FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oops................................I threw a look in the vocabulary, lovely doesn't mean what I thought.........................:eek:

:laugh:

Ok, pass.......................................

:laugh:

Qualifying results:

Pole position for Alonso
2nd Fisichella
3rd M. Schumacher
4th Massa
5th Barrichello
6th R. Schumacher
7th Trulli
8 Button
9 Raikkonen
10 Heidfeld
11 Webber
12 Montoya
13 Rosberg
14 Villeneuve
15 Klien
16 Liuzzi
17 Speed
18 Monteiro
19 Albers
20 Sato
21 Montagny
22 Coulthard

Great Ferrari-Renault duel, another catastrophe for McLaren

Amazing race for Renault, Ferrari did really a step backwards. Wrong fuel, wrong strategy, wrong tyres, just a day to forget....................:(

Anyway, here's the results:

1 Alonso (Renault)
2 Schumacher (Ferrari)
3 Fisichella (Renault)
4 Massa (Ferrari)
5 Raikkonen (Mercedes)
6 Button (Honda)
7 Barrichello (Honda)
8 Heidfeld (Sauber)

1 Alonso 54
2 Schumacher 39
3 Raikkonen 27
4 Fisichella 24
5 Massa 20
6 Button 16
7 Montoya 15
8 Barrichello 8
9 R. Schumacher 7
10 Webber, Villeneuve, Heidfeld 6
11 Rosberg 4
12 Klien, Coulthard 1

1 Renault 78
2 Ferrari 59
3 McLaren 42
4 Honda 24
5 Bmw 12
6 Williams 10
7 Toyota 7
8 RedBull 2

babyman said:
Amazing race for Renault, Ferrari did really a step backwards. Wrong fuel, wrong strategy, wrong tyres, just a day to forget....................:(

Aaaw, come on now. Last week Michael won and now it was our turn! I'm very happy about this race! :D

A lot of races still ahead of us so there's really no reason to be so depressed. Still a lot of races in which Michael and Fernando will fight for victory! :hyper:

And I want the blue team to win...

Renault deserved to win Barcelona, Ferrari did mistakes but I must admit Renault was at the top. I'm sure this season will be surely more than exciting, if only McLaren would wake up and fight, too. Raikkonen does miracles actually, Montoya looks to be mature for Midland or SuperAguuuuuuuuuuuuri!

And I want the RED team to win.................

:wink:

Honestly I don't like this point system. They need to go back to 4 points between first and second place.

Right now, it would take so long for Scheuey to claw his way back in the points, finishing first every race with Alonso in second.

That's just not right - there needs to be more emphasis put on winning again, not consistancy.

No, I think it's good so. The difference remains evrytime small. Schumacher is 15 points under mostly because of his crash in Australia and the bad result in Malaysia. It's important he arrives everytime, Alonso will have a fail a time or the other like Schumacher had, and it will be important that Michael makes find himself ready

Last edited:
ive only ever been to one GP, Melbourne 98-Qualifying Day, it was amazing i love that beautiful sound of the cars...GO MARK WEBBER, Australias behind you. and failing webber, GO Mike Schumacher

my father in law is Formula One mad and has been to Silverstone loads of times. His dream is to watch Schumacher at Monaco.

i of course support any other driver just to wind him up....in a nice way of course.

The one thing I hate about it is the fact that it is so so difficult to judge the drivers because the car is such an important part of the team game that it is.

I would love to see a standard car, standard design etc for each driver to see who really is the racing talent rather than who is obviously very good but also has the best car.

I do understand this couldnt happen in Formula One but they are trying it in theat international team Formula (forget what it is called though??).

Could be in fact interesting what you say, and I have the same idea as you. But on the other hand there are so many automobile's industries who move tons of interests in Formula 1. You have colossal industries like Mercedes, Bmw, Toyota, Ferrari, Renault, Honda.................you know, it's a bit difficult they would refuse their huge part of money just to see who's the faster pilot

babyman said:
Could be in fact interesting what you say, and I have the same idea as you. But on the other hand there are so many automobile's industries who move tons of interests in Formula 1. You have colossal industries like Mercedes, Bmw, Toyota, Ferrari, Renault, Honda.................you know, it's a bit difficult they would refuse their huge part of money just to see who's the faster pilot

I agree - thats why it will never happen. There is just too much money in the sport and it is now a team game and construction and design of the car is more important than the choice of driver!

Why do you think sport is losing its value? Money, money, money................it wastes everything, sometimes I feel pretty uncomfortable by yelling for football, formula 1 and all the other sports I like..................................it's something you should forget when you're watching it, otherwise you really lose the whole spirit

CKONE said:
The one thing I hate about it is the fact that it is so so difficult to judge the drivers because the car is such an important part of the team game that it is.

I would love to see a standard car, standard design etc for each driver to see who really is the racing talent rather than who is obviously very good but also has the best car.

I do understand this couldnt happen in Formula One but they are trying it in theat international team Formula (forget what it is called though??).

the internation Grand Prix thing is A1 grand prix

The competition of the teams is the thing that drives F1 as much as the drivers, though. That's why the sport is still one of, if not the most technologically advanced motor racing series.

Canadiens1160 said:
The competition of the teams is the thing that drives F1 as much as the drivers, though. That's why the sport is still one of, if not the most technologically advanced motor racing series.

exactly and I appreciate that - but it does make it impossible to truly judge the drivers unfortunately.

Stick me in a ferrari and I will win every race against competitors in a trabant!:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom