Eminem looms large.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
From Hits. 927,000 in his SECOND week. Just one more week to lose steam and let U2 sneak in. Will it happen?
Here's the top ten and percentage change from last weeks sales:

1 EMINEM SHADY/INTERSCOPE 927,940 +26%
ENCORE

2 DESTINY'S CHILD COLUMBIA/CRG 505,002 +848%
DESTINY FULFILLED

3 LIL' JON & THE EASTSIDE BOYZ TVT 385,766 +1014%
CRUNK JUICE
CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 265,535 --
MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE

5 SHANIA TWAIN MERCURY NASHVILLE 231,126 -56%
GREATEST HITS

6 SNOOP DOGG GEFFEN 228,683 --
R&G (RHYTHM & GANGSTA)

7 TOBY KEITH DREAMWORKS NASHVILLE 215,450 -50%
GREATEST HITS 2

8 NOW THAT WHAT I CALL MUSIC! V.17 CAPITOL 190,329 -18%
VARIOUS

9 USHER LAFACE/ZLG 126,949 +22%
CONFESSIONS

10 CHINGY CAPITOL 123,439 --

ugh.....Eminem sold nearly a million units....after selling a ton last week....ugh, ugh, ugh......this could be very close.

I just noticed that it's either rap/r&b or country in the top ten. U2 needs to bring the rock 'n' roll!!!!

I still think we are looking o.k - 1.6m units is alot and the demand should really start to ease this week as Eminem's core fans have purchased the album. That said, u2 will still need to sell 500K plus as I am figuring on a 50% drop for Eminem. I hope we get to number 1, but as I have said previously, it is really important for the record to stay in the top 10 thru the peak buying season (next 4 weeks).

It's the biggest shopping week of the year, Em won't drop 50%. Probably more like 40% or 35%. Expect him to sell 575,000-650,000 in week three. Thing is, I think the boys will still top him. Come on people, keep the faith. They are a bigger band now that when Beautiful Day was released.

womanfish said:
From Hits. 927,000 in his SECOND week. Just one more week to lose steam and let U2 sneak in. Will it happen?
Here's the top ten and percentage change from last weeks sales:

1 EMINEM SHADY/INTERSCOPE 927,940 +26%
ENCORE

2 DESTINY'S CHILD COLUMBIA/CRG 505,002 +848%
DESTINY FULFILLED

3 LIL' JON & THE EASTSIDE BOYZ TVT 385,766 +1014%
CRUNK JUICE
CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 265,535 --
MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE

5 SHANIA TWAIN MERCURY NASHVILLE 231,126 -56%
GREATEST HITS

6 SNOOP DOGG GEFFEN 228,683 --
R&G (RHYTHM & GANGSTA)

7 TOBY KEITH DREAMWORKS NASHVILLE 215,450 -50%
GREATEST HITS 2

8 NOW THAT WHAT I CALL MUSIC! V.17 CAPITOL 190,329 -18%
VARIOUS

9 USHER LAFACE/ZLG 126,949 +22%
CONFESSIONS

10 CHINGY CAPITOL 123,439 --

..GREAT MUSIC THERE IN THE STATES..

Re: Re: Eminem looms large.....

CICOLO said:

..GREAT MUSIC THERE IN THE STATES..

Let's not start this again. We've had this rant before, and after fifty posts it was determined that people's taste is their own, and that music everywhere pretty much stinks. Stick to the topic.

Re: Re: Re: Eminem looms large.....

tkramer said:

Let's not start this again. We've had this rant before, and after fifty posts it was determined that people's taste is their own, and that music everywhere pretty much stinks. Stick to the topic.

Don't be so aggressive,please..ok americans have the best tastes anytime anywhere anyplace in anything worldwide!!
HTDAAB in Italy is doing extremely well..guess will be # 1 easily!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eminem looms large.....

CICOLO said:

Don't be so aggressive,please..ok americans have the best tastes anytime anywhere anyplace in anything worldwide!!
HTDAAB in Italy is doing extremely well..guess will be # 1 easily!!

I don't think he meant it as an aggressive attack or that "Americans are the best" comment either. I think he just meant that while it appears the current musical tastes here are questionable, the same could be said about numerous, if not all, countries worldwide.

Music in the U.S. goes in trends. In the late 70's, dance/disco music dominated. There were a few exceptions (like Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors"), but disco easily ruled the singles charts.

In the mid-80's, it was more "pop" or "lite rock" music. Bands like Culture Club and Wham dominated the charts.

In the later 80's, it was a mix of either people like Debbie Gibson or the big hair bands (Bon Jovi).

In the early 90's, grunge music was ubiquitous.

In the late 90's, boy bands and pop music stormed back, with Britney Spears, N'Sync, and the Backstreet Boys topping the charts.

And currently, rap and R&B music is king.

My point is that this is just another trend. Come 2007, we could have a different type of music fighting in the top 10.

Yet despite these trends, U2 enters the charts in the top 5 again and again, often hitting #1.

As for this time, I really think U2 need to sell 600,000+ copies to hit #1 and I'm not sure that will happen. I'm fully expecting U2 to enter the charts at #2 or lower - although they still might have very strong sales.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom