it when its 95 degrees with 90% humidity just as much if not more than when its cold. :shrug: Anywhere you go there is some form of bad weather or phenomena.

Last edited:
05ac995c.jpg

:|

Blue Room said:

The wind chill depends on the winds speed (IE, miles per hour). The stronger the wind the lower the wind chill. It could be 3 degrees outside but because of the speed of the wind it will feel like -6 degrees for an example. Does that make sense? I'm no meteorologist! :lol: ;)

So this is a bit like when Im perched on the front of a boat, eating mangos in my bikini, and due to the movement of the boat theres a bit of a chill in the air so I drap a piece of gauze over my person?

beli said:

So this is a bit like when Im perched on the front of a boat, eating mangos in my bikini, and due to the movement of the boat theres a bit of a chill in the air so I drap a piece of gauze over my person?

You do realize that those of us freezing our asses off up here are going to have to come there and beat you sensless, don't you? :mad:

Then again, if we take the time and effort to travel to OZ, perhaps hitting the beach would be a better use of our time... Hmmm...tough decision... :huh: :D

Blue Room said:

:up:

Basically when the wind blows, it feels colder than it actually is.

lmjhitman said:
I'm sure with the wind chill, the temperature would have been about normal for December. We've been really lucky temperature-wise, so far. Don't worry, not all Canadians are suffering... yet!

I just had to add that last week, I saw I guy walking outside wearing a just a T-shirt and shorts. It was about +5. It's either global warming or the apocalypse. :uhoh:

I've found the last couple of Decembers to be fairly warm (I can't say specifically about last year, as I was in NYC at this time, but the rest of December seemed unusually warm). I remember walking around on Whyte Ave and the temperature being something like +9. So I guess we can't complain to much... at least until January. :wink:

Walking around in a T-shirt and shorts at +5 almost seems reasonable considering that a couple of weeks ago when we had that cold spell of around -23, some guy was wearing the same thing. :ohmy:

martha said:
When I was shopping in Newport Beach today, it was 82 degrees F. No lie. I was sleeveless and comfortable. :wink:

I would so hate that at this time of year. That is one reason I have no plans to ever live in the far southern U.S.

I was watching the Weather Channel again tonight, and my old towns that I've lived in could actually see their lows below zero this week (sure, after I move away, they get the true cold winter weather...). It's thankfully supposed to get fairly cold here this week, but they're saying right now that Christmas Day our highs could be in the 40s...and I'm hoping that doesn't turn out to be true, 'cause if it is, that means that if we did get any snow this week, it'd melt. Hopefully it'll be a little colder than predicted that day.

Angela

beli said:
Cot.jpg

Perth today. Come on over. :wave:

That's me!!!!

Third from the left......

Oh it is so hard, icecream melting, strawberries, watermelon, stone fruit season....

Lifes a beach and then you die:wink:

It is so cold in Michigan! :scream: :mad:

Last night, I stayed at someone else's place...and he doesn't turn the heat on. :| :lol: :mad:

I have a spare room. It's 93 F here and it feels pretty nice and cool compared to what it used to be. :huh: Anyone for Christmas in the Sahara Desert? ;)

Can anyone top this as far as cold today??
Where I live (Ottawa), it's -43 with the windchill!!

-30°C Clear FEELS LIKE -43°C
WIND NW 19 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 56%
DEWPOINT -36°C
PRESSURE 102.09 kPa
VISIBILITY 32 km
CEILING unlimited

Updated : Monday December 20 2004, 9:00 EST - Ottawa Airport-43 -43

Last edited:
When I walked to work this morning it was like 10F (-12C) w/ -15F (-26C) windchill, and the wind was blowing solid.

Snot-freezing-in-your-nose-kids-can't-even-go-out-for-recess cold

A few more weeks and I'll be on the equator in the African summer :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom