Get On Your Boots Single Tracklisting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super Yo

New Yorker
From Amazon.

CD 1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Your-Bo...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1232200309&sr=1-2

1. Get On Your Boots - Brian Eno, U2, Daniel Lanois, Declan Gaffney, Richard Rainey, Carl Glanville, Terry Lawless, Sam O'Sullivan
2. No Line On The Horizon - U2, will.i.am, Cenzo Townshend, Brian Eno, Declan Gaffney, Tom Hough, Neil Comber

CD 2 Get On Your Boots: U2: Amazon.co.uk: Music

1. Get On Your Boots - Brian Eno, U2, Daniel Lanois, Declan Gaffney, Richard Rainey, Carl Glanville, Terry Lawless, Sam O'Sullivan
2. No Line On The Horizon - U2, will.i.am, Cenzo Townshend, Brian Eno, Declan Gaffney, Tom Hough, Neil Comber
3. Get On Your Boots - Brian Eno, U2, Daniel Lanois, Declan Gaffney, Richard Rainey, Carl Glanville, Terry Lawless, Sam O'Sullivan

7" VINYL Get On Your Boots [7" VINYL]: U2: Amazon.co.uk: Music

1. Pity we have no mix names
2. Will this be the alt. remix of NLOTH?
3. STOP FUCKING RELEASING MULTIPLE CDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I'm guessing the 2nd GOYB on CD2 is a remix...and I see will.i.am did in fact help produce one of the NLOTH versions :hmm:

We get to hear a shit remix of No Line on The Horizon before we get to hear the original. Wonderful.

It's so strange they are releasing the single almost 1 month after the radio premiere. Why not earlier?!

If they are including the ambient/punk NLOTH on the album then why bother with it is an album bonus track?

I hope this tracklisting does change :sad:

it would be odd to release a remix before the single... i know some bands put out another album track with the first single, but usually not the title track, and certainly nto a remix of a song we haven't heard yet...

i'm guessing this tracklisting will end up not being the final one.

Does seem quite odd. I would rather hear the original first. I think hearing the remix would spoil my first listen to the one on the album.

Does seem quite odd. I would rather hear the original first. I think hearing the remix would spoil my first listen to the one on the album.

I agree.

It does seem like a strange decision. I tend not to like most U2 remixes anyway so I'll probably hang on to listen to the original version.

It's so strange they are releasing the single almost 1 month after the radio premiere. Why not earlier?!

This is normal procedure. In fact, as I have explained in other threads, we're getting the GOYB retail release closer to the radio release than was the case with either Beautiful Day (radio: 31/08/00, retail: 09/10/00) or Vertigo (radio: 24/09/04, retail: 08/11/04). I'd suggest that this procedure no longer has the perks it did pre-Internet, but since sales of physical singles are little better than nil and it looks like there will be a digital single release of just GOYB to coincide with it going to radio, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

This is normal procedure. In fact, as I have explained in other threads, we're getting the Vertigo retail release closer to the radio release than was the case with either Beautiful Day (radio: 31/08/00, retail: 09/10/00) or Vertigo (radio: 24/09/04, retail: 08/11/04).

try again lol

People need to calm down about no new "B-sides" I for one am glad to see there are no new B-sides because as Billboard.com said they have recorded enough songs for an entire seperate album and if the songs are good enough I'd rather see them come out on another album than be banned to the world of B-sides and have people end up arguing whether the B-sides are better than what's on the album etc.

:doh: I really do hope this is not the final listing for this single.

I will probably still buy it just because I love U2 and I'm obsessed but, it really is not logical to release a remix of NLOTH when nobody will hear the original till March 2nd

Because they've gone through so much troule to include the track on the album and it is the title track as well. If I'm the artist I'd want fans to hear the original version before the diluted mix version gets out.

I think original b-sides are destined to iTunes and the UK/Jap album. That's the trend right now. CD singles, unfrotunately, are not that popular as before. If they want to upgrade the interest for legal downloads I'm tend to believe that the best b-sides go for that.

Uhhhh NLOTH had two versions so technically one of the versions will be a B-side. Why the hell complain so damm much????

Why the hell does me complain so damm much???? Read other comments here - including the alternative version of NLOTH on the single, which we'll hear before the rest of the album comes out, will just be, well, a dumb move. It'll lessen the initial experience of the album, especially considering NLOTH on the album is a key track.

Now, go back to U2 supposedly having 60 songs for NLOTH, and remember what U2 B-sides used to mean a long time ago.

Why the hell does me complain so damm much???? Read other comments here - including the alternative version of NLOTH on the single, which we'll hear before the rest of the album comes out, will just be, well, a dumb move. It'll lessen the initial experience of the album, especially considering NLOTH on the album is a key track.

Now, go back to U2 supposedly having 60 songs for NLOTH, and remember what U2 B-sides used to mean a long time ago.

Remember that both NLOTH songs supposably sound completely different from each other so you may be pleasantly surprised! They did say they reworked it. Maybe each version sounds nothing alike and this is why they are adding it as a b-side. Who knows we will never know until we hear it right??? so why complain about it now?

could care less about what's on the discs....I just want to hear the damn song! LEEEAAAAKKKK....although I guess we've waited this long, what's a couple more days...umph:angry:

people complained they would never get to hear *whatever mix gets cut* and now people are complaining they will get to hear it?

Back
Top Bottom