Heineken International, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Get On Your Boots
2. Magnificent
3. Crazy Tonight

4. Beautiful Day
5. Breathe
6. Vertigo

If nothing else, everyone in the crowd knows the words to Vertigo...

This is precisely why I don't listen to radio - bloody radio presenters are talking over the band, cutting away from the action just when it sounds like there'll be one more song, listening to news I don't care about...

This is precisely why I don't listen to radio - bloody radio presenters are talking over the band, cutting away from the action just when it sounds like there'll be one more song, listening to news I don't care about...

:angry:

Dear U2,

Please come and play at Melbourne University at lunchtime, 1pm on Tuesdays. I guarantee you that Ax and I will be there.

Cheers,

major_panic

Dear U2,

Please come and play at Melbourne University at lunchtime, 1pm on Tuesdays. I guarantee you that Ax and I will be there.

Cheers,

major_panic

Wouldn't that be sweet? I'm sure we'd get even quicker live updates at u2gigs.com!

Wouldn't that be sweet? I'm sure we'd get even quicker live updates at u2gigs.com!

Can you imagine Ax and myself interviewing U2? It'd be the most surreal thing to ever happen in the history of U2.

Anyway, I have to head off now. Catch you later, and have a good one! :wave:

Can you imagine Ax and myself interviewing U2? It'd be the most surreal thing to ever happen in the history of U2.

Anyway, I have to head off now. Catch you later, and have a good one! :wave:

I'm sure the questions would be great! Maybe tuf bono related?

You too! Enjoy your weekend.

Ali and I just watched some DVDs of early U2.

Conclusion: Bono was an idiot with a death-wish. Look up The Electric Co. at Devore, 30 May 1983 on YouTube if you don't believe me.

Hey Ax, did you see the Billboard article on the tour?

Conclusion: Bono was an idiot with a death-wish. Look up The Electric Co. at Devore, 30 May 1983 on YouTube if you don't believe me.

Is this the one where he climbs all the way up to the roof of the stage?

Hey Ax, did you see the Billboard article on the tour?

Is this the one where he climbs all the way up to the roof of the stage?

Yeah ... interesting it mentions South America but not Australia, and second legs in the US and Europe. Kiss The Future? Finally, a multi-word tour name from U2.

And you're thinking of the right one! He then throws a fucking flag into the crowd, flagpole and all.

Yeah ... interesting it mentions South America but not Australia, and second legs in the US and Europe. Kiss The Future? Finally, a multi-word tour name from U2.

And you're thinking of the right one! He then throws a fucking flag into the crowd, flagpole and all.

I'm pretty sure that if they have plans for South America, they surely have plans for Australia/Oz as well. While I was not too optimistic about the possibility of a second album soon, it does seem that they are planning the tour in a way that would allow for an album release sometime next year.

That scene is hilarious but at the same time completely crazy. I mean, not only could he have killed himself, but he could have hurt someone in the audience as well. He also climbs in one of these platforms to support a TV camera, doesn't he?

I'm pretty sure that if they have plans for South America, they surely have plans for Australia/Oz as well. While I was not too optimistic about the possibility of a second album soon, it does seem that they are planning the tour in a way that would allow for an album release sometime next year.

That scene is hilarious but at the same time completely crazy. I mean, not only could he have killed himself, but he could have hurt someone in the audience as well. He also climbs in one of these platforms to support a TV camera, doesn't he?

Yeah, the huge window between 28 October 2009 and June 2010 seems to indicate a second album and promo gigs in that period. I'm surprised they wouldn't tour through that and hit Australia around February/March, when stadium access is fairly easy to come by. Otherwise, yeah, it won't be until November. I'd be astonished if they tour South America without popping across the Pacific to us.

It's staggeringly dangerous! I think it was after that show that the band pretty much ordered him to stop climbing. He ran up to the back of the crowd at Red Rocks and St Goarshausen, but neither of those required any dangerous climbing. And yeah, I think the TV camera platform thing is earlier in the gig ... I remember he also dives into the crowd.

He's still an idiot with a death-wish, if you ask me. :wink:

Yeah, the huge window between 28 October 2009 and June 2010 seems to indicate a second album and promo gigs in that period. I'm surprised they wouldn't tour through that and hit Australia around February/March, when stadium access is fairly easy to come by. Otherwise, yeah, it won't be until November. I'd be astonished if they tour South America without popping across the Pacific to us.

It's staggeringly dangerous! I think it was after that show that the band pretty much ordered him to stop climbing. He ran up to the back of the crowd at Red Rocks and St Goarshausen, but neither of those required any dangerous climbing. And yeah, I think the TV camera platform thing is earlier in the gig ... I remember he also dives into the crowd.

I think the reason for the big gap has to be an album, otherwise they would head South earlier.

I think I read somewhere (U2 by U2?) that he would do this type of things very frequently in their first few tours.

Now he only pulls women from the audience to dance with him....

Hello GG2 and Reggo. And goodbye GG2. :wave:

I must say, I'm feeling kind of proud of myself at the moment with how U2gigs is doing so well on this promo tour with being first and most detailed with the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom