Experience : Moving to Dublin: A Dream Come True *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/experience/flaviathumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Flavia

flavia1.jpg

1825 days, 43.800 hours and well, I'm not even going to try to calculate how many minutes have passed since I started dreaming about moving to the Holy Land.

It all started five years ago, when I was a youthful 17 year old when U2 played in Argentina for the first time in February 1998.

I was lucky enough to manage to get front row seats for two of the three concerts, and this is where my dream started...in a very oddly manner I'd say. To make the long story short, I'll just say that during ?With Or Without You,? Bono pointed at me and signalled one of the security guys to get me onstage. But as I was being pulled out of the crowd, this "incredibly nice, polite and sympathetic girl" (note the sarcasm in this description) jumped over the security bar and got onstage instead. Since then, I have had one single goal in mind: move to Ireland and get to dance with Mr B. I achieved the first bit, although I doubt I'll be able to experience the second part (unless Bono is reading this story and takes pity on this poor girl and sends her a note asking her to dance with him next time they play in Ireland or Argentina!)

Flash-forward to 2003 - I have been living in Dublin for two weeks and I'm having ball so far! Not only is the place where I live is gorgeous but also my boyfriend's family is lovely and they make me feel very welcome. Last weekend, I woke up Brian fairly early and started nagging him with going to Killiney to pay a little visit to my Bono?s gaff. After a while, he finally accepted to take me there. I actually think that was a very wise decision for him to make, because otherwise he would have gone deaf after having to put up with me for such a long time!

Brian's mother took us to the DART station and this is how my little pilgrimage started. The first bit of the journey wasn't really outstanding, but about five minutes later, I turned my head to my left and saw one truly amazing view: the sea, the bluest sky and the mountains in the back. I was already getting excited and I even wasn't in Killiney yet!

flavia2.jpg

But when I got there, I was so thrilled that poor Brian had to ask me to slow down a little bit. And what was the first thing I saw (besides the lovely view of course!) the Hewson Manor! That's when I started running up the hill, but after five seconds, I was panting like crazy. Finally, we got to the gates of the house, and I just didn't know what to say/do. You know when you want something so much and when you finally get it you are so overwhelmed that you get blocked? But then I started jumping around like a nutter and repeating: ?yes yes yes!?

That?s when we noticed this little passage beside Bono's gaff that leads to the beach. We decided to take a little break before heading to Bray. We sat on the rocks, drinking a Heineken and freezing our faces off! But to be honest, I didn't mind the cold wind because I was finally in Ireland, admiring Bono's house from the beach and most important I was sharing this with the guy I love.

We went to Howth a couple of hours later, and I could have gone to Larry Mullen Jnr?s house, but by then it was late and we were hungry so we just went back home.
I'm still trying to find Adam's gaff, without any luck so far, and I know I live ten minutes away from his place!

Well, this is my story, my friends. And what's the morale of this story? Be stubborn because it (kinda) pays off!

Oh yeah! One more message before I shut my gob once and for all: Bono, if you are out there reading this, YOU OWE ME A DANCE! Just kidding. No, but really - if anyone talks to him, remind the man that there's this poor wee girl from Argentina who still dreams about dancing with him.

hope you get that dance one day!! I would have punched the chick and jumped on the stage! :hyper: He he.. though it probably wouldn't have been appreciated..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Flavie!!!!!!!!! Que bueno que te gusta Irlanda!!!!! It reminds me of when I was living there and now I miss it LOL I wish we could have stayed there permenantly but unfortunately with the work visas and well since I got so ill we had to leave :( I hope to be back there soon to visit all my friends soon!!!!! Well probably after my wedding sometime LOL

I think i would agree with natalie next time don't let someone in the way of meeting bono
Q

Natztar said:
hope you get that dance one day!! I would have punched the chick and jumped on the stage! :hyper: He he.. though it probably wouldn't have been appreciated..

I didn't punch her because I was way too shock to understand what was going on. Not every day you are asked to dance with the B-Man! :gasp: :D

But the people around me reacted quickly and gave her a thump or two. Thanks guys! ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom