Gross, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well guys, it's getting late. I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow!
:wave:

Paris is the one European city I'll visit that actually makes me feel a little nervous. :uhoh:

Ys, that will bite you in the arse. Though, they have to just suck it up and speak in English if they want your business, so don't be too worried. And they're not as bad as the stereotype implies. Some will be, many won't be. Paris is just devine.

One thing, watch out for the gypsy beggars. They'll rob you blind in a second. Don't give them money, just smile and say you don't speak their language and keep walking. As soon as we got out of the train station (from Dover, that train - you'd have died and been in heaven, Ax - it is so fucking fast!!! :love: ), we were warned by a complete stranger and a helpful cabbie on the local beggars. Keep your wallets well out of sight.

Well, then I should go with you guys. I speak French by some quirk of entropy. Never had a lesson in my life.

Ha, awesome. Now just blow all your savings and join us. :wink:

Ys, that will bite you in the arse. Though, they have to just suck it up and speak in English if they want your business, so don't be too worried. And they're not as bad as the stereotype implies. Some will be, many won't be. Paris is just devine.

One thing, watch out for the gypsy beggars. They'll rob you blind in a second. Don't give them money, just smile and say you don't speak their language and keep walking. As soon as we got out of the train station (from Dover, that train - you'd have died and been in heaven, Ax - it is so fucking fast!!! :love: ), we were warned by a complete stranger and a helpful cabbie on the local beggars. Keep your wallets well out of sight.

I don't like the feeling of being the obnoxious tourist who can't speak the local language, though. At least in Liechtenstein, Austria, and parts of Switzerland, they speak German and my German knowledge is enough to get by. And in Geneva, well, I'll be with Renato, and he assures me English is widely spoken anyway. But I could end up in Paris by myself for a day or two and that would be nerve-wracking even if the stereotypes are exaggerated.

:uhoh: I'm paranoid about wallets as it is!

Haha, excellent, there's a place in Liechtenstein called Malbun. I'll have to go there in July! The way I pronounce Malbun and Melbourne is almost identical.

The area around Liechtenstein just keeps delivering good names. Just to the north is Bangs, Austria, and just to the south is Wangs, Switzerland!

The area around Liechtenstein just keeps delivering good names. Just to the north is Bangs, Austria, and just to the south is Wangs, Switzerland!

Liechtenstein: Endless source of entertainment.

I suspect Alison might kill me if I attempt to visit all of them in the ... day or two we have in Liechtenstein, though.

After the good experiences of Boots subscribers last week, it'll be interesting to see how we go this week. Obviously a good number of people have joined ... but then there are plenty of shows going on sale. Lots will be going after Dublin, but with Cardiff, London, Sheffield, Glasgow, Chorzow, and Paris on sale too? I'm hoping everybody will be sufficiently widely distributed that I'll score Dublin II and Renato will get Paris.

So...wait...midnight Ireland time was 2 hours ago... :scratch: I thought the presales started at midnight...

Horizon begins at 10am Tuesday, Breathe at 10am Wednesday, and Boots at 3pm Wednesday.

The only midnight sales are the Milan general sales.

Back
Top Bottom