Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hardyharhar said:
Monorails would be perfect down the middle of every freeway in Southern California. I suppose other systems could be used just as well

For that sort of thing, a standard railway would be far more suited - higher speeds, higher capacity, and interoperability with the existing rail network.

I can't think of a single scenario where a monorail is the ideal option, really. Except perhaps for those short monorail loops that some amusement parks have.

phillyfan26 said:
I've sort of stumbled into a nice first disc for my playlist.

Axver, is the minimum 60 minutes for each disc?

I don't know, I'm doing mine as an iPod playlist. Disc splits annoy me.

mysterious_jen said:

:lmao: yes yes they are, did you pick me up a bag of weed or what ?

:lol:

I couldn't believe all the teenage mothers and how just about everyone had a stereotypically bogan haircut.

I'm going to annoy the shit out of you then. I have two discs, each with two sides.

I hate them too normally, but somehow it works here.

I'm almost done my first draft.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm going to annoy the shit out of you then. I have two discs, each with two sides.

I hate them too normally, but somehow it works here.

I'm almost done my first draft.

LMP did something like that one time around too. Assuming phanan doesn't change the rules, you can use any format you like really, as long as you stay within the 160 minutes. You could be crazy and specify you're doing cassettes for all the rules care.

Mine's going to end up being somewhere between 120-130 minutes. :lol:

I'm doing the whole thing on iTunes as well, but flow-wise (WTF IS FLOW???) I think me playlist works best the way I'm making it. I don't know. Usually those things bug me too, but it just seems like the way to go here.

Varitek said:

no shit, but i don't get why one of you says they're poor for networks and another thinks they belong on an la freeway

The main problem with monorails is that it is very hard to change tracks, especially at speed. You just can't make a viable network out of them - many monorail systems are small and simply run in a continuous loop to avoid needing to change tracks anywhere. They're also much less flexible than regular trains in terms of catering for heightened demand. They have capacity issues in the first place, and if you get a large crowd, you're in trouble. You can't simply just add another carriage like with a normal train.

Last edited:
Axver said:

The main problem with monorails is that is is very hard to change tracks, especially at speed. You just can't make a viable network out of them - many monorail systems are small and simply run in a continuous loop to avoid needing to change tracks anywhere. They're also much less flexible than regular trains in terms of catering for heightened demand. They have capacity issues in the first place, and if you get a large crowd, you're in trouble. You can't simply just add another carriage like with a normal train.

:up:

i absolutley love cillian murphy. i'm gonna watch the wind that shakes the barley now.

no country for old men was technically nice, but it didn't do much for me emotionally. eh.

Varitek said:
i absolutley love cillian murphy. i'm gonna watch the wind that shakes the barley now.

no country for old men was technically nice, but it didn't do much for me emotionally. eh.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here.

Axver said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here.

cillian murphy = actor (wind that shakes the barley, 28 days later, sunshine)
wind that hsakes the barley = movie
no country for old men = movie i said i was watching upthread

I'm tempted to do something very bold and include a 20 minute atmospheric black metal song in my Desert Island playlist. Sure, it'll doom my chances of getting ... any votes at all, but it'd fit my theme.

Varitek said:

cillian murphy = actor (wind that shakes the barley, 28 days later, sunshine)
wind that hsakes the barley = movie
no country for old men = movie i said i was watching upthread

Never heard of him. Only heard of one of those movies, 28 Days Later, which I haven't seen.

Never heard of it.

Vaguely heard of it. Just thought "that's a stupid name for a movie" and that's it.

Axver said:

Never heard of him. Only heard of one of those movies, 28 Days Later, which I haven't seen.

Never heard of it.

Vaguely heard of it. Just thought "that's a stupid name for a movie" and that's it.

28 days later is great you should see it

wind that shakes the barley is about irish partisans at the turn of the century and i'll let you know in a few hours if it's good but i'm expecting it to be great. (then i expected that or jesse james and didn't really like it :sad: )

no country just won the oscar, but i don't think it deserved it. no emotional impact. i haven't seen most of the other nominated films but :down:

I'm honestly not a movies kind of guy. I don't really know why. I just rarely feel enthused about them.

ok i've seen atonement and juno, both good (atonement better than the book) but not oscar winners. michael clayton and there will be blood i have yet to see.

gone baby gone shoulda gotten a nomination over some of those :sad:

also Once was great, speaking of recent irish film. sooooo good. i saw such good movies on that air canada flight - once, sunshine, and the beginning of after the wedding which i finished later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom