Elevation vs. Vertigo vs. Sexy Boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your fav - what say you Interference?

• Total voters

CTU2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Seems like U2 has felt like having one of these on each album lately. You know, somewhat forced up tempo rocker written expressly as a concert opener, generally piss-weak lyrically...you know what I'm talking about. So, which one do you like the most/dislike the least?

Voted Elevation. Neither of these is great, and yeah "a mole diggin' in a hole" is cringe-inducing, but it's fun. No restrictions on version, you can vote based on live versions, mixes, pretend it's Native Son, whatever.

1. Elevation
2. Vertigo

387. Boots

1. Boots
2. Verigo

∞. Elevation

Oh, and Boots actually means something lyrically, at least in the context of the album.

Elevation. It's in my top 20, and it's IMO their best concert opener, just barely beating out Zoo Station.

1. Boots
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation

Boots has solid lyrics, awesome drums & bass, and the best bridge (Let me in sound)

Vertigo has a better guitar riff

Elevation is a fun song live

1. Boots
2. Vertigo

∞. Elevation

Oh, and Boots actually means something lyrically, at least in the context of the album.

:up:

And the album version of Elevation is just so damn awful. Single version is much better, but I enjoy the other two much more.

I don't get the hate for Boots, but yeah, I don't get a lot of things. It's a fun song, but when you concentrate on the lyrics it's actually pretty damn serious(Save for the sexy boots part) and all the layers are great.

My favorite U2 song: Elevation
My 6th favorite U2 song: Get on Your Boots

...and yeah, there's Vertigo too.

Elevation. one of my favourites off the first U2 album i bought so it's always gonna be special to me. :)

Vertigo still sounds great..dunno why.

Boots is possibly THE worst single U2 have ever released, let alone had the sheer lapse of intelligence to decide to put on an otherwise great album. :down::down::down: Awful AWFUL song. I'll go as far to say it's embarassing to hear that come on when my friends are around me. 'Hey Gareth it's U2...bet you love THIS song huh?!?' FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!

1. BOOTS!

2. Vertigo - Would have been first easily but Boots came along and it blows it away. Go U2 :rockon: I still love Vertigo though.

3. Elevation

I think they all suck in their own unique way...

(That was mean)

But I like to run to all of them so...I appericate their existence

I can see the brotherhood between Elevation and Vertigo, I would prefer Elevation because I find it lighter and funnier, although I like Vertigo too, but I can't see their relation with Boots, it's very different, Boots plays in a higher league, at least in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom