General discussion for an actual late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the proudest moments of my life was narc'ing on these fools by posting on their silly Facebook group that they started the line at capital one arena a solid 3-4 hours before they wanted to tell people.

It was beautiful. :applaud:

This is also lovely. Looks like they're going to have to actually queue until MSS hands out wristbands at 8 am on show day.

https://twitter.com/u2songs/status/1192166488414806017?s=19

Last edited:
So if I have this right, Auckland is 18 hours ahead of the US EST Time Zone which means they will be live at approximately 3am EST on 11/7 for the 11/8 ~9pm show start on 11/8. Guess I’ll be watching videos after the fact instead of a potential live periscope feed. :). Anyone here planning to broadcast it live for people on time zones that are more conducive to watching it live?

=trudges out of The Swamp, that drumph has added to the USA - takes out oxygen tanks mouthpiece, lifts off goggles, and looks around=

Wow, I forgot all about this! Have a great time Kiwi's and Aussies! :hyper:
Very happy you peeps are getting your shows. IGC and Exit (thx, dg) in particular were amazzzing!!!

Someone cheer for me. :D

zoocarolina ohhh - I totally reversed the time thing! :lol: I thought they'd be playing around 2-3pm nyc time. Duuuh. Looks like yt again.

Auckland 2 has now filled up nicely , not many tickets left on the ticketmaster page

I can’t believe they pulled off a pretty much full show! It looked pretty bad on the TM maps last time I looked a couple weeks ago.

Predicted average #JT33 setlist

Setlist:

Sunday Bloody Sunday

New Year's Day

Bad*/*America*(snippet)

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Where the Streets Have No Name*/*California (There Is No End To Love)*(snippet)

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

With or Without You

Bullet the Blue Sky*/*Black Dog*(snippet)*/*America (West Side Story)*(snippet)

Running To Stand Still

Red Hill Mining Town

In God's Country

Trip Through Your Wires

One Tree Hill

Exit*/*Wise Blood*(snippet)*/*Eeny Meeny Miny Moe*(snippet)

Mothers Of The Disappeared

encore(s):

Miss Sarajevo

Beautiful Day*/*Starman*(snippet)

Elevation

Vertigo*/*Rebel Rebel*(snippet)

.Love is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way

Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

One*/*Hear Us Coming*(snippet)
I think I was closest

As an Australian who has been to the shows so far, I can tell you there is a LOT of bad vibes and petty drama going on with the GA lining up system. It's really getting out of hand, and its also the usual international suspects up the front.
I've talked to people that can't see the city sights because they can't be too far away from the stadium at any time. All just so they can be half a metre closer.

Love to visit a city I've never been to before only to ensure I don't go further than 50 metres away from the queue at the stadium and not see the city at all.

These people need to get a proper life.

I've aimed for about a dozen people back on the left diagonal from the tree stage every show. It's a great spot and I'm glad I don't have to be near those people.

My step count over the last week has been through the roof.

this line up list shit is the dumbest, most awful fan behavior short of stalking or murdering

it's so embarrassing

Just so I can get my head around it all these fans turn up days before the gig check in with each other give themselves numbers then go away .

They turn back up on the day of the gig and take those same spaces back because they turned up days beforehand . Is that how it works ?

Something like that. I believe they have to return at certain times to “keep” their numbers.

I know they had wristbands to 500 (I think) for Melbourne then everyone who wasn’t part of the 500 (me) had to queue in seperate areas :rolleyes:

Something like that. I believe they have to return at certain times to “keep” their numbers.

I know they had wristbands to 500 (I think) for Melbourne then everyone who wasn’t part of the 500 (me) had to queue in seperate areas :rolleyes:

In a separate area , that’s crazy . I know this has gone on for a long while aswell.

Image being completely oblivious to all this happening . You go and get your place in the line , think your at the front then 500 people turn up and say “ well we turned up a couple of days ago “ [emoji2][emoji2]

In a separate area , that’s crazy . I know this has gone on for a long while aswell.

Image being completely oblivious to all this happening . You go and get your place in the line , think your at the front then 500 people turn up and say “ well we turned up a couple of days ago “ [emoji2][emoji2]
This is the exact reason why the "lists" are bullshit.

They are not official. There is no notification from the band or venue, no official posting on u2.com or through social media. The majority of the information is posted via closed Facebook groups.

It's utter horse shit.

The entire list/check in system was developed by a few entitled fans who wanted to ensure they'd always be on the rail. Period.

They came to DC and started setting up at like noon on Friday. I saw them and posted that the line had begun on their stupid Facebook page and they got all cranky about how I "hijacked their announcement" and all, like they had some kind of official capacity as masters of the GA line.

They said they were "just organizing" and the list hadn't begun because all shifts weren't covered.

So I was like "k sure great. Now that it's public maybe you'll get that coverage you need thanks bye"

I then proceeded to roll into the arena both days on Sunday and be at the rail. Buncha dicks, they are.

Sorry if it’s been asked previously, but what time are they typically coming on stage? Have a late finish at work so won’t get there til about 8.

It should be Noel 6:30pm / U2 8:10pm. Ticketek / SCG website lists it starting at 6:30pm, from memory Noel has started right on the designated start time for every show so far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom