GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I will be getting there early, but my friend will get there around 11. Can I tell the line nazis to put down both of our names

Also, I will be getting there early, but my friend will get there around 11. Can I tell the line nazis to put down both of our names

You can try but it really depends on the people around you in line, if they are OK with that. For Chicago 1 there weren't really numbers or line nazis. People had wristbands and/or numbers but I don't think they really counted for anything. We got there at 5:20am and just got in line, didn't check in or write our names down. There was a lot of security along the line so even if the people near us had been OK with our late friend jumping in, I doubt security would have let her. She was planning to come around 10am and when we told her she would not be able to cut, she just came later instead.

There were a LOT of people on the outside, probably as many or more than inside, but I would at least go check. Just keep going along either side, stay to the outside and go almost to the back of the stage (past the Red Zone areas) to get in. A lot of people simply missed it and funneled along the outer rail.

ok... so stay along the outside of the "field" past the redzone to the back of the stage... got it.

Um, this "line nazi" says No. I know people want to go together, and they can't all make it in at the same time, but in all the GA lines that I've been to, you can't get a wristband or put your name down unless you are physically there. Holding the line (or even holding spots in the pit/pitch) is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't expect anybody to do it for me, and I expect no one to do this to me. When I get to the venue at a certain time, I only expect people who have been there before me to be in front of me, not people who are coming later in the day, for whatever reason. We all have the times that we can commit to, we all have other things to do besides sitting in a GA line all day. I don't think this is such an unreasonable request. I've been to restaurants where they won't even seat you until the party is complete.

Um, this "line nazi" says No. I know people want to go together, and they can't all make it in at the same time, but in all the GA lines that I've been to, you can't get a wristband or put your name down unless you are physically there. Holding the line (or even holding spots in the pit/pitch) is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't expect anybody to do it for me, and I expect no one to do this to me. When I get to the venue at a certain time, I only expect people who have been there before me to be in front of me, not people who are coming later in the day, for whatever reason. We all have the times that we can commit to, we all have other things to do besides sitting in a GA line all day. I don't think this is such an unreasonable request. I've been to restaurants where they won't even seat you until the party is complete.

No offense, but my cousin has to work, and I'm holding a spot in line for him.. Plus I have his ticket anyway..I can see if it's more than one person, but one shouldn't be a problem... Plus he's bringing beer!

Don't see how this is any different than queuing for Star Wars or for a black Friday sale so that your pregnant wife doesn't have to. Holding it up for one person should be okay, but I understand if you're holding it for 4 or more people. THEN, yes, it is unreasonable.

like most other wristbands, they get strapped onto your wrist and then sit there until removed, either intentionally or otherwise.

^
drunk-irish-048.gif

No offense, but my cousin has to work, and I'm holding a spot in line for him.. Plus I have his ticket anyway..I can see if it's more than one person, but one shouldn't be a problem... Plus he's bringing beer!
one person skipping is just as bad as ten. and what difference does it make that he's bringing beer? is he going to give one to everyone he cut in line?

one person skipping is just as bad as ten. and what difference does it make that he's bringing beer? is he going to give one to everyone he cut in line?

No it's just for us.

I've been to other shows where it's perfectly acceptable to hold a spot in a GA line for a friend who is arriving later. I plan on letting him jump in with me..

It's just gonna be one of the things that ppl will perpetually disagree on. I guess if you're already number 500 and above it doesn't matter as long as 100 other people don't have the same idea. Then you'll be number 600. Just don't do that in front of me if I'm below 200. That's just disrespecting people who have spent a significant amt of time lining up to get a good spot.
I guess if you're already on #500 and above who cares if one person c
ut in front of you as long as 100 other people do not have the same idea.
If y

i don't think 1 person is bad.this happens alot. i don't mind if the person in front of me has someone who couldnt be there right away. Its just good concert karma to be understanding because you never know when you'll be the one that cant be in line right away. In hawaii, my friend's (who lives there)19th bday coincided with the u2 show. Her family wanted to spend the day with her. She wasnt allowed to join me when she arrived and missed it. i wouldnt wish that on anyone.

I guess I'll see how it pans out tomorrow.

It'll be as okay as long as you are absolutely clear to those around you. Stick to your guns, but be honest about it. (but don't have some expectation that this'll go over well with the line police, it won't)

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Simple rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated. At what point does holding a spot in line become unacceptable to you for the line in front of you? 10? 50? 100?

Good luck.

Any experiences from yesterday? I'm planning to arrive around 4pm today; wondering what the line was like at that time and if I might still be able to get into the circle/claw.

Any experiences from yesterday? I'm planning to arrive around 4pm today; wondering what the line was like at that time and if I might still be able to get into the circle/claw.

