Got my U2 Communication!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
Got my U2 Communication in the mail today...nice belated birthday present from u2.com!!

Haven't had a chance to check it out fully due to mom duties, BUT the kids thought COBL was really cool!

"Mom, does the crowd always sing so loud?" :yes:

"Miss Sarajevo" from Milan is precious!!

I got mine today also. Its pretty cool. I think the mixing on the Chicago audio could have been better. The Milan audio sounds better to me for some reason. :shrug:

Oh, and there is a stern warning on the CDRom about copying of any of discs. A we will hunt you down kind of warning! :laugh:

theu2fly said:
Any chance anyone can share MP3s for those who don't subscribe?

From the CD sleeve:

"Any U2.com member found copying or downloading this CD will be banned immediately with no refund."

Don't think anyone will be YSI'ing this one on the boards... :eyebrow:

I got mine yesterday too. I can't believe that I received it without having to call fanfire 100 times like I did to receive the keychain/membership card thingie. :huh:

Pop Artist said:
From the CD sleeve:

"Any U2.com member found copying or downloading this CD will be banned immediately with no refund."

Someone who doesn't read the sleeve probably will.

Last edited:
i could see people not posting them on u2.com, but what could they really do if they were posted here?

or sent through peoples emails

nothing, thats what they could do

hell, all of the chicago tracks have already been posted in mp3 format after being ripped fromt he DVD

Pop Artist said:

From the CD sleeve:

I bet this thing's already on P2P networks anyway so pretty soon anyone will be able to upload it here.

And I don't think being banned from U2.com is really much of a punishment. :|

Is Miss Sarajevo another version than the single one? Does the crowd continue singing oh-oh-oh in With Or Without You? Or does it cut? Does it say which songs are from what nights? And is the Vertigo video performance the opening or the encore version?

Not everyone can use P2P due to their ISP, they may only have access at school where P2P access is often blocked, etc. It's fine for people to share things here too.

*I am not commenting on sharing this specific CD, I mean in general. :|

neutral said:
It's fine for people to share things here

So. I would love to see any Milan media?
Anyone care to do me this favour? It's dim and grey outside and my feet are cold. Milan clips (audio/video) would change all this.

Thanks in advance.

God Part III said:
Is Miss Sarajevo another version than the single one? Does the crowd continue singing oh-oh-oh in With Or Without You? Or does it cut? Does it say which songs are from what nights? And is the Vertigo video performance the opening or the encore version?

I'm at work so I cant check some of them. But two I can tell you off hand the answers.

The audio does say which city its from (IE Chicago or Milan) but does not give the exact date. The video of Vertigo from Milan is the encore.

The only thing I want is the wallpaper. I couldn't care less about the audio (seeing as I already have it / will have it, with regards to Milan.)

got mine yesterday. are those chicago tracks from the dvd? i don't get my dvd until christmas. i hope not. i know they aren't from the first chicago show. i wish they had some of the more rare tracks on it.

It doesn't exactly give you an incentive to subscribe does it..

If it was totally exclusive material I'd sign up in flash.

(Though after paying out the dosd, I'm still waiting for my hasta la vista cd. arrrgh)

edgerulz said:
got mine yesterday. are those chicago tracks from the dvd? i don't get my dvd until christmas. i hope not. i know they aren't from the first chicago show. i wish they had some of the more rare tracks on it.

The audio is from 5-9-05 or 5-10-05 for Chicago audio portion, just like the DVD is.

Last edited:
Based on your location, I'm guessing you are in Florida. I am in Georgia myself and unless it arrived today (i'm at work), I still haven't received it. Maybe they are being mailed from the West Coast?

bratty_cat said:
Got mine yesterday too! Definitely a better freebie than that crappy keychain they sent last time.

or that they didn't send, as is the case with me.

i live in kansas. i got mine two days ago (i also resubscribed the day they announced the "incentive"... don't know if that matters...)

all the songs are from the DVD CHICAGO and the upcoming DVD MILAN

but you know what/???

so were all the tracks on the HASTA LA VISTA cd...

i'm not defending u2.communication, i have expressed my thoughts about it on many other posts...

just trying to put a new spin on it

Back
Top Bottom