Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me: Then or Now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Do you prefer the live performance from Popmart or from the current tour?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnclLMAsKB8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x37r9GlJ0q4&feature=related

Personally, I'd have to say I like it a lot better on the current tour. Bono's voice is just....:drool:....and I love the new intro so much, the "why so serious?" and the "what time is it in the world?....SHOWTIME". LOVE IT.

But also, back on Popmart when Bono would do his coughing fit and then shout out, "FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH" before the song really got rockin, that was awesome too.

Current tour. It's Pop with the Fly attitude. And the Showtime intro is frickin' awesome.
Agreed that the coughing fit was cool, but the wheelmic, laserjacket and the mic ride own that.

Popmart.

No changing lines from Bono, no repeated UV jacket/steering wheel mic.

POPMart
though that might just be because I don't think the song aged particularly well
so I enjoyed it more back then

Just listened to the first performance on 360 in Turin, when Bono screws up the line and is just like, "whatever, I'M BACK BITCHES" and keeps riding the mic and singing and dancing around...

"Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me, Kill Me" hahahaha

:drool:

Visually I much prefer the Popmart version. The intro with the MacPhisto sign. Bono's coughing fit (OK, maybe that's not really visual, but it's not singing either. BTW, at some concerts he would start with some hysterical laughing, going into the coughing fit, which was even more awesome). A gigantic Lara Croft, the gallery of deceased rock stars. All of this made the presentation of HMTMKMKM on Popmart awesome.
Having said that, I'm very glad that the song is back. It may replace UV at every concert I attend. :)

Hell, ANY HMTMKMKM is good HMTMKMKM. Such an awesome live song, be it under the Arch or the Claw. :drool::drool::drool:

I love both, glad it made an appearance on this tour, but I prefer Popmart. The intro on this tour is great though, but on this tour it doesn't have the same energy as Ultraviolet does, my personal opinion.

I like both of them, but the Popmart performance is pretty epic. The intro on the new one is really good too though.

it worked fast with Popmart cause it was just like a couple of years old..........yea in today's concert it still sounds great but really PopMart wins with the intro, and the graphics onscreen, but if you could transfer today's Bono wearing the laser jacket and possibly fly glasses and his hair dark, and with the round mic, take them back to Popmart, coupled wtih Adam still in Popmart outfit, but Edge looking more like he did in Zoo TV, and Larry dressed as The Joker playing drums during, you'd have one hell of a show.

well, I would enjoy! :D

Popmart. Especially the Leeds version. But it still rocks now and is easily the highlight of the tour.

For some reason, the POPmart version (at least the one from Mexico City) sounds a bit... hollow :reject: I can't describe it (it's been awhile, honestly), but I remember not being too impressed with how the song sounded (though Bono did cook up a kickass intro)... Of what I've heard/ seen from this tour, though, I'm definitely satisfied with how U2 is handling the song.

HMTMKMKM has always been one of my favorites, and, after the band neglected the song with their "18 Singles" collection, I thought we would never hear that tune again from the band (even though it was one of their bigger hits during the 90's)! I am so very, very happy it's back... please Anaheim 1, please oh please oh pleeeaaaaaaaase :pray:

I prefer the Popmart version. I don't really understand the whole 'what time is it?...showtime' thing on this tour since they are playing it so late in the set, the show is pretty much over!! Would work better 2 or 3 songs into the set I think.

For some reason, the POPmart version (at least the one from Mexico City) sounds a bit... hollow :reject: I can't describe it (it's been awhile, honestly), but I remember not being too impressed with how the song sounded (though Bono did cook up a kickass intro)... Of what I've heard/ seen from this tour, though, I'm definitely satisfied with how U2 is handling the song.

HMTMKMKM has always been one of my favorites, and, after the band neglected the song with their "18 Singles" collection, I thought we would never hear that tune again from the band (even though it was one of their bigger hits during the 90's)! I am so very, very happy it's back... please Anaheim 1, please oh please oh pleeeaaaaaaaase :pray:

Agreed it Popmart Mexico does sound really hollow - sounds better now musically + Bono's vocals are way more intersting on the 360 versions

Love the Popmart version but this one is really good too, can't wait to see it. This would be awesome @ Anaheim 1:

Bono+laser jacket+MacPhisto horns+combine popmart/intro = ROCKING THE ENCORE!

Back
Top Bottom