Me too. Unless the stars align, I'll be leaving PA at around 2 and hope to get to the Meadowlands at 4/4:30. Have heard reports that people have been getting into the inner circle by showing up at @6, and hope that holds true for tonight.

Gosh, is it really tonight? I can hardly believe it! So excited.

Me too. Unless the stars align, I'll be leaving PA at around 2 and hope to get to the Meadowlands at 4/4:30. Have heard reports that people have been getting into the inner circle by showing up at @6, and hope that holds true for tonight.

Gosh, is it really tonight? I can hardly believe it! So excited.

I've heard the same thing, but New York is always a different story... hopefully it works out!

Sarah and I are 5' and we figured our best bet would be outside rail. Thankfully, that's exactly where my family ended up last night at Gillette (my husband and son were with us) and we were thrilled with our spot practically dead center outside rail. It was perfect for us shorties! I think we would've had trouble seeing if we went inside the pit at the back rail. Having no one in front of us to block our view at all was awesome!

Sarah and I were in the pit on the rail directly in front of Adam last night, and overall we could see Bono, Adam, and Edge just fine when they were toward the front of the stage. It was a bit harder to see them when the wandered though.We didn't see too much of Larry, but keep in mind we are only 5'.

Sarah and I were in the pit on the rail directly in front of Adam last night, and overall we could see Bono, Adam, and Edge just fine when they were toward the front of the stage. It was a bit harder to see them when the wandered though.We didn't see too much of Larry, but keep in mind we are only 5'.

What time did you get there? What was the line like mid-afternoon? Thanks!!

Freakin blackberry made my Interference posts weird. Sorry abt that last paragraph that got duplicated in my last post. Circa1992, nice to have met you in the line and to be behind you in the pit last night. I hope Liz is doing ok.
I heard today's line started out with problems.

Maybe I'm confused on the whole wristbands thing. I did GA yesterday at the Meadowlands and didn't get a wristband at any point. Can anyone clarify what they are for?

In Chicago they were so we could leave the field and come back. We used the same bathrooms and food stands as the rest of the stadium, so it was to prevent anyone from just walking down one of any number of stairs onto the field without GA tickets. We just had to show the wristband at the bottom to get back onto the field. Same for the pit, they had their own wristbands to get back in after leaving.

GUYS I HAVE A BIG QUESTION!

Are There GA tickets available for the general sale? even after the U2.com presale?

It's just gonna be one of the things that ppl will perpetually disagree on. I guess if you're already number 500 and above it doesn't matter as long as 100 other people don't have the same idea. Then you'll be number 600. Just don't do that in front of me if I'm below 200. That's just disrespecting people who have spent a significant amt of time lining up to get a good spot.
I guess if you're already on #500 and above who cares if one person c
ut in front of you as long as 100 other people do not have the same idea.
If y

But when I goto the line nazis to register my name and get a number, I'll also be putting down her name too. When she arrives in a few hours she can get her number and come join me. I don't see what's wrong about that. Sometimes you can't make it on your own. That's when you have others to support you. I wonder what our beloved Bono and The Edge would do in such cases. Would they be such hard asses and disciplinarians who would settle to keep two friends apart through a concert show of a lifetime? or would they be actually be humane and understanding about the whole thing?

It's one person.

they might not give you a wristband or whatever if the person isn't present. personally, i don't feel it's fair to hold a spot for someone who isn't coming until hours later, closer to the show time. basically, they'll be skipping everyone. but i don't do ga for u2 so it's not like someone cutting the line personally affects me. but yeah.

So here is my first GA experience since Elevation:

So I ended up getting there around 2:15 and was the last person to get numbered by the unofficial/unsanctioned line people.. 702.. At around 3:15 the stadium security made us get rid of our chairs and made the line move like a heard of cattle. My cousin ended up getting there on the first train around 4, so instead of slipping into line-which the people around us had no problem with- we decided to tail gate in the parking lot and watch the line keep getting shuffled around.
When it was apparent people were really starting to arrive, Around 5:00 with a bag of beer in hand, we decided to jump onto the back of the line, which was really just a giant mob of about 800 people.. We ended up being pushed up to the middle of the group along the fence by the crowd. We both ended up in the back of the pit about a row off. During Muse it was great..plenty of room to move.. Lots of great pictures and video... As soon as it got close to show time, it got real crowded and we were barely able to move.. Getting in and out was hard, but not impossible..I made the trip 2 or 3 times.. It required a lot of pushing and apologizing.. The guys next to me asked me what time I got there and then told me they showed up at 7:30 and asked me what I thought of that. I told them as long as they weren't in front of me I didn't give a shit.. This was after they strong armed their way into my general area. It got too crowed so during Magnificent we left and enjoyed the concert from the sides by the food and then by the sound board.. Great show!

The point is you can show up at 4:30 and later and get a great spot..

Back
Top Bottom